Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

JohnDeere77

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Makes sheep more profitable than I taught they were. Not much wool thou, wich Im not sorry for☺️
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Guil

Post by Guil »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:26 pm I think two threads have been combined that really shouldn't have been
OlavEmil wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:51 am

The mods seem to be merging any thread even remotely related to seasons into this thread, making it a nightmare to follow.

If seasons is important enough that they need to take such measures to keep it from flooding the forum, perhaps it's time to open a designated Seasons section. Cramming anything seasons related into one mega thread like this is certainly not the way to go.
We done the same for seasons with FS17, if everyone posted in here re: seasons instead of making a thread to ask a question things would go swimmingly. That said though I take your point on the maps thread so I'll split them now.
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=151281
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I have no idea how weeds work. No matte when I spray, only portions of the field will accept spray. It acts like herbicide is good for years.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I suppose just try it and see, trial and error, just backup before you go moving files.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Anyone else having an issue with some of the ModHub Mods, specifically placeables like the Wind Turbines and Windmill Mods, when using Seasons? With Seasons installed and activated on a game, when you place these objects they just sit completely static and don't move on any map. Deactivate and remove Seasons, load back into game and now the Turbines and Windmills spin correctly as they should.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:14 pm Anyone else having an issue with some of the ModHub Mods, specifically placeables like the Wind Turbines and Windmill Mods, when using Seasons? With Seasons installed and activated on a game, when you place these objects they just sit completely static and don't move on any map. Deactivate and remove Seasons, load back into game and now the Turbines and Windmills spin correctly as they should.
What's the wind like? If I recall, seasons changes the turbines to where they rely on wind a bit and if it's too windy then they won't spin.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Didn't check that but noticed it's odd, because Windmills, Turbines placed in the maps by the map authors spin correctly with or without Seasons Installed. So if my placeable wind turbines and windmills don't spin, cause of wind issues, surely that'd apply to all the decorative ones on a map too?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

That is probably cause the map author did not use the standard game script for the wind turbines.

Below 3 m/s and above 25 m/s the turbine is stationary.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I have some questions for crop rotation.
Lets say i bought field which had potatoes planted, but i want my rotation to be wheat-soybeans-canola for maximum yield.
Will potatoes affect my yield only for the next 2 years (wheat and soybeans) and after that i will regain my maximum yield ?
So basically rotation will be potatoes (already planted in bought field, but i dont want potatoes) - wheat - soybeans - canola - wheat - soybeans - canola - wheat - soybeans - canola and just repeat.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

bojanh66 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:50 pm I have some questions for crop rotation.
Lets say i bought field which had potatoes planted, but i want my rotation to be wheat-soybeans-canola for maximum yield.
Will potatoes affect my yield only for the next 2 years (wheat and soybeans) and after that i will regain my maximum yield ?
So basically rotation will be potatoes (already planted in bought field, but i dont want potatoes) - wheat - soybeans - canola - wheat - soybeans - canola - wheat - soybeans - canola and just repeat.
As far as I understand, yes. Only the previous 2 crops are affecting your yield, so after the first 2 crops you want to put in, the bonus is in full effect
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Oh yes, its the previous 2 crops, not next 2 crops as i said, my mistake.
Thats very nice to hear, so basically we can ignore what is planted in the field we bought and we can continue our favorite crop rotation for maximum yield.
Thnx.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Yes and if You leave field, without harvesting in full year. On the next year its gonna be fallow. When You skip field for 2 years (2 x fallow) u can get max yield for soybeans . It's just one perfect rotation I've found for soybeans
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yes, but i do not see a point leaving a field fallow for year or two for slight yield bonus.
IMO, leaving a field fallow for 1 or 2 years is waste of time just to get 1.20 bonus for soybeans or some other crop, i will rather sow/plant something and make some money on other crops, like wheat 1.20 - canola 1.20 - soybeans 0.95, their total yield bonus is 1.20 + 1.20 + 0.95 = 3.35 than fallow (0) + fallow (0) + soybeans 1.20 = 1.20.
I may be wrong, but that's how i would do, i am satisfied with 0.95 yield on soybeans, because i will make 1.20 yield on other crops like cereals and oilseed.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Well ya, three .95 yields is more crop than one 1.20 yield.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

The differences in income per hectare are minimal for all crops. At a high dif lvl it's about 10K $. Sugar Beets - 20K, potatoes 22k, cotton 14k, If I remember correctly, it's around 40K for sugar cane