Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Karlox

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Karlox »

LoL, so much missinformation. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_rotation for IRL grass use in crop rotation. And using solid fertilizer for grass is common too.

As in Farming Simulator with Seasons mod, every time you cut grass its considered as one section in planner. So if you have grass in a field for 3 years, and cut it 2 times a year, you'd put grass 6 times into the ingame planner to simulate. Thanks Reallogger for answer in Slack.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Seasons 19 - A How to Guide - Using the MT 9 Handtool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wvx_C6o1Q&t=641s
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yup. Using solid fertiliser on grass is pretty common where I live in the south of the UK. Also grass is often used as part of crop rotation and is also encouraged to do so if a farmer wants to max their subsidy.

Finally, silage is mainly from grass, but a few farmers around my parts are starting to grow maize for that purpose too.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Karlox wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:05 pm LoL, so much missinformation. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_rotation for IRL grass use in crop rotation. And using solid fertilizer for grass is common too.

As in Farming Simulator with Seasons mod, every time you cut grass its considered as one section in planner. So if you have grass in a field for 3 years, and cut it 2 times a year, you'd put grass 6 times into the ingame planner to simulate. Thanks Reallogger for answer in Slack.
Nobody is perfect. People get it wrong all the time. As for the planner 1 cut = 1 slot in the planner. 3x2=6 so fill 6 slots down with grass to simulate. Doesnt take a math genius to count to 6. Sorry I didnt mean that. Good information as some people struggle understanding the planner. The question asked earlier was how to get yield bonus for grass. Clearly nobody has figure this out yet.
Last edited by gingeredscot73 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mc.crab

Re: Seasons mod

Post by mc.crab »

reallogger wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:45 pm
IseOlen wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:44 pm In FS 17 Seasons allowed to skip night until sunrise. I'm missing this in FS 19. Was this intentionally left out?
Yes since there now is a similar feature in the base game
The seasons manual says that you should not fast forward faster than 1200x on multiplayer, but the sleep option on the farmhouse fast forwards with 5000x. Is it safe to use it with seasons?
gingeredscot73

Re: Seasons mod

Post by gingeredscot73 »

mc.crab wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:54 pm
reallogger wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:45 pm
IseOlen wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:44 pm In FS 17 Seasons allowed to skip night until sunrise. I'm missing this in FS 19. Was this intentionally left out?
Yes since there now is a similar feature in the base game
The seasons manual says that you should not fast forward faster than 1200x on multiplayer, but the sleep option on the farmhouse fast forwards with 5000x. Is it safe to use it with seasons?
It clearly states in the manual 120x is recommended for multiplayer.

Do not fast forward faster than 6000x on singleplayer (preferable even slower)
Do not fast forward faster than 1200x on multiplayer (120x is even better)

x5000 should be fine for single player. Multiplayer 120x recommended. What you do is up to you. Entirely at your own risk of course as they have already advise you what is better.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Oh didn't read that part of the manual. I think I FF @more than 6000x in singleplayer.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
hun3

Right time to sell beef (Seasons)

Post by hun3 »

I was just wondering if anyone experimented when is the best time to sell beef cattle? As the Seasons manual says the animals needs increases in time so I'm just wondering when is that perfect age for the animals to sell for the most profit. I assume if they get too old you just spend more on feeding them but the value wont grow as fast?

PS: I love Seasons it really gives more to think about as far as planning your next move.

Edit don_apple: post moved from separate thread to the existing one where questions about seasons should be asked.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

using the sleeping game functionality is ok.

Using fast forward can be quite bad... it depends on how you use it... if you blast through multiple days without stopping, that is bad.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm Oh didn't read that part of the manual. I think I FF @more than 6000x in singleplayer.
In game is x5000 when you sleep. If its more than x6000 you must be on pc running a mod then?
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

theSeb wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 pm using the sleeping game functionality is ok.

Using fast forward can be quite bad... it depends on how you use it... if you blast through multiple days without stopping, that is bad.
Thanks theSeb
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:51 pm
Miketeg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:23 pm Oh didn't read that part of the manual. I think I FF @more than 6000x in singleplayer.
In game is x5000 when you sleep. If its more than x6000 you must be on pc running a mod then?
Exact. Will remove it to make sure I do not screw up my game.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

What would you recommend someone who focuses on crops and thus doesn’t have a much if anything to do in winter time and early spring and so spend much of the time fast forwarding on 120, what one is the ill effects and two what can I do to prevent them, I had much the same struggle with seasons in 17 on console but now I’m on pc, thanks for the mod by the way I’m back into farm sim now
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Fast forwarding on 120x is fine. You could be fertilising in spring or consider some cover crops over winter and then plant spring crops
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

I am guessing oilseed radish will not wither in the winter as its not a harvestable crop?