Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

BigAl Farming

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by BigAl Farming » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Only a few fields are "AI enabled" and available for contracts on Oakfield - this was how the map creator configured it so as to avoid performance issues.
FS17 & FS19 on PC, FS18 on iOS.

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 pm

How the crop rotation works when several fields are combined, if different types of crops have previously grown on them?
If I plant one type of crop in the newly created field, it will only partly increase the yield - right? (of course that crop type that will give me an advantage given the previous crop from one of the previosusly fields)

I also had the situation that after plowing the GRASS field in the "growing" phase, which had 2nd fertilized layer, after plowing it had the third layer of fertilization - is this normal? (I haven't done anything with this field before, Seasons started on a new save)

CombineBert

Post by CombineBert » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:00 pm

@BreadedVirus - Have you tried this without any mods other than seasons installed? Could be a conflict maybe?

@Lucass - Correct, until the "new" field has had the same crop all over it for the two previous harvests / fallow will the yield settle across the whole field.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam 1.5.1
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, peddles & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

Current FS19 Maps:
Greenwich Valley | 6 day Seasons (Dev build 35) | Standard GEO
Lone Oak | 9 Day Seasons | Oregon GEO

reallogger

Post by reallogger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 am

Support mega post. Might not be the best way, but multiple posts in a row was not an option. Tried to answer all unanswered posts. Bear with me...
Patrick73 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:07 pm
When seasons comes to console will I be able to use it on my felsbrunn save or will I have to start a new save?
We recommend to start a new save.
Guil wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:47 pm
Does snow tracks only appear in deep layers? It's snowing in spring but no tracks in the snow.
Only tracks when snow is more than 1 layer deep.
Greymantle1 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:35 pm
Update: I did everything I could to try and figure out my issue with the freeze. Even though I validated the files and everything was ok I decided to wipe the farm sim off my computer completely and do a clean install. I have now played over a year without the issue. (Go figure)
This is most likely due to a bug in the weather forecast that we are aware of. If it happens again try to reload the save, change season length back and forth to rebuild the forecast. Workaround has proved successful for several with this problem.
Flat Stanley wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:08 am
Could you add 'freezing rain' to the Seasons mod? :hmm:

You know, and make it slippery than snow?
No don't think we will do that.
H4nnib4l22 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm
[...] Could the distinction of cultivator and disc harrow in the game be even more valid? [...]
Have been discussed earlier, but not likely
BreadedVirus wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:39 pm
Once i have sprayed the weeds with herbicide on a grass field the weeds die, but on the fields with crops they do not seem to be dying as soon as i have sprayed them...
Yes we are aware of this. Workaround being to spray once the crop has emerged
pilfit wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm
I am having a problem with fertilizer contracts and I am unsure if its a Seasons bug, a mod conflict or a problem with the map. Every time I except a fert contract the field's growth stage drops, sometimes down to the first stage, it also resets to having no fertilization. The map is County Line Seasons.
That was a new twist. Reproduced it and logged it.
Lucass wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 pm
How the crop rotation works when several fields are combined, if different types of crops have previously grown on them?
If I plant one type of crop in the newly created field, it will only partly increase the yield - right? (of course that crop type that will give me an advantage given the previous crop from one of the previosusly fields)
Information is not stored per field, but per area 0.5 m x 0.5 m. This way you can do strip farming on one big field if you want.
Lucass wrote:
I also had the situation that after plowing the GRASS field in the "growing" phase, which had 2nd fertilized layer, after plowing it had the third layer of fertilization - is this normal? (I haven't done anything with this field before, Seasons started on a new save)
We don't touch the plough. Perhaps this was a plough that can add fertilizer (functionality exists in game, but not sure whether any ingame ploughs or cultivators does this. Used a mod?)

StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 am

Looking at the manual on creating the seasons mask, and see the reference on sizing the grle file for 2048x2048. Is that for a standard-size map? Do I need to double that to 4096x4096 for a 4x map?

jhall181

Post by jhall181 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 am

So is seasons on console yet?

rtwelker20

Post by rtwelker20 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am

Does anyone know if there is any attention of there being snow plowing contracts with the new seasons mod? Not sure the feasibility of this, but I think it would be cool.

Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 am

I find jobs not even worth doing anymore did Seasons do something to nerf payouts like in 17?

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:30 am

reallogger wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 am
Lucass wrote:
We don't touch the plough. Perhaps this was a plough that can add fertilizer (functionality exists in game, but not sure whether any ingame ploughs or cultivators does this. Used a mod?)
No, this was in-game plow, AgroMasz POH 5.

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 am

Doesn’t plowing in any growing crop add a fertiliser stage? I thought that was normal in the game without seasons anyway.

reallogger

Post by reallogger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:57 am

StoneC0ld wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 am
Looking at the manual on creating the seasons mask, and see the reference on sizing the grle file for 2048x2048. Is that for a standard-size map? Do I need to double that to 4096x4096 for a 4x map?
Correct
jhall181 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 am
So is seasons on console yet?
No
rtwelker20 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am
Does anyone know if there is any attention of there being snow plowing contracts with the new seasons mod? Not sure the feasibility of this, but I think it would be cool.
Would be cool indeed.
Greymantle1 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 am
I find jobs not even worth doing anymore did Seasons do something to nerf payouts like in 17?
Aside from increasing payout for baling missions payouts should be equal to base game.
Lucass wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:30 am
As @Greymantle1 states maybe this is base game mechanics.

H4nnib4l22

Post by H4nnib4l22 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am

reallogger wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 am
H4nnib4l22 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm
[...] Could the distinction of cultivator and disc harrow in the game be even more valid? [...]
Have been discussed earlier, but not likely
This is a pity, because of the side Giants was already prepared. It's a pity that they themselves did not subdivide because cultivating is significantly different than slicing
:hi:
Peace
H4nnib4ll22

LPG Ostwall sucht Verstärkung // Infos gibt es HIER

"When nothing goes right, go left !"

reallogger

Post by reallogger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 am

Well Giants did nothing more than separating them in the shop. Making some sensible game mechanics is a whole different ballpark. Did some differentiation in the FS17 Soil Compaction mod on this. There you could also select how deep you were running a tine cultivator.

Maikello

Post by Maikello » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:53 am

reallogger wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:57 am
rtwelker20 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am
Would be cool indeed.
But lime-spreading missions are more likely :zunge:

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:16 am

I've just started combining with Seasons 19 on Lipinki with default GEO, enjoying the seeing the random weeds under the crop and I wondered if there could be automatic weeds on the bare patches from failed germination or die back? In my part of the world, East Anglia UK, the weeds take over any bare ground unless sprayed off.
Playing £300 PC with a £95 graphics card, £15 XBox controller and £65 SSD ... solid 60 fps