Tops 3 mods and Top map.

JohnDeere77

Re: Tops 3 mods and Top map.

Post by JohnDeere77 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:21 pm

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:10 pm
It seems the map Midwest Horizon is popular, is that because it’s a new map or genuinely a good map. Not heard of it until this thread, guess I will check it out on YT.
Its a 4x large map, based in US. I prefer wide roads, and forrestry is only a small part of my farming. Both small and huge fields, kinda flat. Will start a new save when its Seasons ready, and probably play on it until FS21(?) is out with Seasons🤠🤠. I love to build the farm bit by bit, field by field.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding

FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:26 pm

JohnDeere77 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:21 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote:
It seems the map Midwest Horizon is popular, is that because it’s a new map or genuinely a good map. Not heard of it until this thread, guess I will check it out on YT.
Its a 4x large map, based in US. I prefer wide roads, and forrestry is only a small part of my farming. Both small and huge fields, kinda flat. Will start a new save when its Seasons ready, and probably play on it until FS21(?) is out with Seasons🤠🤠. I love to build the farm bit by bit, field by field.
Just had a look at FK’s video on it, the thing is massive! Looks like a good MP map but too big for lil ole me!

JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:45 pm

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Just had a look at FK’s video on it, the thing is massive! Looks like a good MP map but too big for lil ole me!
To big to own everything. But I dont like the idea of starting up a truck and a semi-trailer just to drive 500meters

magic1085

Post by magic1085 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:58 pm

Saxonia - I personally love big production maps, the more factories the better in my opinion. In the meantime just doing a lot of work to stockpile resources for when the GlobalCompany script is released

Seasons
Follow Me
Courseplay
*GlobalCompany - Would be in my top 3 but with it not being released yet, can't really include it on here. The Old FabrikScript made my world go around in previous games.

1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:15 pm

New Woodshire

Seasons
Manual attach
Real engine braking effect

j_maybury

Post by j_maybury » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:30 pm

My favorites are
MAP Greenwich Valley

1 Courseplay
2 Follow Me
3 Place Anywhere

GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:32 pm

County Line (Best American map I’ve ever played)

Seasons
Any mod by Stevie - allows me to play more of the game with the limited time I have anymore
PS4 & PC Video Game Farmer

bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:07 pm

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Pros of Midwest Horizon:
  • 4x map
  • Large and small fields with the ability adjust fields to the players liking
  • There are few objects (fences, hedgerows, built in place objects) to get in the way
  • Why I like over Farms of Madison County: far less static animals and buildings
  • Why I like over County Line: more field size variety and less objects in the way
  • Why I like over the detailed European maps: you can build your farm and the roads aren't tight
  • It has some roll to the fields so it isn't completely flat.
  • Field pricing is reasonable
Cons of Midwest Horizon:
  • There is water in some of the fields, meaning you're going to have to raise the terrain to get over those features or use it for other purposes
  • There are drain tile pylons that get in the way and can't be removed, this is a minor issue
  • Trees aren't pine trees, so they are much harder to log and generate a ton of wood chips. If you want to do forestry, I'd recommend planting trees and coming back to them later.
  • There is no town and all the sell points are at the corners, so you need to drive a fair bit at times.

juf.de

Post by juf.de » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Either Midwest Horizon or New Woodshire

Courseplay
VehicleControlAddon
Autoloadpack
Anleitung für log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)
Tutorial for log.txt, Giants Imagehoster, Console commands (PC)
Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
PN nur für persönliche Unterhaltungen. | PM only for personal conversation.
Playing on PC

FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm

bossmanslim wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:07 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote:
Pros of Midwest Horizon:
  • 4x map
  • Large and small fields with the ability adjust fields to the players liking
  • There are few objects (fences, hedgerows, built in place objects) to get in the way
  • Why I like over Farms of Madison County: far less static animals and buildings
  • Why I like over County Line: more field size variety and less objects in the way
  • Why I like over the detailed European maps: you can build your farm and the roads aren't tight
  • It has some roll to the fields so it isn't completely flat.
  • Field pricing is reasonable
Cons of Midwest Horizon:
  • There is water in some of the fields, meaning you're going to have to raise the terrain to get over those features or use it for other purposes
  • There are drain tile pylons that get in the way and can't be removed, this is a minor issue
  • Trees aren't pine trees, so they are much harder to log and generate a ton of wood chips. If you want to do forestry, I'd recommend planting trees and coming back to them later.
  • There is no town and all the sell points are at the corners, so you need to drive a fair bit at times.
Cheers for the info BossMan...Will be taking a look *thumbsup*

theMavric

Post by theMavric » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:34 pm

Midwest Horizon was also one of the only American 4x maps that didn't have performance issues that irked other 4x maps that were converted from fs17. So a lot of it's popularity stemmed from it being the only option for a lot of people looking for a map of that size and style.

Mine used to be Midwest Horizon, but since KS Mapping has fixed County Line, it has quickly became my favorite.

As far as the 3 mods I can't live without:

- Courseplay
- Place Anywhere
- Store Deliveries
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost

JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:02 pm

theMavric wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:34 pm
Midwest Horizon was also one of the only American 4x maps that didn't have performance issues that irked other 4x maps that were converted from fs17. So a lot of it's popularity stemmed from it being the only option for a lot of people looking for a map of that size and style.

Mine used to be Midwest Horizon, but since KS Mapping has fixed County Line, it has quickly became my favorite.

As far as the 3 mods I can't live without:

- Courseplay
- Place Anywhere
- Store Deliveries
And what are the pro and cons for County Line? Considering switching if MH isnt season ready until the weekend

Joepipefitter

Post by Joepipefitter » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:28 pm

GrimGandalf wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:32 pm
County Line (Best American map I’ve ever played)

Seasons
Any mod by Stevie - allows me to play more of the game with the limited time I have anymore
Have to agree, County line is awesome. Seasons, extended driving, customs 9rx

bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:35 pm

JohnDeere77 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:02 pm
And what are the pro and cons for County Line? Considering switching if MH isnt season ready until the weekend
Off the top of my head:
Pros
  • 4x
  • Seasons ready
  • Big fields
  • Sell points are more centrally located
  • More "natural" look in the way it is setup for those who want more town elements
  • Probably more suited for a New Farmer start over a Farm Manager start
  • Has an actual town
Cons
  • Fields are irregularly shaped, so helper is harder to use
  • Roads and towns chop up map, so field size can be limited if you want huge fields
  • More structures and fencing in the way that can't be removed if you want deviate from the suggested farm locations
  • If you want to use pre-made animal pens, they are arranged far apart
County Line is a good map, for me it boils down to how many pre-placed structures and fencing the player wants to deal with. I want those items to be as minimal as possible, so I prefer Midwest Horizon over County Line, but I can see why people would see them differently.

GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 pm

^^^^
I agree with the cons on the fences - they can be a little annoying, but the fields are huge already. You shouldn’t need to consolidate much.

Does the computer version treat workers a little differently than on console? I’ve only been playing 19 on the computer for a little while now and I’ve noticed, at least on county line, that they will work irregular angles. Basically whatever degree I start them on they’ll continue it. I know console is every 45 degrees. Also another positive with the fields being huge is the contracts are huge.
PS4 & PC Video Game Farmer