How is it after the first day

CriusXD

Re: Some tips on Seasons crop rotation - Possible spoilers

Post by CriusXD »

CriusXD wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm
bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:26 pm My thoughts on this after playing with the rotation planner.
  • Soybeans seem virtually impossible to get about 90% yield unless you leave land fallow. Even then the minimum I saw was 90%, meaning fallow to soybeans would need to yield 180% to justify loss of one years crop. It looks like soybeans are a support crop more than anything as you can put them in, take a 10% yield hit and then get 20% bonus on the following two crops.
  • Leaving land fallow is a waste of resources because in order to get the land to break even it would need to 2x the minimum yield of the crop. As i didn't look a root crops, this may be the only area that it works.
  • The UI is a little weird, but basically it should be labeled prior to previous crop, previous crop, current crop, next crop, etc. Once you understand this it is much easier to understand that you have to enter the field history and are basically working on the 3rd and subsequent entries as to what you need to plant. It also is a loop, so entries into 4,5 and 6 affect item 1. I watched many a streamer struggle with this and it is very hard to explain via chat.
Rotations I like:
  • Grass, Grass, Cereal (wheat, barley, oat) - good for supporting livestock. I think the yield works out to 120%, 108%, 120% assuming it is looped. Grass can be replaced by cotton in geo that supports it for those who want to farm it.
  • Soybean, Canola, Cereal (wheat, barley, oat) - everything can be planted using a seeder and the yield is 90%, 120%, 120%. You give up 10% soybean yield for plus 40% yield on the other two crops
  • Soybean, Sunflower, Corn - same as above only for those who don't mind tillage and are farming with planters.
I started a new game, and had fallow, fallow on the first field. But when I scanned my fields after harvesting grass, the previous state of the field was cereal, but I planted grass, can you check that?
I have the samr problem.
marlowc

Re: Seasons bug or ancient PC?

Post by marlowc »

I've had to crank back a bit on my graphics settings to play with Seasons on Greenwich, but nothing too drastic - still plays perfectly well.
Lostfarmer6474

Re: Seasons on Ravenport.

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Thank you for making that game great again. *thumbsup*
I made 60 bales from first grass cut. Most grass bales and some of them hay bales. Looks like silage bales and hay bales are selling around 700 $ . Really love that mechanic when grass dryes and turns to hay. *thumbsup*
theSeb

Re: Seasons GEO

Post by theSeb »

They correlate to growth states 1 to 6 with one being planted. :)

I have purposefully not released any info on how to create crops files. The reason for this is that we want to get Seasons a bit more stable before throwing in further complications, such as other people's GEOs. You are on your own for the moment. Sorry guys.
zoli10

Re: Seasons GEO

Post by zoli10 »

I'm trying, trying....... modify-save-load :-)

Thank you for your answer!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Logged as bug. Thanks.
hun3

Re: Seasons - thank you.

Post by hun3 »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:43 am
hun3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:38 am What do y'all think is a reasonable donation??

$29.95 That how much was FS 19.
Whatever you think it's worth your time.
Recreation in the USA has different costs than in East Europe for example.
Personally, I'd donate what a beer and pizza night costs in my area.
Of course donation amount is optional. The reason I said that amount is because thats how much I spent on the original game I played for only a month before I went back to 17. With this update now the game has a whole new meaning to play.
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

bossmanslim wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:07 pm
theSeb wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:03 pm We are not the best at writing manuals. I'll explain why:
You forgot the most important reason no ones write manuals; no one reads them anyway.

I don't mind "exploring" mechanics as long as they are consistent and logical.
Leaders are Readers
Lucass

Re: Seasons and animals

Post by Lucass »

Hi,

I will change the subject a bit...

As we know, the amount of food we have to deliver to animals over the next year is given in the animal management window. The question is, can I completely fill the trough with this amount for the whole year, or (in the case of a 3-day season) give them one twelfth year-amount of food every day or maybe one sixth every other day?

Above question is caused by writing in the Seasons manual following sentence:
“The food throughs can in Seasons 19 only contain 48 hours (game time) of food, meaning it is best to check up on your animals every day.”
So, how to manage feeding?

Ps. Watering is of course a separate case.
Redrummed

Re: Seasons - Months

Post by Redrummed »

Sorry for been a pain, but which file in the folder do I edit to change this?
Lucass

Seasons - baling

Post by Lucass »

Hello Friends,

few questions about baling:

a. It seems obvious that during the rain it is impossible to create hay or straw bales from the heaps in the field - so if not, how long after the rain can I start baling? Is it possible at all to create bales of straw or hay after the rain?
(I know that the straw/hay rots in the rain and their remaining amount probably depends on how long it rained, right?)

b. I guess that nothing stands in the way of baling fresh grass for silage regardless of its moisture (even when it's raining), and then immediately foil the bales?

c. On the current save I have a silage in the bunker silo (for sale). Can I start Seasons with it, or is it better to sell it before Seasons?
juf.de

Re: Seasons - baling

Post by juf.de »

i recommend you watch farmer klein his videos on youtube about seaason, it helps alot.
a) you can't make hay as long as the grass is wet. The higher the temperatures the faster it dries. if the grass gets dry before you cut it, it gets hay directly, but there is no specific timeperiod it takes before it dried up.
b) The grass doesn't vanish on the spot, just do the wrapping within a day after cutting the grass
c) as far as i know seasons doesn't change something around silage besides the price, so it should be safe to keep it, but if you want to sell it anyway, you should do it before activating seasons, one possible conflic less is always better ;-)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Oddbob

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by Oddbob »

OlavEmil wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 am New day, new attempt. However, I noticed the snow mask manual has been completely rewritten since last night.

I've been trying the new method on two different maps, but this time I am not able to open the map in the editor at all once I am done following the steps. The editor simply closes on loading. Is there any log for the editor?

There is one step in the manual I am having trouble with, which is the only thing I can think of that would cause the crash. When adding materials, it says to replace the WINDROW_SHADER_FILE_ID with the ID number of the windrowFoliageShader. I can't find any such file in any of the maps I have tried. I can also not find a single file that has the relative="true" command at the end.

The closest file I can find, which appears in both maps, is "windShader.xml". I have been using the file ID for this one. I have also tried adding the relative="true" command at the end manually.

Anyone here with any luck / skills?
Why do you mention it being rewritten? It looks like the same info as yesterday.
Oddbob

Re: Seasons - Testing snow ingame?

Post by Oddbob »

Guil wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:10 am You are probably better off going to slack and discussing it with RM.
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=150107&sid=6208e9 ... e1026492b1
What is slack?
gingeredscot73

Re: Seasons And Crop Fertilizing

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Depending what you plant. In the planner if the crop is above 1:00 then you will get a bonus fertilization layer even if you sow with a seeder that doesn't take fertilizer. If you fertilized twice that would be 66%. The other 34% is bonus for crop rotation and was most likely added when you sowed the wheat into the field. To understand the mechanics better I recommend watching Farmer Klein's how to videos for Seasons 19.

Successful forward planning and execution of your rotations will bring increased yields and reduce the need to fertilize. A yield effect of 120% of vanilla is possible by using the most beneficial rotations and crops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cut6VbvRnzY Introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Fht1vVsOk Finance and Time Management
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQk4EFX5pIo Crop Rotation and Grass Drying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyP_WKZ5bKc Animal Care
https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... /gameplay/

Hope you find the above links are useful to you or someone else. Happy farming!!