Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

reallogger

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by reallogger »

Yes we will keep that updated so good idea to add it to the first post. The link will stay the same at least until the next release.
OOWAR!!

Post by OOWAR!! »

Does the season mod include the more realistic mods or are they seperate? Have Animals been included in seasons can they now eat the grass in their fields allowing the farmer to save the feed for winter?
PC.
X BOX CONTROLLER
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

What more realistic mods ?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

OOWAR!! wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:10 am Does the season mod include the more realistic mods or are they seperate? Have Animals been included in seasons can they now eat the grass in their fields allowing the farmer to save the feed for winter?
It might be a good idea to read our blog posts.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

OOWAR!! wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:10 am Does the season mod include the more realistic mods or are they seperate? Have Animals been included in seasons can they now eat the grass in their fields allowing the farmer to save the feed for winter?
If you are referring to dural mods, no they are not coming with seasons.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

I play on 9 days setting for seasons. I dont know if thats gonna be updated, but when i was mowing grass, behind me, it was already turning into hay, sure it was sunny, but i still think its a bit rapid, the transition from grass to hay.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

We changed the textures so semi-dry grass now looks more like hay in the vanilla (although not completely similar I can be mistaken to be looking like hay). Hay will look even brighter.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Elspoox wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 pm I play on 9 days setting for seasons. I dont know if thats gonna be updated, but when i was mowing grass, behind me, it was already turning into hay, sure it was sunny, but i still think its a bit rapid, the transition from grass to hay.
Play with real time.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:54 pm
Elspoox wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 pm I play on 9 days setting for seasons. I dont know if thats gonna be updated, but when i was mowing grass, behind me, it was already turning into hay, sure it was sunny, but i still think its a bit rapid, the transition from grass to hay.
Play with real time.
i play x15, the grass changed to hay in about one minute,that is 15 minutes in game,which is about 150 minutes in real life, i still think even on the sunniest days, thats a bit rapid.
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

If the crop moisture for the grass is high when you mow it then you have to tedder in order for it to turn into semi dry grass. Using this method your grass will not turn to hay until its teddered. Once the grass has been tedder into semi dry grass. The last step is to allow the semi dry grass to dry on the field. Depending on weather and wind speed is how quickly it will turn to hay. Warm air temperature and high wind speed it will turn to hay more quickly. If you cut grass that is low in crop moisture it will instantly be semi dry grass so no tedding required. Just leave on the field to dry. Textures grass is dark green. Semi dry texture is the vanilla hay texture and hay is lighter similar to straw in colour when left on the field. If hay becomes wet on the field it will eventually revert back to semi dry. If semi dry grass becomes wet it will revert back to grass. If grass is left on field for several days it will rot even grass bales. To me the use for grass now is for silage. The only way to stop grass bales rotting is to wrap them for silage. Fermenting takes one seasonal transition for example early summer to mid summer. The process is adjusted for time. 3 day season will take 1 day where as a 24 day season would take 8 day. Each season length is divisable by 3. This is one seasonal transition. Now grazing is in we dont need to feed sheep or cattle grass. Grass is the lowest quality food for animals. To me hay is better for sheep. Cattle you are going to use tmr. Animal will always eat the highest quality first.
Last edited by gingeredscot73 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:46 pm If the crop moisture for the grass is high when you mow it then you have to tedder in order for it to turn into semi dry grass. Using this method your grass will not turn to hay until its teddered. Once the grass has been tedder into semi dry grass. The last step is to allow the semi dry grass to dry on the field. Depending on weather and wind speed is how quickly it will turn to hay. Warm air temperature and high wind speed it will turn to hay more quickly. If you cut grass that is low in crop moisture it will instantly be semi dry grass so no tedding required. Just leave on the field to dry. Textures grass is dark green. Semi dry texture is the vanilla hay texture and hay is lighter similar to straw in colour when left on the field. If hay becomes wet on the field it will eventually revert back to semi dry. If semi dry grass becomes wet it will revert back to grass. If grass is left on field for several days it will rot even grass bales. To me the use for grass now is for silage. Now grazing is in we dont need to feed sheep or cattle grass. Grass is the lowest quality food for animals. To me hay is better for sheep. Cattle you are going to use tmr. Animal will always eat the highest quality first.
yeah i know i was just saying that the change from semi dry to hay was a bit rapid, it is true that when i was mowing, was sunny and dry, will see about it this season again. also one more thing,i could only mow once the 100% grass, 2nd cut was 66% grown, feels like i should get more from it, now i ve only gone through one seasons so i dont know. how many cuts can you guys get?
Bigfilmguy

Seasons - Which mode to start with

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Hi all,

I'll preface this question by saying I'm a (patient) console player, so can't try it myself yet, just getting ready for when Seasons does come to console.

So now Seasons has been out for almost a week, what mode are people finding best to start with? Normally I start on Farm Manager or higher, but are people generally finding it better to start on New Farmer mode so that you have some fields and equipment already? I know that with the Government Subsidy mod there is technically no worry about being able to afford whatever you want, but I personally prefer not to use it except on my test farm.

Also, bugs aside, how are people finding it? Is it as good as Seasons 17 or better?

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

CombineBert wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:35 pm @Lucass
Hay will revert back to semi-dry grass if wet enough (the hay colour in base game).
Wet grass, yes bale away my friend!
Thanks.
What about straw? Can I baled straw immediately after the rain (if it does not disappear completely during rain) or wait some time; until the "crop moisture" icon disappears maybe?

...and could I ask for an answer on these two:
2. I have installed the "Real dirt color" - is it safe to use this mod with Seasons? (I mean snow on wheels during the winter)

3. My son bought a certain number of cows whose health dropped to 76% (initially it was 80%). Again he bought a few cows (to the same pasture), after which the health of all cows is 78%. The health value is now averaged for all cows on one pasture. Is this how it should be?
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Several factor come into play. When in the year your first cut has fully grown. Depends when the weather is in your favour to cut, tedder if required, dry on the field and bale. The sooner you get the first cut off the field the sooner it will start to grow for your second cut. This also also depend on weather conditions how quickly it grows back. Shifting weather patterns so no 2 years will be the same. More challenging now that we need to watch what the weather is doing. As for me I dont have pc. I am patiently waiting for it to come to console. Dont worry I wont ask when. I know it has a long way to go in terms of bug fixing. I just want to say thank you to all you guys on pc in the community for helping Realismus Modding fix the bugs. You guys are amazing!! It really shows how great people are when they come together and work as a community. The only way to improve it is to work together. Thank you to the community and especially to Realismus Modding for creating this amazing game changing mod.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

gingeredscot73 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:46 pm If the crop moisture for the grass is high when you mow it then you have to tedder in order for it to turn into semi dry grass. Using this method your grass will not turn to hay until its teddered. Once the grass has been tedder into semi dry grass. The last step is to allow the semi dry grass to dry on the field. Depending on weather and wind speed is how quickly it will turn to hay. Warm air temperature and high wind speed it will turn to hay more quickly. If you cut grass that is low in crop moisture it will instantly be semi dry grass so no tedding required. Just leave on the field to dry. Textures grass is dark green. Semi dry texture is the vanilla hay texture and hay is lighter similar to straw in colour when left on the field. If hay becomes wet on the field it will eventually revert back to semi dry. If semi dry grass becomes wet it will revert back to grass. If grass is left on field for several days it will rot even grass bales. To me the use for grass now is for silage. The only way to stop grass bales rotting is to wrap them for silage. Fermenting takes one seasonal transition for example early summer to mid summer. The process is adjusted for time. 3 day season will take 1 day where as a 24 day season would take 8 day. Each season length is divisable by 3. This is one seasonal transition. Now grazing is in we dont need to feed sheep or cattle grass. Grass is the lowest quality food for animals. To me hay is better for sheep. Cattle you are going to use tmr. Animal will always eat the highest quality first.
Grass the lowest quality? Animals love fresh grass.

Silage is the lowest quality. Even the meat stinks because of that. It is no secret that animals that are fed with grass and are on pasture, are the most wanted meat in the stores. Expensive as well.

I would like to see that price/quality difference in the game.