Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Rahkiin »

njuska11 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm Why do weeds grow directly from no weeds to small patches of full grown weeds. For example im playing on lone oak farm and in early spring i planted wheat and oats on fields 45 and 42. There where 0 weeds on the last day of early spring. I advanced to the 1st day of mid spring and now i have patches of weeds on those fields however the weeds didint go trough the first stage of growth where you can use a weeder to destroy them but rather they matured immedeatly and now i must use a herbide if i want to remove them. Is this on purpose and if why beacuse thats not realistc, and if not is it a bug then??
We only grow small weeds, and they grow into larger weeds. But it might be that the two events coincide.

EDIT: I am looking into the other issues, and we're also looking into the balancing of the animals.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Your all doing an excellent job Rahkiin, love the new animal menu.
Frag

Post by Frag »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 am
njuska11 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm Why do weeds grow directly from no weeds to small patches of full grown weeds. For example im playing on lone oak farm and in early spring i planted wheat and oats on fields 45 and 42. There where 0 weeds on the last day of early spring. I advanced to the 1st day of mid spring and now i have patches of weeds on those fields however the weeds didint go trough the first stage of growth where you can use a weeder to destroy them but rather they matured immedeatly and now i must use a herbide if i want to remove them. Is this on purpose and if why beacuse thats not realistc, and if not is it a bug then??
We only grow small weeds, and they grow into larger weeds. But it might be that the two events coincide.

EDIT: I am looking into the other issues, and we're also looking into the balancing of the animals.
Yeah awesome job Rahkiin! Really LOVE season. If you look into animals, look at the chicken revenue. I noticed that it will always be more lucrative to sell the barley/wheat that you grow directly instead of feeding it to the chicken to collect eggs and meat. Briefly I found no way to make chicken profitable.

Keep the good work guys! :)
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Frag wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:49 am I have a small bug. I will try to find a way to reproduce at will but so far. I noticed that if you go to bed while it rains. The following day you will have the rain sound all day, even though its cloudy with no rain. I am playing on the Old Stream Farm map. Not sure if it is a map or a season bug at this point.
I'm unable to reproduce this.
Loss

Post by Loss »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:54 pm
Frag wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:49 am I have a small bug. I will try to find a way to reproduce at will but so far. I noticed that if you go to bed while it rains. The following day you will have the rain sound all day, even though its cloudy with no rain. I am playing on the Old Stream Farm map. Not sure if it is a map or a season bug at this point.
I'm unable to reproduce this.
I had it only one time a few weeks a go. Reload the map fix it. Never happens again.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

First off many thanks for all your hard work in bringing this to us, I wondered how things are progressing with the next update as I'm really looking forward to what you have done on the animal screen.
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

hi,

i have a question about the pig food. i'm playing with the latest build 30 and the pig food is separated base food, protein and "forgot the last"
they are using the base food first and the other 2 are not used until the base food is empty. if i try to fill it up with the "pig food" i can buy it won't work. "can't be performed here" is the error message i'm getting.

is this normal? that would mean i need to fill up the regular food like corn, canola and barly without using pig food if the other two are still full?

thanks

cheers

BiggoB
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

BiggoB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:38 pm hi,

i have a question about the pig food. i'm playing with the latest build 30 and the pig food is separated base food, protein and "forgot the last"
they are using the base food first and the other 2 are not used until the base food is empty. if i try to fill it up with the "pig food" i can buy it won't work. "can't be performed here" is the error message i'm getting.

is this normal? that would mean i need to fill up the regular food like corn, canola and barly without using pig food if the other two are still full?

thanks

cheers

BiggoB
The names of the food groups was a bug, but fixed now. The pigs eat all groups in parallel. But not all at the same amount. 50% of the diet is maize, 25 is grain and 25 is protein. So they just empty slower.
I checked with a food bigbag and that seems to work correctly.
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

hi,

i tried with the latest 31 build.
corn empty
canola.. full
barley ...full

it won't let me add any pig food.
looks like if i add pig food i will add "food"on all three.

i disabled seasons and saw that the pig food was added everywhere. it might be normal in the basegame and not really a bug and just because i'm out of corn i can't add the pig food just for that.
Frag

Post by Frag »

Hi guys,

I am wondering if it's a Season or base game bug. It could also be a feature that I did not fully understand. But if someone could enlighten me I would appreciate.

First question

I planted soy beans on many fields while the ground was a 12 Celsius. Shortly after the seed germinated, many "Harvested" square patches appeared. Some of those patches were right in the middle of fields, so they were not switched to that state by running those over with a tractor.

What are those harvested patches? I wish I took a screenshot.

Second question

I noticed after few game years that whatever the weather conditions are (good or bad), I always have a lot of "withered" patch. I also noticed that all fields on the map seems to get those at the same time. Questions. Are we always having withered patch or weather condition generate those? I saw very nice well balanced seasons (sun and rain) and still got those. As a one liner, is it possible to get a harvest without a single withered patch?

Thanks a lot guys. This forum is a bless.

**EDIT, issue is fixed **

Ps: Nevermind I found the issue. It seems the same area of the field could not be plowed as well. So I guess even if I sow those, the crops was not planted there. So in the end, I was seeing the status of the last harvest "Harvested". It's probably a map bug. I had to use the landscape tool, raise the terrain, lower it, than smooth it. Then I was able to plow again. Briefly, it is the field that was broken.
Last edited by Frag on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Is there not damage due to frost, heavy rain and strong wind? I read that somewhere but I'm guessing as I'm on console
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Yes, this is the patchy crop failure, due to temperature drops after planting, drought, flooding or bad weather. If plants die in early growth stages they show as harvested, and if they die at later stages, they show as withered. Crop failure happens in patches, rather than fieldwide, and most / all crops will see some failure throughout the field. However, the worse the weather conditions have been, the more you will see of it.

Read about it in Realismus' Seasons blog: https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... rowth.html
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

BiggoB wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:29 pm hi,

i tried with the latest 31 build.
corn empty
canola.. full
barley ...full

it won't let me add any pig food.
looks like if i add pig food i will add "food"on all three.

i disabled seasons and saw that the pig food was added everywhere. it might be normal in the basegame and not really a bug and just because i'm out of corn i can't add the pig food just for that.
Right, so build 31 has a small change regarding pig food mixture that was requested.
Before the change, you could essentially add pig food forever because all bars had to be full and the mixture is 25/25/50% so they didn't all fill up at the same time.
We were asked to change that and it made sense so I did just that.
It does mean that now, if one of the pig food mixture categories are full, it won't add to any of them.

I am not sure what makes more sense. It would also be weird to add just 1 component? Or have troughs overflowing? What do you think?
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

It makes more sense to do it in the way that the pigs will actually run out of food after two days. Optimally, the bars for each individual category would all represent two days worth of feeding when full, so you could add the individual categories if you wanted. But I guess that is an in-game limitation.
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

it's fine how it is right now. i was just confused. if you fill all at once (at least 50,25,25) you will get to the 100%. just one by one would mean i get 50% if i don't have enough pig food to fill at least 2 to get to 75%. all good from my side.

thanks a lot.

oh yeah would you mind to check the horse prices? i still see value 0 on my save games on single user.