Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

dakluit

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by dakluit »

So i have to always include seasons with my special economy file, with the map? There is no way i can only include the economy.xl only in the map? Like how plant growth is handled?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

That I’m not sure of. I just brought up running it with Seasons because you said you were playing with Seasons on.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
dakluit

Post by dakluit »

i know it runs with seasons. It is a feature of seasons. But with the crops i added, the game uses the standard price fluctuation, as if i was not playing with seasons. I am looking for a way to add custom made price fluctuations to a map. In a way that the seasons mod knows how to use it, without adding the complete seasons mod to the map. In the same way plant growth can be added to the map files, and seasons knowing it is there. I already sent an email to Realismus modding, but i got no response from them. So that's why i came here.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Does grass still dry into hay at only at 1800 every day regardless of how early you mow and how good the drying conditions are? Or can it dry sooner now?
Eische

Post by Eische »

No bug report.
Does somebody now the exact way how GEOs are handled using Seasons. I'm specifically interested in terms of map internal GEOs. If it is not mentioned in the map description, you can't tell, if a map has a build in GEO. Especially not, if you are only using a console.

Let's think about following scenarios considering you are playing on console and map description does not tell you, if a build-in GEO exists:
Scenario 1:
Map has built-in GEO containing only a crops.xml file. No other external GEO is installed.
Will Seasons just replace the default crops.xml with the one from the map? Or will it completely mess up the crop growth?

Scenario 2:
Map has built-in GEO containing a crops.xml and weather.xml file. Another external GEO is installed which also has crops.xml, weather.xml and economy.xml.
Which files will be used by Seasons? Will they interfere with each other? Are they sorted/loaded in a specific way so you might be able to say which one is actually used in your savegame?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
astro80

Post by astro80 »

There is any tutorial for Geo mod?
I would like that alfalfa growth like grass in season. Try to use the same value in crops xml but didn't work. How I can do this?
anyone can explain this values one by one?
incrementByOneRange="1-2" incrementByRange="3-5" incrementBy="2" setRange="CUT" setTo="2"/>
Redrummed

Post by Redrummed »

Hey I am on my first season of sandy Bay, I have purchased 48 cows, who have 100%clean, grass and water.
The problem is their health is dropping rapidly, from 80 to 44%at the moment, is there something I can do to stop this.

I thought having grazing and water alone would keep them alive.??
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It should keep them alive, but to get the max out of them they need the best food i.e. TMR. Are you doing beef or dairy cattle?
dakluit

Post by dakluit »

astro80 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm There is any tutorial for Geo mod?
I would like that alfalfa growth like grass in season. Try to use the same value in crops xml but didn't work. How I can do this?
incrementByOneRange="1-2" incrementByRange="3-5" incrementBy="2" setRange="CUT" setTo="2"/>
Hmmm indeed. Copying everything from grass and then changing it to alfalfa doesn't work. :(
Redrummed

Post by Redrummed »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:34 pm It should keep them alive, but to get the max out of them they need the best food i.e. TMR. Are you doing beef or dairy cattle?
Dairy, but since its the first year, they are not producing anything, I haven't done hay yet as it's late spring, hopefully they will last until then
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Redrummed wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:34 pm It should keep them alive, but to get the max out of them they need the best food i.e. TMR. Are you doing beef or dairy cattle?
Dairy, but since its the first year, they are not producing anything, I haven't done hay yet as it's late spring, hopefully they will last until then
With dairy I don't give them the best food until they are close to calving/producing milk as I don't think their is much point until then.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

dakluit wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:15 pm
astro80 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm There is any tutorial for Geo mod?
Hmmm indeed. Copying everything from grass and then changing it to alfalfa doesn't work. :(
Alfalfa gave me a headache haha. But (hopefully) I got it to work in my Stone Valley GEO. I can't fully test it until the update for Stone Valley is out though. You could check out my GEO and see if that suits your needs.

dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with plant growth schedules on Seasons, using XB1 Console, and MidWest Geo. This is my 3rd game, previous two were 6 day seasons, but I worked night and day to get what I wanted accomplished, and I have to say, working at night gives me depression, lol. I played at 5x speed, day and night, rarely a problem with plant schedules. My Stone Valley play, I thought I'd try 3 day seasons, but go 1x speed and only work during the day. I do some EARLY morning contract work, as I have to save and restart to get contracts to pop up (if I don't I might get 1-2 per day, thats it).

SO, the problem is Seasons missing growth stages. Previously, on 6 Day Seasons and 5x time 24/7, planting Corn in midSpring can be harvested in early Autumn, and planting Soybeans in early Summer (double cropped with winter wheat, harvested same 'day') surprisingly can be harvested in early Autumn (was surprised and shocked until I read the crop growth XML file on the PC Seasons files I downloaded, to my PC). HOWEVER, on my 3 day seasons run, I am seeing Corn harvestable in Mid Autumn, not early Autumn, 2 years in a row. This year I planted soybeans mid summer instead of early summer (which harvested on schedule), and I'm worried because late summer was "Germinated" state, and early Autumn is at 17% growth according to the Mt-9. I can't say that I understand ALL of the XML code, but I see that I only have 1 more growth stage in mid Autumn, and I don't want to have to forage my crop (actually, on my 5x 6 day seasons, I had a problem with planting soybeans in early summer, and EVERYTHING stopped growing in Autumn).

Now the question, is why? I suspect that it is due to Fast Forwarding. I'm playing 1x realtime during the day, but FF x120 at night. In fact, I'm mixing it up between realtime and x120 because I am trying to run my BioGas plant 24x7, so I have late night loading and dumping. Now, I've tried to stop doing x120 during the midnight change over, and keep things at 1x or 5x until I see the map's growth stages change. That hasn't helped.

So, any suggestions? I really don't want to not be able to sleep (which I've also stopped doing because perhaps of the FF problems it may cause, however sleep does have the Sync-Up tool, which Seasons might be using appropriately), or have to keep the game on 5x during night, when I am only doing silage. WHEN exactly does Seasons do the processing for plant growth? At midnight, or perhaps 9pm to midnight? If I knew WHEN Seasons did this critical calculation, I would ensure to NOT FF at all, no more than 5x, during that 3 hour period.

I'm hoping this is simply a problem with my console speed (which is frankly the slowest console running Seasons 19 out there as its an XBOX 1 Day One edition, and its dirty so cpu is probably overheating and slower than normal). I'd like to know if anyone out there has seen strangeness with Seasons on PC, which FFing too fast while running an underpowered rig.

Cheers,
Dan
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

dan1109 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 am
There are always anomalies when playing 3 day Seasons. At least in my experience. Sometimes it seems like the ground temperature doesn't register right and plant growth can be off because germination gets out of whack. But as far as your main question, growth transitions occur at midnight on the season change days (ex. Going from early to mid spring, mid to late spring, etc.) Fast forwarding should not affect that. Sometimes though it can take up to 15 minutes to see the changes occur as the growth transition loads.

dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:50 pm
dan1109 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 am
There are always anomalies when playing 3 day Seasons. At least in my experience. Sometimes it seems like the ground temperature doesn't register right and plant growth can be off because germination gets out of whack. But as far as your main question, growth transitions occur at midnight on the season change days (ex. Going from early to mid spring, mid to late spring, etc.) Fast forwarding should not affect that. Sometimes though it can take up to 15 minutes to see the changes occur as the growth transition loads.
OK, thanks. Then I'll switch from 3 day to something else this winter. If you see it on PC, then good to know its not real time issue (although I finally looked at a video on how to open clean my XB1 which must be absolutely filthy after 6 years of cig smoke being inhaled). As well, if there is an anomaly on higher day seasons, its easy to recover - I got a bad feeling I might even lose my soybeans though, last time this happened to me with soybeans, everything stopped growing completely in Autumn (that was 6 day seasons as well) - lost my soy (wasn't green enough) and had to chop my corn.