Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

REDSTER-85

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by REDSTER-85 »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:42 am
REDSTER-85 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:23 am Hello, my questions is for a player on ps4. Player planted in a field and standing on 1 end you can see planted texture, but in distance outside of rendering circle it's a blurry green. Why the green and not brown? Is it supposed to be like that?
The blurry colour seems to depend on the underlying texture that the map maker applied -- many modders with use ROUGHDIRT for fields and this shows brown but if it is left as GRASS then it's green ... my observations anyway.
Thanks for response, map is greenwich, and seasons apparently is changing it, Brown without seasons, green with seasons.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:05 pm
REDSTER-85 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:23 am Hello, my questions is for a player on ps4. Player planted in a field and standing on 1 end you can see planted texture, but in distance outside of rendering circle it's a blurry green. Why the green and not brown? Is it supposed to be like that?
The blurry colour seems to depend on the underlying texture that the map maker applied -- many modders with use ROUGHDIRT for fields and this shows brown but if it is left as GRASS then it's green ... my observations anyway.
Thanks for response, map is greenwich, and seasons apparently is changing it, Brown without seasons, green with seasons.
Which field(s) are you seeing this on? ... I've got Greenwich unpacked a the moment so I can have a close look.
Last edited by blue_painted on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:28 pm
REDSTER-85 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Which field(s) are you seeing this on? ... I've got Greenwich unpacked at eh moment so I can have a close look.
Field 33, standing on left/west corner, 1 planted pass, green patch to right of electrical post.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I was wrong.

Here's the field.

I deleted the foliage detail off the top (and some of the wheat stubble) and it shows that GreenBale has got GRASS terrain detail texture under there. BUT on PC I see a brown blurry outside the render circle, regardless of whether I have Seasons active or not. Maybe it's a platform specific effect?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

this is probably related: https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... _258712059
seems to be an issue with modmaps that only shows with Seasons, for some reason
WiryMatteo1994

Post by WiryMatteo1994 »

Hello, I have some questions about animals with seasons mod:
1) I read that dairy males have no use as artificial insemination is carried out, so the best thing is to sell them when they come to weigh about 1200-1400lbs, right?
2) I have a chicken coop for egg production, I bought then White Leghorn, some males are born, what do I do? Do I sell them? I guess they don't produce eggs... for the reproduction I already have some roosters.
3) The sheep have given birth to many males, should I keep some for reproduction? If yes, which is the males/females ratio? Do males produce wool? Or is it better to sell them as lambs?

Thanks in advance.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

With regards for sheep, males and females would both produce wool. Wool is their coat. It is grown like hair.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

Thank you blue_painted and Rahkiin.
Long live plug n play.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

WiryMatteo1994 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:10 pm Hello, I have some questions about animals with seasons mod:
1) I read that dairy males have no use as artificial insemination is carried out, so the best thing is to sell them when they come to weigh about 1200-1400lbs, right?
2) I have a chicken coop for egg production, I bought then White Leghorn, some males are born, what do I do? Do I sell them? I guess they don't produce eggs... for the reproduction I already have some roosters.
3) The sheep have given birth to many males, should I keep some for reproduction? If yes, which is the males/females ratio? Do males produce wool? Or is it better to sell them as lambs?

Thanks in advance.
You can sell the male chicken for meat, yes

Edit: you should actually be able to use real farming information for this. So if you google on what real farms do, it probably applies to Seasons19 too.
Frag

Post by Frag »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:50 am
reallogger wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm
Frag wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:40 pm I would personally make it 5 years. It would still be a long term investment without making it feel like a cheat."
It actually takes 5 years with Seasons now :)
How do I know that a three is fully grown?

Cant get my Wopster-tool to work on this one :-)
I have to say that it is an amazing idea. Would be AWESOME to see the tree growth percentage with the tool, like it is for any crop ...13%, 33%,67% ....

You should consider this if the code load is not too heavy on that one. Many people asked about tree growth stage in the forum.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

You actually can...
https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ring#trees

Measurements
The MT 9 can measure a number of things that were not available to the farmer before.

Trees
Both planted and ‘static’ trees (placeable trees are trees placed by the map maker) can be measured by the measurement tool. It might have difficulty with those ‘static’ trees though, as not much information is available.

For static trees, the device gives just the type of tree. For planted trees it also gives the nearest distance to the next tree and the growth percentage. When the growth of the tree is blocked by a tree nearby, the distance will be shown in red. This can be useful when thinning your forest.

An icon depicting a half-filled can
Contents
The type of tree. Not all treetypes are known.

An icon depicting a tree with an upwards arroe
Tree height / maturity
The height of the tree as percentage of its possible height. If it can't be determined it will assume the tree has grown fully.

An icon depicting depicting two trees with a horizontal line between
Tree distance
Distance between the scanned tree and its nearest tree. If no tree is near, it shows the maximum measurable distance of 9.6m. The distance determines how high a tree can grow.
Frag

Post by Frag »

TobiHH wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:35 pm You actually can...
https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ring#trees

Measurements
The MT 9 can measure a number of things that were not available to the farmer before.

Trees
Both planted and ‘static’ trees (placeable trees are trees placed by the map maker) can be measured by the measurement tool. It might have difficulty with those ‘static’ trees though, as not much information is available.

For static trees, the device gives just the type of tree. For planted trees it also gives the nearest distance to the next tree and the growth percentage. When the growth of the tree is blocked by a tree nearby, the distance will be shown in red. This can be useful when thinning your forest.

An icon depicting a half-filled can
Contents
The type of tree. Not all treetypes are known.

An icon depicting a tree with an upwards arroe
Tree height / maturity
The height of the tree as percentage of its possible height. If it can't be determined it will assume the tree has grown fully.

An icon depicting depicting two trees with a horizontal line between
Tree distance
Distance between the scanned tree and its nearest tree. If no tree is near, it shows the maximum measurable distance of 9.6m. The distance determines how high a tree can grow.
Holy hell! Thanks Tobi, I really did not know that! You just made my day. I cannot believe I did not see this. God knows where I stamped in my brain that the tool was not working with planted trees.
WiryMatteo1994

Post by WiryMatteo1994 »

Rahkiin wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:28 am
WiryMatteo1994 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:10 pm Hello, I have some questions about animals with seasons mod:

Thanks in advance.
You can sell the male chicken for meat, yes

Edit: you should actually be able to use real farming information for this. So if you google on what real farms do, it probably applies to Seasons19 too.
Thanks for the reply, can I only ask you to confirm that I need to keep some rams for the sheep breeding? There is no artificial insemination for the sheep right?
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

So I posted about this in another thread, but got no reply, either because nobody else cares or maybe because I posted it in the wrong thread. So let me try one more time here.

Quote from Realismus:
Initially weeds are small and can be removed by a mechanical weeder, or by spraying, but they will mature when the soil temperature reaches around 12 degrees.
This is definitely not the case for me, as weeds mature way before the soil temp reaches 12 degrees. I am not using any custom geos. Have been trying to find a solution to this myself, but alas my very limited coding skills aren't up to the task. Would be good to hear if anyone else is having this problem or if anyone has maybe even found a solution. Thanks.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:11 pm So I posted about this in another thread, but got no reply, either because nobody else cares or maybe because I posted it in the wrong thread. So let me try one more time here.

Quote from Realismus:
Initially weeds are small and can be removed by a mechanical weeder, or by spraying, but they will mature when the soil temperature reaches around 12 degrees.
This is definitely not the case for me, as weeds mature way before the soil temp reaches 12 degrees. I am not using any custom geos. Have been trying to find a solution to this myself, but alas my very limited coding skills aren't up to the task. Would be good to hear if anyone else is having this problem or if anyone has maybe even found a solution. Thanks.
Isnt it 10 degrees?