Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

JohnDeere77

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by JohnDeere77 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm

If I plant winter-wheat. Is it possible to figure out in advance when it reaches harvesting-state?

(Btw regarding my q earlier about wet crop, I took a chance on leasing a combine and I could harvest at 24% wet.)
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding

DirectCedar

Re: Crop rotation

Post by DirectCedar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:13 pm

BreadedVirus wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Is there an in depth guide to the crop rotation?

I have just started planting and no clue how to use the rotation of the crops

Example

I have just planted wheat in field 1 on Oakfield and the previous state was fallow. How do i go forward with the rotation from there?

The planner works in columns. There are four columns so you can set up as many as four theoretical rotations (either to compare rotations to each other, or to track different rotations on different fields if you so choose).

The planner reads the columns going down and calculates the theoretical maximum yield of each crop in the rotation, based on the effect of the other crops in the rotation. "None" is calculated as "don't include this line in the rotation calculation" (it is not part of the rotation). "Fallow" means a full growing season passes without anything being planted or harvested (Fallow is part of the rotation, treated similarly to the other crop types. It has a benefit on the crops following it).

Crops are impacted by the previous two crops grown before them. The calculation cycles around to the top of the column when it reaches the last inputted crop. i.e. if you enter crops in all six slots, crop 1 will calculate the impact on it from crop 5 and 6. If you enter crops in four slots and leave the other two "none", crop 1 will calculate the impact on it from crops 3 and 4. Entering just Wheat in slot 1 followed by 5 "None"s wold represent continuous wheat. Likewise entering "Wheat" in slots 1-3 followed by 3 "None"s would also represent continuous wheat.

I hope this makes sense. It sounds more complicated to use than it actually is.

You can then play with the planner however you want, either to see how your traditional rotation stacks up in terms of overall performance, or to try to optimize your plan to maximize yields while still growing whatever you most like to grow. I think it is just an awesome feature and adds a genuine aspect of management to the game. I can't applaud Realismus enough for the work and thought they put into this feature *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:20 pm

JohnDeere77 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm
If I plant winter-wheat. Is it possible to figure out in advance when it reaches harvesting-state?

(Btw regarding my q earlier about wet crop, I took a chance on leasing a combine and I could harvest at 24% wet.)
I don't think you can figure out the exact day, but the planting and harvesting calendar in the Seasons menu tells you approximately when it will be ready relative to its planting date. If you plant winter wheat at the beginning of its planting window, it will be ready to harvest at approximately the beginning of its harvest window. If you plant near the end of its planting window, it will correspondingly be ready a bit later in its harvest window. Each GEO has different windows. I think with the base GEO the earliest winter wheat is harvestable is late summer.

Spring wheat is later; I think the earliest I have harvested it is early fall, regardless how early in the spring it was planted.

GolloG

Post by GolloG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:28 pm

@FarmerJimbob: realtime yes and the time from the field to the field with changing the equipment was max. 5 min , and not the complete grass was hay, only spots about the complete swath

@Rahkiin: yes latest update
LS PC:
09 Gold
11, LS 11 Platin
13 CE, Titanium, Ursus
15 CE, ITRunner DLC, LS 15 GOLD
LS 17 CE
LS 19 CE
-----------------
PC: AMD FX-8350 @8x4000 mit bequiet Dark Rock pro 4, 16GB GSkill Sniper @1866 CL9, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SuperSC ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5, Samsung EVO 850 SSD 500Gb, be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 (650 Watt), 3x BenQ G2760 27", Logitech G27 und Eigenbau Joystickkonsole

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Suggestion and question for RM team : would it be possible to make a drop menu in rotation planner with multiply index next to the each crop, i think it would be much easier than scrolling through all crops.

JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 pm

DirectCedar wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:20 pm
JohnDeere77 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Spring wheat is later; I think the earliest I have harvested it is early fall, regardless how early in the spring it was planted.
Ok, thanks. So it might be hard to get a new harvest the next season then
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding

Guil

Post by Guil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Am I going mental or can you not use a helper to spray herbicide on a field? No matter when I try, it instantly comes up helper finished.

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Guil wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 pm
Am I going mental or can you not use a helper to spray herbicide on a field? No matter when I try, it instantly comes up helper finished.
I don't think you can. I think the worker will only continue spraying where there are actual weeds growing. When he/she reaches a clean part of the field he stops and thinks he's done.

Papa BullDust

Post by Papa BullDust » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding pre-emptive herbicide spraying for weeds.

The manual states:
"We have implemented preemptive spraying. If you spray early on you will not get weeds on the field until you harvest."
This I really like.

However, I've just tried to do so on my field and was kind of expecting to see the ground change colour (like it does when fertilising) to indicate that the spraying was 'successful' and that I'm not just wasting money/chemical.

My question really is that; is this expected behaviour? I.e. is there anything to indicate that the herbicide is being useful?
I can imagine that it might be a hard-coded restriction in the base game, only to allow the ground colour change for a fertilisation stage, but I thought it would be a good idea to check with those in the know.

If no colour change is expected, but the base game would allow it, I'd like to suggest that as a feature. Would this get confusing?

Secondly, is it possible to spray too early in the year?

Cheers for anyone's thoughts :)

Miketeg

Post by Miketeg » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi Papa, for your information, I created a bug report in Gitlab about this and it is in the do to list.

My request was to have the darker ground color when we spray herbicide.

FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Seasons updated, Oakfield updated yet when it’s snowing I don’t get snow tracks any ideas why??

OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Because snow tracks require more than one layer of snow.

FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 pm

So when I manually set snow to rmAddSnow 1 that is just 1 layer?

OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:24 am

Yes.

I believe activating the command several times will give more layers, but I haven't tried it.

3rd pedal

Farm buildings

Post by 3rd pedal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:15 am

There is 2 of buildings that was released in modhub today
Are they seasons ready?