Are linear-move irrigation systems possible?

theMavric

Are linear-move irrigation systems possible?

Post by theMavric »

I'm assuming since drought really wasn't an issue until Seasons, there probably isn't a mod like this floating around out there somewhere. My curiosity really stems around if something like this is even possible with the current engine? You find these type of drip systems all around the South where droughts are common, especially in the warmer seasons where we can sometimes go a month or two before getting a decent rainfall.

I think it would be a really cool addition at some point.
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
TobiHH

Re: Are linear-move irrigation systems possible?

Post by TobiHH »

There is an irrigation system in the Mod Contest, but it was mentioned in the forum that it`s not easy to implement it in seasons in the actual game.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=135568

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=150082&p=1164335& ... n#p1163982
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Pineapple Bay (Contest mod map) has rotary versions for applying liquid fertiliser and possibly herbicide (haven't played the map long enough to find out). Therefore I think it's entirely feasible for use as a means of applying fertiliser at least.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Centre pivot irrigation systems, we have them everywhere in New South Wales, Australia. It would be great to see irrigation play a part in FS, I doubt we will see it in 19, I'm sure someone from RM already said they tried but couldn't implement irrigation with seasons ATM. Mod spoken of uses water I believe but only has effect of fertilization
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Those were a mod in both 15 and 17. And soil mod in 15 added water to all sprayers along with moisture lvl to the ground and crop yield.

So it is 100% possible...
PC gamer.