Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

TurboJ

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by TurboJ »

Trying to dig up a suitable crops.xml file... If that fails how about just deleting the file altogether? Looking at the Seasons manual, the custom fruits should then follow the standard growth pattern of barley. Would there be any problem with simply removing the custom file crops.xml?

edit. I just cross-referenced the crops.xml file with the official RM file and I can't see the difference between them.

reallogger, since you confirmed the file is bugged can you please let me know where the bug lies? I can't find it...

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just looking for a way to make this map work. Thanks.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Seasons 1.2 has been released for PC and console. It contains some fixes for crashes and some freezes. It also resolves some issues with mod maps.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

hello guys .. why don't the clouds cover the whole sky of the map? they just go over my head .. can anyone tell me what the problem is? Seasons or dinamic sky?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

JD92 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:41 pm hello guys .. why don't the clouds cover the whole sky of the map? they just go over my head .. can anyone tell me what the problem is? Seasons or dinamic sky?
It is a base game issue.
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

Hi.

It seems that the soil temperature is set at every 01:00 AM and fixed throughout the day. For example, if it is set to 5C at 01:00 AM, it remains at 5C until next 01:00 no matter what. In other words, soil temp changes only once per 24 hours, at 01:00. I'm not sure if it has always been like this since I didn't pay attention to this until recently. Is it by design?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

What map are you on? What geo are you using? Mine doesn't do that.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:52 pm What map are you on? What geo are you using? Mine doesn't do that.
So that's not normal. I'm playing Marwell Manor with Hampshire GEO. I tested on Ravenport with only Seasons & dashtime mod and got the same result. :confusednew:
Illinois Farmer

What is dashtime mod? I feel like I have seen ther ground temp go up throughout the day not just at 1 a.m.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

Dashtime is a fast-forward mod. I think I have to re-install the game. Thanks for your help!
Illinois Farmer

Seasons doesn't like when you fast forward a whole bunch. That dashtime mod might be the reason for you.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think that might be it. If you do still want a faster fast forward, the Easy Dev Mod allows for a faster time scale, but it sounds like Seasons doesn’t like super speed
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

Most players hate it when at 18°o°clock grass automatically turns into hay.
I know this is a time for when every grasstype turns one step higher (wetgrass to drygrass) but please could you disable that step from drygrass to hay? Its stupid, my first cut in the year is the silage cut, and even the temperatures and the wind (and the drying potencial) is not good at all it becomes hay.

It doesn"t look good even when drygrass can get hay without tedding once, that isn"t as in realife i think

But overall Seasons 19 looks better than in FS17
Looks great, now the More Realistic mod must come
Last edited by CudoYT on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:59 pm What is dashtime mod? I feel like I have seen ther ground temp go up throughout the day not just at 1 a.m.
I was also sure that I had seen changes in soil temperature during the day before, but last time this was up, Realismus confirmed that the soil temperature only changed once per day, at night (I thought it was midnight, but I always sleep through the night, so it may just as well be at 1am). Never seen temperature change throughout the day since then, so I guess I stood corrected...
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

You could add a option to enable the months names for all 4 seasons (winter in december, spring in april)
Would definitely be possible, i don"t know why it isn"t there and you are calling it (early, mid and late)
For realism it is a MUST
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
suniboy

Post by suniboy »

OlavEmil wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:29 am I was also sure that I had seen changes in soil temperature during the day before, but last time this was up, Realismus confirmed that the soil temperature only changed once per day, at night (I thought it was midnight, but I always sleep through the night, so it may just as well be at 1am). Never seen temperature change throughout the day since then, so I guess I stood corrected...
Thank you for the information. *thumbsup*