Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

juf.de

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by juf.de »

The lower is the important one for planting, it's the temperature of the soil.
The upper one is the air temperature and if i'm not mistaken it's important for haymaking
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The bit with temperatures that is confusing me somewhat, is when the ground temperature is for example 14°C, and the Crop Screen shows that for example Wheat needs the ground to be 8°C for planting. That when I plant the crop the following day large square patches appear on the field where Germination Failed. How is this possible when Temperatures were well above the crops minimum, and didn't drop or change, nor did any other weather effects like snow or rain. And why when Germination does Fail, is it always a perfectly square patch of ground, and why another day later it then changes to showing as being 'Harvested' in the growth screen of the main menu?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
rjiii88

Post by rjiii88 »

juf.de wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:38 pm The lower is the important one for planting, it's the temperature of the soil.
The upper one is the air temperature and if i'm not mistaken it's important for haymaking
Thanks for the info.
That means since AI planted at 39f their fields will be in bad shape. lol
I'll wait till the temp goes up, plant and see the difference.
Thanks again!
Playing on PC, just your everyday FS player.
FS17/19 PC - FS16/18 Droid
Have fun slingin' dirt y-all :wink2:
P.S. Thanks to all the MODDERS out there! *thumbsup*
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

kahfs wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm Hi, I searched this thread but didn't find the answer. Sorry if it has been discussed. I do a lot of testing of my mod up against Seasons and I frequently need to start all over. But I would like to preserve the map and the farmyard setup, and only reset Seasons to Day 1 in Spring. It is fine if the crops reset, as it is only the animal growth curves I want to test. What is the best approach to preserve the map but restart Seasons?
The only way I can think of is either having a save game that you don’t use auto save function, so turn it off in settings. Then when you exit, it will load back the last save
Or, make a zip file of your save-game at the point you want to go back to, and just unzip and overwrite the save when needed.
Or did I misunderstand your issue?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Don't really need to zip it. It's only a couple kB.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 pm [...]How is this possible when Temperatures were well above the crops minimum, and didn't drop or change, nor did any other weather effects like snow or rain.[...]
Low soil moisture?
Papa BullDust

Post by Papa BullDust »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 pm My request was to have the darker ground color when we spray herbicide.
Awesome @Miketeg , TYVM for the update and the re-assurance :)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:38 pm
kahfs wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm Hi, I searched this thread but didn't find the answer. Sorry if it has been discussed. I do a lot of testing of my mod up against Seasons and I frequently need to start all over. But I would like to preserve the map and the farmyard setup, and only reset Seasons to Day 1 in Spring. It is fine if the crops reset, as it is only the animal growth curves I want to test. What is the best approach to preserve the map but restart Seasons?
The only way I can think of is either having a save game that you don’t use auto save function, so turn it off in settings. Then when you exit, it will load back the last save
Or, make a zip file of your save-game at the point you want to go back to, and just unzip and overwrite the save when needed.
Or did I misunderstand your issue?
Thanks Doc3D. I'll try it out. I thought it might be sufficient to delete the seasons related files in the savegame folder.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:17 pm
kahfs wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm
My answer would be remove Seasons from your mod folder, open the savegame which now will start without Seasons, save it, exit. Reinstall Seasons in the mod folder and re-open the save game. It should then ask if you want to reset all fields for Seasons, which I think will put you where you want to be.

Did I understand your question correctly?
Thanks DirectCedar. Your suggestion is certainly easy to do. I was wandering if it would be enough to just delete seasons.xml from the savegame folder.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
marlowc

Post by marlowc »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 pm The bit with temperatures that is confusing me somewhat, is when the ground temperature is for example 14°C, and the Crop Screen shows that for example Wheat needs the ground to be 8°C for planting. That when I plant the crop the following day large square patches appear on the field where Germination Failed. How is this possible when Temperatures were well above the crops minimum, and didn't drop or change, nor did any other weather effects like snow or rain. And why when Germination does Fail, is it always a perfectly square patch of ground, and why another day later it then changes to showing as being 'Harvested' in the growth screen of the main menu?
Perhaps this from the design team may help to explain it :

We’ve made some changes in this regard in Seasons 19. Instead of killing entire fields of crops when they were planted at the wrong time, we’ve implemented a feature that I lovingly called patchy crop failure, or PCF for short. PCF, unsurprisingly, does exactly what it says on the tin: it causes patches of failed crops based on temperature and moisture. This helps to introduce an element of randomness into the crops’ growth patterns, since these conditions have annual variances. Every crop has been split into 3 states: seeded, young and mature and each of those states has different frost and drought resistances.
Throughout each day the current temperature and moisture levels are checked and if they exceeded the parameters, patches of your crop will be damaged randomly. PCF causes planted crops to become germination failed. Young plants become harvested and mature plants become withered. These transition states were chosen because they make the most sense visually.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

I have a question about Germany GEO mod. What is the sowing and harvesting period for canola IRL? With this GEO mod I must sow canola for the next year. That's the true from IRL? No spring operations?

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Maikello wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 pm I have a question about Germany GEO mod. What is the sowing and harvesting period for canola IRL? With this GEO mod I must sow canola for the next year. That's the true from IRL? No spring operations?

Google says this is legit.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

marlowc wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:13 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:43 pm The bit with temperatures that is confusing me somewhat, is when the ground temperature is for example 14°C, and the Crop Screen shows that for example Wheat needs the ground to be 8°C for planting. That when I plant the crop the following day large square patches appear on the field where Germination Failed. How is this possible when Temperatures were well above the crops minimum, and didn't drop or change, nor did any other weather effects like snow or rain. And why when Germination does Fail, is it always a perfectly square patch of ground, and why another day later it then changes to showing as being 'Harvested' in the growth screen of the main menu?
Perhaps this from the design team may help to explain it :

We’ve made some changes in this regard in Seasons 19. Instead of killing entire fields of crops when they were planted at the wrong time, we’ve implemented a feature that I lovingly called patchy crop failure, or PCF for short. PCF, unsurprisingly, does exactly what it says on the tin: it causes patches of failed crops based on temperature and moisture. This helps to introduce an element of randomness into the crops’ growth patterns, since these conditions have annual variances. Every crop has been split into 3 states: seeded, young and mature and each of those states has different frost and drought resistances.
Throughout each day the current temperature and moisture levels are checked and if they exceeded the parameters, patches of your crop will be damaged randomly. PCF causes planted crops to become germination failed. Young plants become harvested and mature plants become withered. These transition states were chosen because they make the most sense visually.
Okay so that explains that then. Now onto my next question. These Patchy Crop Failure patches, are they because of seasons always perfectly square areas on a field or is that something to do with the map? Currently playing on County Lines everytime we get these Germination Failed, Harvested or Withered patches they are always perfectly square in shape, just vary in size, which seems very unnatural and it seems to stand out like a sore thumb on this map because unlike most mod maps, the fields are not square or rectangular but actually very realistic and natural, so squares and straight sided things really jump out and look odd on this map.

Also when we have harvested our fields in the Autumn, these PCF areas don't seem to disappear from the fields, even after Ploughing, using a plough even with Create Fields Allowed. Now again is that a seasons bug or a map bug? The map author is constantly trying to say everything we find to be incorrect or an issue is a 'Seasons Bug' and not a fault with his work.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Maikello wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:23 pm I have a question about Germany GEO mod. What is the sowing and harvesting period for canola IRL? With this GEO mod I must sow canola for the next year. That's the true from IRL? No spring operations?

Where can we download the Germany GEO mod, as I'm in desperate need of that before I start my next let's play series on the Fenton Forest 4x map.