Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

JanCASH

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by JanCASH »

At which age do pigs give their first piglets?

I have a lot of Yorkshires who give new, young piglets now, but I don't know which Yorkshires they come from.
FJohannesson

Post by FJohannesson »

I play on Michigan Map With Season and i have planted my seed and its now in the growing state and There are weeds in the Fields ready to spray. But When i am spraying i Only Can spray over the weeds and not the Complete field.

The ground is Only getting darker just were the patches of weeds are, am i doing something wrong or is it the map or somwthing with season?
mpochylko

Post by mpochylko »

I wish if Seasons would decrease vehicle repair bar if we didnt park machines under the shed when it rains or snow.

I noticed last night, but on Welker with the custom modding 8rt, I had to repaint it which is an option now with the repair shack you can buy. I had 90+ days on it and 29 hours. The paint was really chipped so I touched it up. I just recently earned enough money to buy a shed.

PC/Seasons though. Not sure about console.

Edit don_apple: post moved to the correct thread, and subject line adapted accordingly.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

If you leave a silage bunker full of chaff which hasnt been fermented and it rains will it rot?
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

FJohannesson wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:16 pm I play on Michigan Map With Season and i have planted my seed and its now in the growing state and There are weeds in the Fields ready to spray. But When i am spraying i Only Can spray over the weeds and not the Complete field.

The ground is Only getting darker just were the patches of weeds are, am i doing something wrong or is it the map or somwthing with season?
Spraying weeds only kills the patches of weeds. The cost of herbicide verses the amount of weeds is not really that cost effective. Spend a lot of money on herbcide for a little patch of weeds which won't really impact your yeild that much. More likely drought or frost would have a larger impact than weeds. Preemptive spraying is possible as part of field preparation as a prevention, but that is just like turning on a tap and pouring your money down the drain.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Another thing that kind of bugs me about the Patchy Crop Failure with Seasons, not just how the textures persist until re-seeding, but is how buggy it already makes the in game workers.

They just are incapable of harvesting a field properly with Seasons in effect. Everytime they reach a patch on the field where the crop either failed to germinate, or appears harvested or withered, they stop harvesting, turn round and set off in the other direction. You then end up with fields with lots of strips where they haven't harvested.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Loss

Post by Loss »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 pm If you leave a silage bunker full of chaff which hasnt been fermented and it rains will it rot?
no
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:03 pm Another thing that kind of bugs me about the Patchy Crop Failure with Seasons, not just how the textures persist until re-seeding, but is how buggy it already makes the in game workers.

They just are incapable of harvesting a field properly with Seasons in effect. Everytime they reach a patch on the field where the crop either failed to germinate, or appears harvested or withered, they stop harvesting, turn round and set off in the other direction. You then end up with fields with lots of strips where they haven't harvested.
Why don`t you use Courseplay if helper behaviour is causing trouble for you?
Seems that you have a lot of issues with Seasons. Maybe that`s not the best mod fo you, but nobody is forced to use it.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Look at the picture he posted...he is on console, so he can use only ingame worker :/
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Can't use Courseplay in Multiplayer sadly TobiHH. I do in Single Player use Courseplay as an alternative to the in game workers, when I need to use a worker or workers to facilitate getting jobs done when time is pressing. Though sometimes it is easier just to hire a standard worker to do a job, rather then go through the process of generating a courseplay course, if the field is small or the field is fairly standard. However it would just be nice if somehow in Seasons Mod, it could be scripted or something so that the workers don't react to the failed portions of a field, and just keep driving and working the field correctly. I don't mind going round behind workers getting little bits they've missed on the edges of fields or in corners, we're all used to that. However having to go and do whole entire strips of fields is a bit much.

I don't have a lot of issues with Seasons, I'm just pointing out the Issues that exist currently in Seasons, that the devs need to still work on and fix before this mod is considered complete. That's the whole point of this thread to provide feedback from the people like me playing with the mod, and finding problems and stuff they may not have encountered or may have overlooked that need to be addressed. The bigger picture here is that while it's fine for us PC players at the moment to put up with these teething problems and I'm sure overtime the devs will fix a lot of these things and adjust things. The problem is for the Console Players when they get Seasons dropped on them, it's one and done for them, they won't get updates. So these problems we PC players are seeing and noticing and need fixing, need to be done before the Mod drops onto the Consoles or those players will be stuck with issues.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

bojanh66 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:30 pm Look at the picture he posted...he is on console, so he can use only ingame worker :/
Console and seasons, find the error... :mrgreen:
Frag

Post by Frag »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:03 pm Another thing that kind of bugs me about the Patchy Crop Failure with Seasons, not just how the textures persist until re-seeding, but is how buggy it already makes the in game workers.

A trick I have with workers is to do 3 stripes wide around the field by myself THAN stop and hire a worker. I noticed that when they do not have to deal with field edges and trees, they work WAY better. On very large field, doing those 3 stripes is a bit long, but its nothing compared to do the field entirely.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:23 pm

Why don`t you use Courseplay if helper behaviour is causing trouble for you?
Seems that you have a lot of issues with Seasons. Maybe that`s not the best mod fo you, but nobody is forced to use it.
Cwattyeso actually makes a lot of good points lately. Ones that have pointed me to bugs or missing features.

I am adding more leniency to withered and crop germination failure to helpers as we speak.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Rahkin thank you for that. I honestly wouldn't have probably found the default worker harvesting issue until I was in the situation last night on a server where we had two large fields with cotton that were on the final day of harvesting, and we didn't have enough players to harvest both fields. Myself and the only other human player on the server went to tackle the larger of the two fields, and I bought two more harvester and set workers off on the smaller of the field, thinking they'd do that fine. However they stopped everytime they hit a patch in the field and changed direction, resulting in many missed strips of the field by the time they finished.

Now in Single Player I might never have spotted this as tend to use Courseplay for havesting and chuck a couple of harvesters on a field in multi-tool mode and let them run up and down the field and around it, whilst I tend to just be the trailer operator and unloader. However I did think for our Console Players with no access to courseplay or anything alternative to the ingame workers they might get even more frustrated with the workers not able to work fields correctly.

I wasn't even sure this was something that you guys on Seasons could fix or adjust, as thought maybe the workers were more of a Giants Programming Issue. However it's great to hear you can influence this and make some adjustments to their sensitivity.

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Well I did a change, but it is possible this change broke the workers more than they were, so we have to test that first.