Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

RODHA

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by RODHA »

Thank you both for your replies :hi:
PS5 / FS22
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Temperature is important in the sense that if you plant before the required temperature is met, and you later experience frost (there can be some cold days in springtime), crops will or may die.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I never ever experience that yet.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Aye, seeds can die if it gets too cold.
Frag

Post by Frag »

Hi guys,

I asked this question few days ago and did not get an answer ....

Trying again in case someone knows ...

"I read in this thread that to get full grown tree it takes 10 years. I know it does make a lot of sense from the reality perspective, but from the game perspective ...most people will never play 10 years on the same map. Some will, but I would say that is it not the majority. Therefore, maintaining a tree farm is not interesting for many.

Can we edit a file somewhere to set how many months it will take to grow a tree? I would personally make it 5 years. It would still be a long term investment without making it feel like a cheat."
Riondron

Post by Riondron »

I’m not certain if this was asked yet, but does oilseed radish affect plowing as it does in real life? Many farmers are now using oilseed radish in place of plowing because of the groundbreaking affect and deep taproot that the radish has. Also does turning off periodic plowing and lime in the settings have an adverse effect on the seasons mod relation to plant growth?
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

bojanh66 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 am I never ever experience that yet.
Neither have I, because I make sure it doesn't happen. I have read the Seasons manuals, though, where it says that it can happen. Now also confirmed by Rahkiin above.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Frag wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:40 pm I would personally make it 5 years. It would still be a long term investment without making it feel like a cheat."
It actually takes 5 years with Seasons now :)
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Riondron wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:48 pm I’m not certain if this was asked yet, but does oilseed radish affect plowing as it does in real life? Many farmers are now using oilseed radish in place of plowing because of the groundbreaking affect and deep taproot that the radish has. Also does turning off periodic plowing and lime in the settings have an adverse effect on the seasons mod relation to plant growth?
Seasons does not change the mechanics of radish. And no there are no adverse effects if you turn off plowing and lime.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

reallogger wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm
Frag wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:40 pm I would personally make it 5 years. It would still be a long term investment without making it feel like a cheat."
Awesome *thumbsup* I was hoping you guys would change that back. Five years feels like the perfect gamified sweet spot for tree growth in my opinion. Ten takes some serious doing. I have maps with 400 hours that have not broken ten years yet :smileynew:
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Hi,

I'm just wondering, since I haven't tried it yet in FS19, and all of my snow mask modifications in FS17 were not done with a game in progress....
If I were to modify the snow mask on a map (in particular, I want to mask out the railroad tracks on Nebraska Lands, and a few other tweaks and change to the mask), is there anything in particular that I would need to do with my savegame to make it effective for future snowfalls?
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

reallogger wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 pm
How do I know that a three is fully grown?

Cant get my Wopster-tool to work on this one :-)
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

StoneC0ld wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:17 am Hi,

I'm just wondering, since I haven't tried it yet in FS19, and all of my snow mask modifications in FS17 were not done with a game in progress....
If I were to modify the snow mask on a map (in particular, I want to mask out the railroad tracks on Nebraska Lands, and a few other tweaks and change to the mask), is there anything in particular that I would need to do with my savegame to make it effective for future snowfalls?
You can update the mask. Snow will melt and then it won't come back there
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

Hello, my questions is for a player on ps4. Player planted in a field and standing on 1 end you can see planted texture, but in distance outside of rendering circle it's a blurry green. Why the green and not brown? Is it supposed to be like that?
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:23 am Hello, my questions is for a player on ps4. Player planted in a field and standing on 1 end you can see planted texture, but in distance outside of rendering circle it's a blurry green. Why the green and not brown? Is it supposed to be like that?
The blurry colour seems to depend on the underlying texture that the map maker applied -- many modders with use ROUGHDIRT for fields and this shows brown but if it is left as GRASS then it's green ... my observations anyway.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads