Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

bojanh66

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by bojanh66 »

Straw will probably increase their health by at least 20% or so...test it and inform me later, im really curious now :D
Guys do I have to plow all my grass fields when starting a new map and reseed them? Will not ploughing them affect yield.

Also can I spray liquid manure on grass and it gives me one level of fertilisation.
Yes,yes and yes.
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

After the first in-game day of testing the cow health with straw, health is up! It's only 1% now but this is the first time I've managed to actually increase the health. 1% in just ~10 hours or so looks very promising. That said, I also gave them TMR at the same time in order to quickly see if the best case scenario would be of help - and indeed it is.

Will report back after a few more days of testing.

I'm very happy that the issue is solved! So many hours put into this farm.. However, I would like to see an update on the Seasons manual where it now says not using straw only gives a 'slight' decrease in productivity. Failing that, it would be even more useful to see an actual table about how much each component of animal care affects their productivity. For now it seems trying to have cows produce slurry for fertilization purposes is not a smart thing to do. I guess I can always sell the manure to the Biogas Plant and buy fertilizer with that money. But being self-sufficient would be so nice.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Thats what i do...give them straw and TMR, they will produce lots of manure, buy BGA, sell manure at BGA, buy solid fertilizer and the job is done.
Btw, their health will increase 1% each day aproximately until it reaches ~98%.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Why dont u use the manure as fertilizer? Thats what I do. Buy a conveyorbelt and use it to fill your trailer.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

By putting manure and slurry into your bga and buying solid/liquid fertilizer you earn some money, if you put your manure into greenhouses you get even more money out of it.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I am already making so much money on Seasons with bulls and cows, that game is becoming boring and feels like cheating, even if i play on Hard difficulty...so i dont need another way to make money :D
Because its way faster to spread solid fertilizer with horsch spreader, working width 36m, speed 20km, its total weight is light so it doesnt require too strong tractor, 200-250hp is enough and doesnt require refill trips too often (or you could bring fertilizer pallets to the field on trailer with 2nd tractor/truck)
Manure spreader has working width 24m which is 50% less than solid fertilizer spreader, so thats means it will require 50% more time spent on the field + annoying refill trips = lots of time spent to do this.
Also it require really strong tractor to pull it at full speed, especially on hilly maps, speed will drops often to 10-15km, which is just additional time wasted.
Thats why i prefer to sell it and get some good money at BGA.

Slurry and Manure....more trouble that it's worth
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I had decided manure doesn't really compare with solid fertilizer but that changed with seasons. I like to get my fields sowed first, but I tend to run out of things to do so I actually don't mind spending a bit of time on a contract. I like to have two of the smaller spreaders working together, rather than one large one.
If I'm in a hurry or CBA'd then I'll use solid.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

That is something I find as well, also something strangely satisfying about slinging liquid and solid muck compared to solid fert.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Agree! And I like the realism in it. No one around where I live will buy neither liquid or solid manure
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Two quick questions: With Seasons, does crop yield change with different shades of 'ready for harvest' color? And, if my chicken pen is at the limit (no more chickens fit) will a rooster negatively affect egg production?

Thanks.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Not sure about the chickens but yield is the same
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

Thanks! What about this: herbicide is not working on my grass fields, but does work on other fields. Is this supposed to be the case?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

herbicide only works on fields with atleast one groth stage, didn't your field reach that stage yet?
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
TurboJ

Post by TurboJ »

It had one or two growth stages and yes, planted it myself.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Playing on PC