Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Alagos

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Alagos »

TurboJ wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:53 pm -It seems most placeable building mods have not been updated for Seasons. For buildings such as sheds and storage barns I see that it's necessary to have full Seasons functionality so that rain and snow doesn't pour in where there is supposed to be shelter, but what about stuff like silos and decorative objects? Do they need to be Seasons-prepared somehow? As long as the map has a proper Seasons mask, shouldn't any building that has no "shelter" function work just fine with Seasons? And if not, what would the possible problems be?
To correct Juf's answer, sorry =), Every placeable is usable with seasons without it technically being 'Seasons ready'. Seasons will fall back on the area that's marked for ground leveling for any particular mod.
The main 'problem' with this is that most snow free and thus 'covered' area's dont match the actual building and are usually bigger than you'd expect.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Reporting back as promised.. The issue where I had no visible wear on vehicles/implements seemed to just be a working hours issue. Once my first tractor went to 15+ hours of usage the wear did become visible. I still haven't seen much wear on any implement, but then again the hours on them hardly warrant it in relation to the wear on tractors. So far looks to be working as intended, then.

One thing I've not been able to find an answer for. It's about baling and moisture. I made some hay but right when I was about to start baling it, rain came. Obviously the hay got wet, but what I don't know is how much do I need to let it dry before baling it. To be safe, I tedded the stuff once the rain stopped hoping it would dry faster. So what I would like to know is when baling is safe, i.e. not too moist for the hay bales to start rotting afterwards. I assume moisture is a thing here, as bales will rot also if they become wet after being baled...
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

They changed recently numbers of hours needed for wear...it was 50, now its 30 iirc.

https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... issues/482

about hay:
-dark green color = grass
-lighter green color = semi dry grass
-almost yellow color, similar to straw color = hay
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Thanks! So when the grass has turned to hay, it is safe to bale? Or does moisture still affect the longevity of the bales?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

It is safe 100%, moisture will only decide if the grass will be wet grass (dark green color) or semi dry grass (lighter green color), but its still grass when baled.
Over 20% moisture its wet grass, below 20% its semi dry grass.
Wet grass needs to be tedded, semi dry grass will dry on its own, need to have good wind and sunny days until it turns to yellowish color (similar to straw)
Frag

Post by Frag »

I read in this thread that to get full grown tree it takes 10 years. I know it does make a lot of sense from the reality perspective, but from the game perspective ...most people will never play 10 years on the same map. Some will, but I would say that is it not the majority. Therefore, maintaining a tree farm is not interesting for many.

Can we edit a file somewhere to set how many months it will take to grow a tree? I would personally make it 5 years. It would still be a long term investment without making it feel like a cheat.
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Cows' health is deteriorating, dropping every day. They're now at 72% and dropping. Only been on my farm a few days.

I make sure they have water at all times; clean the feeding area many times a day and feed them TMR and hay. I don't get why their health is going down like this. Vanilla pen, mod map. Any ideas? I think these creatures will eventually die unless I can fix the issue.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Do you have any other mod that changes animal behaviour?
Btw: You don`t need hay if they have TMR. They only eat the best available food.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:13 pm Do you have any other mod that changes animal behaviour?
Also the plant growth control mod can cause issues with animals and seasons.
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

No mods that should affect animals or plants in any way. And, meanwhile, my sheep and chickens are at 90% and going up. Just one night dropped the cows' health one more 1%. I know the feeding system; started with TMR and went to hay once it ran out. I would even like to allow the cows to graze as that option is available. But the health issue is puzzling.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

What map are you playing on?
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Fenton Forest 4X latest version.

FWIW someone somewhere mentioned that a specific part of a map could bug out the animal health system. I did create my farm yard on a grass field rather than one of the 'assigned' farm yard areas. But, chickens and sheep are doing fine on the same area. I am wondering if the 'place anywhere' mod could have screwed up the placement of the cow pen somehow. In any case, water and food is getting spent as it should, but the cows' health is dropping every day.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Maybe worth trying a fresh save with no mods apart from the map and seasons as an experiment to see what happens.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

I play the same map without any issues. I placed my farm in the bottom right corner.
Maybe you can post your log here. Perhaps somebody can find any problem in it.
643FHN57

Post by 643FHN57 »

When I go to my animal overview in the main menu it is suppose to show the total number of animals in each pen. (I have all the same breed so it is a simple number to keep track per pen) however with the seasons mod (I have tested the seasons mod by removing it and it fixes the problem) it has a huge list with each animal even if they are the same breed, and there is nowhere that it shows the total number of animals in the pen. You would have to count each one as you scroll down, which is nearly impossible with several hundred animals. This is happening on the cows, chickens, sheep, and pigs. I don't have horses, but I assume that it is the same there. it just makes it nearly impossible to see if your pens are full or not so I cant manage my animals properly. thanks for your time. Micah ( feel free to contact me if you need more info)