Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Greymantle1

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Greymantle1 »

How long does it take before Fallow comes into effect?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

A non-harvested field will be marked fallow the following spring, I think.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Fallow is registered at the turn of the year (for the mod in between late winter and early spring) and occurs if you have not harvested during the past year.
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

hi, i post this here because it seems to have the RM devs attention. i am trying to figure out how to make a geo mod by editing a copy of an existing mod by trial and error. its not going well. i guess i need to know how it is supposed to work. like what this all means

<crop name="WHEAT" incrementByOneRange="5-6" incrementByRange="3-4" incrementBy="3" setRange="1" setTo="2"/>

<crop name="WHEAT" this part self explanetory the rest is ??? so i wondered if there will be a guide for geo mods.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

There will be a guide at some point, but time is now spent on RL or fighting bugs.

Hope you are familiar with the growth states in vanilla. The commands do basically what they are named.

incrementByOneRange: the range (of states) are incremented by one. Range 5-6 becomes 6-7.
incrementByRange and incrementBy are related. Former defines the range (of states) and latter by how much they are incremented. Range 3-4 by 3 becomes 6-7.
setRange and setTo are also related. Range (of states) defines which states to change and To defines what state it is changed to. Range 1 To 2. State 1 becomes 2.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

As you guys from RM are quiet active her in this thread i'd like to ask a question too.
Most times i start a new map I notice that the map makers forgot to mark the fields you own from the start as plowed and chalked(or whatever the english term is), without Seasons the console command to change that is easy to figure out, however with seasons installed i didn't got behind the correct combination to mark a field as fallow but plowed and with lime spreaded already. As you had to test your mod extensivly you probably know the correct code and I hope you can share it with me/those who are interested.
(i hate to spend the first few hours plowing myself or watching helpers plowing my fields)
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

One way is to use the gsSetFieldGround console command. Lets you set ground type, fertilization, lime state etc. without any crop
Redrummed

Post by Redrummed »

Just wondering is this a bug or what, I am playing on this is Ireland map and it's mid spring so I started to spread some slurry on the grass fields.

When I check the map there is no fertilising layer down, also in the field it does not leave a mark on the ground like fs17. This is in grass fields only.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I do know that command, but how do i leave the fruittype empty? "0" isn't accepted
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

juf.de wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:13 pm I do know that command, but how do i leave the fruittype empty? "0" isn't accepted
You have probably used gsSetFieldFruit? Use gsSetFieldGround instead as I proposed. No fruit is then required.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Oh yeah, I misread your first answer, thanks for poiting that out again, work as intended, thanks again for the help.
Playing on PC
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Redrummed wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:12 pm Just wondering is this a bug or what, I am playing on this is Ireland map and it's mid spring so I started to spread some slurry on the grass fields.

When I check the map there is no fertilising layer down, also in the field it does not leave a mark on the ground like fs17. This is in grass fields only.
Hmm. No this does not sound right. Managed to reproduce it and logged it.
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

good morning,

i would have a question to issue #296 Partly used bales gets deleted

it was marked as milestone 1.0.1.0 but not closed yet.
are you still working on it?

thanks in advance

cheers
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Yes every issue that is open has not been solved irrespective of marked milestone. Changed it to 1.0.2 now :D
Gwc99

Post by Gwc99 »

Hi,

Need assistance/help. Playing Fenton Forest x4 Ver 1.42, 3rd day of Summer, all animals do have feed, bedding and water. At 24h00 a 3rd of animals died both with the map's animal pens and some other mods (Big Pig Husbandry, Kuhstall 2000 and Schafstall 2000).

Any idea why this is happening.

Kind Regards