Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Lucass

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Lucass »

reallogger wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 am
Lucass wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 pm I also had the situation that after plowing the GRASS field in the "growing" phase, which had 2nd fertilized layer, after plowing it had the third layer of fertilization - is this normal? (I haven't done anything with this field before, Seasons started on a new save)
We don't touch the plough. Perhaps this was a plough that can add fertilizer (functionality exists in game, but not sure whether any ingame ploughs or cultivators does this. Used a mod?)
No, this was in-game plow, AgroMasz POH 5.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Doesn’t plowing in any growing crop add a fertiliser stage? I thought that was normal in the game without seasons anyway.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

StoneC0ld wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 am Looking at the manual on creating the seasons mask, and see the reference on sizing the grle file for 2048x2048. Is that for a standard-size map? Do I need to double that to 4096x4096 for a 4x map?
Correct
jhall181 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 am So is seasons on console yet?
No
rtwelker20 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am Does anyone know if there is any attention of there being snow plowing contracts with the new seasons mod? Not sure the feasibility of this, but I think it would be cool.
Would be cool indeed.
Greymantle1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 am I find jobs not even worth doing anymore did Seasons do something to nerf payouts like in 17?
Aside from increasing payout for baling missions payouts should be equal to base game.
Lucass wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:30 am
As @Greymantle1 states maybe this is base game mechanics.
H4nnib4l22

Post by H4nnib4l22 »

reallogger wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 am
H4nnib4l22 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm [...] Could the distinction of cultivator and disc harrow in the game be even more valid? [...]
Have been discussed earlier, but not likely
This is a pity, because of the side Giants was already prepared. It's a pity that they themselves did not subdivide because cultivating is significantly different than slicing
:hi:
Peace
H4nnib4ll22

LPG Ostwall sucht Verstärkung // Infos gibt es HIER

"When nothing goes right, go left !"
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Well Giants did nothing more than separating them in the shop. Making some sensible game mechanics is a whole different ballpark. Did some differentiation in the FS17 Soil Compaction mod on this. There you could also select how deep you were running a tine cultivator.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

reallogger wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:57 am
rtwelker20 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am Does anyone know if there is any attention of there being snow plowing contracts with the new seasons mod? Not sure the feasibility of this, but I think it would be cool.
Would be cool indeed.
But lime-spreading missions are more likely :zunge:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've just started combining with Seasons 19 on Lipinki with default GEO, enjoying the seeing the random weeds under the crop and I wondered if there could be automatic weeds on the bare patches from failed germination or die back? In my part of the world, East Anglia UK, the weeds take over any bare ground unless sprayed off.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
GolloG

Post by GolloG »

please increase the time where grass change to hay.

we play 3 days settings in seasons and if I mow a field and then drive the machine back to the yard and then collect the swaths are there already heap hay in between.

the problem is as follows:

the collector then recognizes grass, hay, grass ..... and thus always deletes the contents of the loading wagon since the giants system fixes the fruit only from 10% onwards.

our settings:
3 days seasons
realtime timescale

Thank you very much
LS PC:
09 Gold
11, LS 11 Platin
13 CE, Titanium, Ursus
15 CE, ITRunner DLC, LS 15 GOLD
LS 17 CE
LS 19 CE
LS 22 SP1
-----------------
PC: AMD Ryzen 7 3800 mit bequiet Dark Rock pro 4, 16GB DDR4 @3200, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SuperSC ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5, Samsung EVO 870 SSD 1Tb, be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 (650 Watt), 3x BenQ G2760 27", Logitech G27 und 2x Thrustmaster T.16000M
Bcousins10626

Post by Bcousins10626 »

I'm confused if this is a bug or not. I plowed up 4 grass fields on Oakfield farm with an ingame plow. Following plowing, I gained a fertilizer state. Then I planted with an in game planter (no fertilizer) and gained another fertilizer state. Bug or meant to be? Noted that the fields were fallow for the last 2 years. Does that mean I get an automatic 2 fert states after working the fields? Help
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

When plowing in a non-harvested crop you gain fertilizer: that's a basegame mechanic.

The other fertilizer state is due to planting of a crop that is advantageous to the soil (crop rotation feature)
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

GolloG wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:17 pm please increase the time where grass change to hay.
Mow when the grass is relatively wet and drying conditions are poor. I'd have thought the grass must have been very dry when you mowed it if by the time you drove to the farm and back in real time it turned to hay? I did have this happen but I generally play on 15x with seasons.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Did you update to 1.0.1? We added a drying delay.
BreadedVirus

Crop rotation

Post by BreadedVirus »

Is there an in depth guide to the crop rotation?

I have just started planting and no clue how to use the rotation of the crops

Example

I have just planted wheat in field 1 on Oakfield and the previous state was fallow. How do i go forward with the rotation from there?

the big print giveth the small print taketh
Phigo

Re: Crop rotation

Post by Phigo »

Why don't you just try it? This is a planner with no actual affect on your fields. There will be a percantage shown with every Change you make and if it is higher, it is better...
PS4 und PC
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

hi RM,

i would have a question to issue #300 (closed)

the problem lex described there is the same i still have with 1.0.1 and in my second year.

-i started my game (old steam farm) before seasons came out. you recommended a fresh start but i was hoping in my second year it might be fine with the different growing stages.
-the map is not prepared for seasons yet (not sure if this makes a difference)
- when i enabled seasons everything went to the harvested state -> ok

my second map is oakfield:
since oakfield is fully prepared i'll wait until the last stage (before harvesting) will be visible.

do i need to start over?