Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

CombineBert

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by CombineBert »

@Lucass

Hay will revert back to semi-dry grass if wet enough (the hay colour in base game).

Wet grass, yes bale away my friend!
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
CombineBert

Re: Seasons mod

Post by CombineBert »

reallogger wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 pm @CombineBert: This is very odd since cloudcover during rain is hardcoded to avoid such issues. Please register the issue at gitlab with copy of savegame
@Reallogger - Will do later today, thanks. On day 5 of 9 of Summer at the moment and weather is good. Do you want the save regardless or a new save when / if the weather misbehaves again?

I have done some x120 fast forwarding some days then slowed to x5 and skipped the night. Being a new save with little cash and fields I get bored doing contracts after a while. Could this have had a negative impact on my weather?
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Animal names are followed by an (F) or an (M). I assumed it to mean female and male. But, today I only had the option of buying mature pigs with the (M) listed behind the name. I wondered if this is a typing error, as my impression was that you can only buy female animals (except for the rooster).
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

We have fixed the weird growth being caused by the fact that in-game growth was not fully disabled. So both Seasons growth and in-game growth were happening at the same time. Do note that this issue means that you will have weird things going on until the new planting/harvest cycle, if you continue with the existing save game once we release an update. It's probably safest to start a new game.
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

kahfs wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 pm Animal names are followed by an (F) or an (M). I assumed it to mean female and male. But, today I only had the option of buying mature pigs with the (M) listed behind the name. I wondered if this is a typing error, as my impression was that you can only buy female animals (except for the rooster).
To me it would seem like it's intentional due to this piece from the manual.
Even though in many farms today animals are artifically inseminated, we have chosen to follow a natural cycle where animals give birth in spring and summer. In the mod, sheep give birth to offspring in spring, while cows give birth in summer. Pigs are the exception which in gives birth both in spring and in autumn.
Specifically, "we have chosen to follow a natural cycle" while this can be interpreted in different ways, if it's completely natural then a male and female would be required.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Regarding the pigs. It's not right the way it is now and will be corrected in next update. You will buy young males and fertile females. It got a bit mixed up right before release.

@CombineBert: No only send the save if you see rain from clear sky. I know such can happen right after start cause the engine needs some time to initialize the clouds. Nothing we can do about that.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Will do, thanks.

Current FS19 Maps:
SimFarmer1

Post by SimFarmer1 »

I play FS with my sound dialed down quite a bit, because I am watching videos/Hulu/Netflix etc while I am "farming". One thing it seems I can't control, is lowering the sound of the wind. None of the in-game sliders change this. My only option is to lower the main volume even more, but I have to dial it down so far that I end up basically muting the game, which I don't want.

I can see the .ogg wind files in the Seasons mod and these are what I want to edit and cut their volume in half. I currently have no way of working with .ogg, but I can easily figure it out and get it done. Before I go to all this trouble though, is there maybe an xml setting I can change? Thanks for any replies or advice.

Fun stuff, I'm having a blast with Seasons. :gamer:

Edit: Sorry, I should of kept looking around before I posted so quick. I found the xml file and the wind section. I will start tinkering in there and get this to my liking. Ignore me, I'm an *$#%§*. :confusednew:
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

For the update i've put the wind sounds under the Environment slider.
Electsilver8

So, about cotton and seasons...

Post by Electsilver8 »

When can I seed cotton? When I look at the seed chart theres no green or yellow strip on cotton.
Guil

Re: So, about cotton and seasons...

Post by Guil »

You have to wait until there is a new GEO with it, all crops can't grow in the same climate.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Oh ok thanks
BartinKila

Post by BartinKila »

IseOlen wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:57 am I think there might be a problem with seasonal crop price variation (need confirmation from others before reporting as bug). Below is a shot of (almost) full year woodchip price (took this as in FS 17 woodchips varied the most). All the crops are quite similar - just a small up-and-down variation throughout the year. Nothing like the "predictive" graph estimated at first.
I know I did a bad thing and installed Seasons on existing Felsbrun save but still ...
I have completed my first 9 day season year and had the same charts for more than wood chips
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

BartinKila wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:58 am
IseOlen wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:57 am I think there might be a problem with seasonal crop price variation (need confirmation from others before reporting as bug). Below is a shot of (almost) full year woodchip price (took this as in FS 17 woodchips varied the most). All the crops are quite similar - just a small up-and-down variation throughout the year. Nothing like the "predictive" graph estimated at first.
I know I did a bad thing and installed Seasons on existing Felsbrun save but still ...
I have completed my first 9 day season year and had the same charts for more than wood chips
I believe this may have already been fixed for the next update. See here for the list of issues fixed already for the next update: https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... issues/227
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'll add that link to the first post here or the locked thread when RM guys confirm if that will be updated or if the link is likely to change.