Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

cwattyeso

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by cwattyeso »

For a long time I was thinking the crop failure was due to me planting when the temperature was borderline or sometimes planting the crop a day too early. So I began leaving my seeding right until the last possible day of spring, to ensure the temperature was always going to be more then high enough for every crop. I planted some fields with Wheat which on my map with Geo has a minimum temperature of 5 degrees, and had lots of the patchy crop failure, almost straight away after planting. I couldn't understand it, so reloaded the save game and used the hand-tool on the field and that's when I noticed the Moisture thing. Planted the fields again and noticed straight away lots of patchy crop failure appeared whilst the fields were still the yellow planted stage and hadn't even switched to the first green growing stage.

I've now for a test made an edit to my Geo, so that all seed has high resistance to drought, so next spring when I seed I'll see if I have less failure.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
gnillo

Post by gnillo »

I am getting the error message:
Seasons Error: The weather in this savegame is invalid. A full rebuild is done to prevent freezes and crashes.

This is on the latest beta build (35). Oakfield Farm. Cant find any mod that I use, that could cause this. Even deactivated the geo mode (Herfordshire) but still getting the error (saved and restarted map several times). Any ideas?
Had some problems at the beginning that were solved after I deavtivated the read dirt color mod.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Do you need to start a new save with the dev versions?

I wanted to try it on an existing save on Greenwich Valley started with Seasons from ModHub, but on starting the game, Seasons no longer appeared as a selectable mod.

It still showed as installed on the mod hub page within the game and offered an update which I was expecting as the hash values will differ.

Am I doing something wrong? Any pointers greatly received.

I have since put the mod hub version back in so as not to knacker the save.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Guessing the current dev version update will be released when ready for console? Did try to work out how to get dev version and install it but failed. Will wait for official release.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Frag wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:04 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:47 pm
girlie100 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:16 pm I am running build 33 and on 3 different maps I have had zero patchy crop failure?

Perfect germination,growing and harvest.

I was originally running the Modhub version, updated to 30 then updated to 33. Don't know if this is because I updated during a save but it's happened on a brand new game only ever running 33?
I'm running Build 34 and definitely still getting a lot of Patchy Crop Failure across three different maps running three different Geos. I have noticed since switching from Build 33 to Build 34 I now get more Germination Failed Patches in spring, and am wondering if this is because of soil moisture levels. Seed apparently in the seasons menu does not have good resistant to drought conditions. Seasons Help says that below 12% Moisture is considered a drought. Yet I'm finding many times in Spring when I'm coming to seed my fields after winter, where I've had rain and snow etc and temperatures have been in the minus for the whole period, that my fields only have 8% moisture when I check them with the hand tool. So in my understand I'm planting seed in Spring, but the game believes the fields are in a drought and the seed fails to germinate.

I could understand there being issues with Soil Moisture in Summer and Autumn when Air Temperatures are reaching 30 degrees Celsius and the Grand Temperatures are in the 20s, but I can't see how there would be moisture problems in spring. Especially after a cold, wet and snowy winter.
I also noticed tons "harvested" patch right after seeding. Always wondered why since I usually seed when rain are in the forecast. I think that seed should not die right away if the soil is dry, but rather will die with the accumulation of few days of dry soil.

All to say that I did not find a way to avoid those early "harvested patch" yet. It would be nice if Rahkiin would give us the big lines of how it is implemented.
I'm getting seemingly random "harvested" patches too. I had assumed it was due to playing on a map that isn't officially seasons ready?
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I'm not sure but I think using radish decrements the plow/lime counter.
Not sure if this happens in the base game either.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

gnillo wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:30 pm I am getting the error message:
Seasons Error: The weather in this savegame is invalid. A full rebuild is done to prevent freezes and crashes.

This is on the latest beta build (35). Oakfield Farm. Cant find any mod that I use, that could cause this. Even deactivated the geo mode (Herfordshire) but still getting the error (saved and restarted map several times). Any ideas?
Had some problems at the beginning that were solved after I deavtivated the read dirt color mod.
We have a bug where the weather becomes invalid during gameplay. When we load such savegame, the weather does not work and it would freeze. So we rebuild the weather when we detect that. Please let me know if your savegame worked with 1.0.1 still
gnillo

Post by gnillo »

Yes, tested it yesterday evening briefly.
1.0.1 loaded up fine and even had the weather forecast that the build 35 created. But I only spend 3 or 4 minutes in the game (did no save).

Delete 1.0.1 and copied the beta build into the mod folder and loaded up and got again a new weather forecast/rebuild plus error message.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Please send me the savegame
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I have since got build 35 up and running, love the new animal screen.

Have a query about crop moisture, has the threshold changed? I slept through a night, no rain forecast, next morning see the crop moisture warning at the top of the screen. This is fine as nothing is remotely ready to be harvested at the moment and assume it was due to moisture / mist in the morning. Used the measurement tool and the crop moisture was at 70%. This has since gone down to 68% and the warning icon at the top has now gone. 68% still seems way high to harvest, wasn't the cap 25% or less?

There was mention to moisture affecting yield, has this been implemented?
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Frag

Post by Frag »

Again, I am not sure if it would be part of the base game or season but here it is.

There is commonly "Great Demand" at stores that will offer 0$ for hay, grass and straw. I wonder if those 0$ Great Demand could be removed to avoid noise. Also, I wonder why the price of bales are not listed in the price window. I noticed that the price of bales varies as well, so having an idea of the price would be nice (in the season economy window as well).
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Ok, now crops are nearing 100% growth, the crop moisture has dropped a lot, now around 20%. This makes sense as at earlier stages of growth it would have higher moisture levels. As it browns and dries out it nears harvest.

Loving it!!

Keep up the excellent work.

Current FS19 Maps:
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

Not sure if this would be the right place to ask this, or if I should start a new topic, but I have a question about the Seasons mod.

Reading about it, it seems to permeate nearly the entire aspect of the farming experience. I'm still a new(ish) player and am quite happy with the original play-style. However, I wouldn't mind a couple aspects I've read of Seasons. So, I'm wondering, are the different aspects of the Seasons mod separated, or is it an all-or-nothing experience? For instance, I like the idea of the trees changing colour, but I'm not particularly looking to get so deep into it that I'm worrying about ground moisture. Are all of these effects selectable so you can pick what you want to have in effect and turn off what you don't want, or is it a 'Here I am in all my glory' addition to the game? :biggrin2:
BigAl Farming

Post by BigAl Farming »

Its pretty much 'all or nothing', although i think you can turn crop moisture on/off (and snow on/off) in the in-game settings menu
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

CombineBert wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:52 pm I have since got build 35 up and running, love the new animal screen.

Have a query about crop moisture, has the threshold changed? I slept through a night, no rain forecast, next morning see the crop moisture warning at the top of the screen. This is fine as nothing is remotely ready to be harvested at the moment and assume it was due to moisture / mist in the morning. Used the measurement tool and the crop moisture was at 70%. This has since gone down to 68% and the warning icon at the top has now gone. 68% still seems way high to harvest, wasn't the cap 25% or less?

There was mention to moisture affecting yield, has this been implemented?
In real life, these are the moistures for living plants.
We always showed the moisture as it is was dead (cut on the ground). For living plants we now show a value that is 50%point higher to match real life.