Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

MrHector

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by MrHector »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm I've got 300 pigs on this is Ireland map and the food goes down correctly each day whether bags or pig food. Are the pens on that map custom or in game ? Cows are the same with TMR.
I said, i also tested this on Felsbrun without any other mods then seasons enabled, with original pens of course.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

«..and we also don’t know whether we will have to cut features yet.»

Any chance a cut in features also will count for the pc-version or will there be two versions?

Any wide-range ETA for the updated animal-pen hud / new version?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Saldas

Post by Saldas »

Sorry if it was answered before. When does a ground temp changes? It looks like it only changes at midnight. We had soil temp-1 and it was 12 degrees during the day and it didn't change until midnight.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

It does not only change at midnight but it changes really slow compared to the air temperature. During the day it rarely changes more than a few degrees (Celsius).
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Saldas

Post by Saldas »

One more question. We play on Oakfield map. You can get 500 sheep in one field. What happens if you exceed that limit? Are they just gonna struggle to find grass to graze or is it a cap? Let's say we have 400 sheep and some 200-250 lambs are about to be born in spring.
PATR10T

Post by PATR10T »

on seasons mod ls17 i changed the value for needed food down to one day as i want to feed my animals on every day like on real...
same i want todo now as even 2 days like on the current version are still too long for me :D the SeasonsAnimals.lua on ls19 is much more complex than it was on ls17 so i dont really know whats the right value to change...
@reallogger possible that you can point me in the right direction whats the right value? thx
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Not sure if the RM guys still look into this thread, but i will tryi anyway.
Do you know what a good income rate for greenhouses would be? i tried multiple ones but all of them have in common, that in the end i earn most of my money with converting manure to cash with them. But in my latest play i didn't use any greenhouse mod and am now missing the income of it to counter small purchases and helper costs.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm wondering how the Contracts system works with Seasons, in particularly whether it's seasons that controls what contracts and contract types appear and when or whether it's the map that controls it.

I'm noticing now on a Save where I'm heading into Year 4, that the only thing that shows up with any reliability are Fertilising Contracts from the AI Farmers and these are available pretty much all year round and pay good money if not probably the best money of all the contract types.

Then it falls apart somewhat in that there is rarely any Ploughing or Cultivating Contracts ever. I'd have though from Late Autumn to Late Spring these would be pretty prevalent as farmers try to get fields turned round after harvest before the next years planting. Sowing/Planting Contracts are the same, again I'd have though in the Autumn and Spring there would be farmers offering contracts to plant their fields. I've only ever seen one or two pop up in my game after 4 years and honestly the price offered was not even worth accepting them as it'd have cost me more in seed and fertiliser then what the farmers paid.
Harvesting Jobs, these appear but I'm noticing a lot of the time only when the game has already reached Winter and it's too late for the crops to be harvested, as on the map they already show as being withered. So the AI farmers seem to harvest too late, and should offer their contracts in the late Summer through the Autumn Period.

I know Seasons with the Contract system is always going to be tricky to get right, as unfortunately you won't see the variety of job types on a given day as you do in the vanilla game, however fertilising contracts do get boring after a while and I'd very much like to see the other contract types offered at the correct times of year.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

So a question regarding weeds to any of the Realisums team:

I'm playing on 3 day Seasons - with the Midwest USA GEO. I've gone through about ... 8-9 years? or so. To me, I'm not seeing a lot of Weeds, especially on my fields. I know theSeb has said he needed some feedback on this.

I wonder if its because of my 3 day Seasons?

My question is - how can I increase the likelihood of weeds popping up? I'm looking threw the LUAs even as I type this, and I'm seeing in the SeasonsGrowth.lua file -> SeasonsGrowth.DEFAULT_WEEDS_SCALE = 30. Would this be what I need to increase or is what I'm trying to do take way more coding than just simply altering a few numbers?
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:56 pm I'm wondering how the Contracts system works with Seasons, in particularly whether it's seasons that controls what contracts and contract types appear and when or whether it's the map that controls it.

I'm noticing now on a Save where I'm heading into Year 4, that the only thing that shows up with any reliability are Fertilising Contracts from the AI Farmers and these are available pretty much all year round and pay good money if not probably the best money of all the contract types.

Then it falls apart somewhat in that there is rarely any Ploughing or Cultivating Contracts ever. I'd have though from Late Autumn to Late Spring these would be pretty prevalent as farmers try to get fields turned round after harvest before the next years planting. Sowing/Planting Contracts are the same, again I'd have though in the Autumn and Spring there would be farmers offering contracts to plant their fields. I've only ever seen one or two pop up in my game after 4 years and honestly the price offered was not even worth accepting them as it'd have cost me more in seed and fertiliser then what the farmers paid.
Harvesting Jobs, these appear but I'm noticing a lot of the time only when the game has already reached Winter and it's too late for the crops to be harvested, as on the map they already show as being withered. So the AI farmers seem to harvest too late, and should offer their contracts in the late Summer through the Autumn Period.

I know Seasons with the Contract system is always going to be tricky to get right, as unfortunately you won't see the variety of job types on a given day as you do in the vanilla game, however fertilising contracts do get boring after a while and I'd very much like to see the other contract types offered at the correct times of year.
Might be a issue with your map perhaps. I see a lot of plow or cultivate in the early spring, fertilize in late spring, grasswork / baling in the summer and harvest in the autumn on the map I’m on (Kandelin)

Not sure if it’s the map or seasons that provide contracts, but at least for me, it works as expected. I am on year 1 though, so maybe something gets skewed after a few seasons..?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

wiseguy49 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:28 pm So a question regarding weeds to any of the Realisums team:

I'm playing on 3 day Seasons - with the Midwest USA GEO. I've gone through about ... 8-9 years? or so. To me, I'm not seeing a lot of Weeds, especially on my fields. I know theSeb has said he needed some feedback on this.

I wonder if its because of my 3 day Seasons?

My question is - how can I increase the likelihood of weeds popping up? I'm looking threw the LUAs even as I type this, and I'm seeing in the SeasonsGrowth.lua file -> SeasonsGrowth.DEFAULT_WEEDS_SCALE = 30. Would this be what I need to increase or is what I'm trying to do take way more coding than just simply altering a few numbers?
In my first map with seasons, I noticed that during the first 3 years none of the fields we owned got weeds on them, yet the AI farmers fields looked like they had the chicken pox or measles. Now heading into year 4 we've started getting weeds on our fields, and as much as I love they don't completely blanket a field like in the vanilla game, they do have some weird behaviour that must be due to seasons that I definitely don't like. I can go to a field that has some patches of weeds on it and spray the whole feed with Herbicide to kill them off and ensure that weeds shouldn't spread or appear anymore on that field. The next day in game/next day in seasons and weeds are back on the field. How can that be when I've sprayed it with Herbicide? I also this evening did a test where I sprayed a cultivated field with Herbicide to remove the weeds that were on it. Then I seeded the field. Sure enough next day when the crop moved from germinating to growing status there were weeds again on the field. It's like Herbicide doesn't stop the weeds from growing, just removes them for that particular day. I can't keep spraying all my fields every day so how come Herbicide isn't working correctly with Seasons?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'll copy and paste this post I put into the Seasons Crop Withering Thread, as it also shows my Contract Screen and shows the weirdness I'm seeing with Contracts when running with Seasons. Here I am in Mid Winter when the Ground is at 0 Degrees and the Air Temperature at the peak of the day is only 3 Degrees, and two Farmers want me to harvest their fields from the previous year, which have withered, show as withered on the map and therefore can not be harvested. It also show two farmers wanting to Sow their fields, which again makes absolutely no sense, as none of the crops can be planted at this low temperature and will not germinate.

Also the prices for those Contracts are laughable for anything outside of Fertilising. The two sowing contracts, will actually cost you more in fertiliser and seed given the size of the field then the AI are actually paying. The harvesting contracts are poor for the initial money, however depending on pricing and the bonus crop amount you could make money, but only if the Harvest Contracts are offered in Late Summer and Autumn when the crop is still alive and can be harvested. You can't harvest in the winter or in the snow.

wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

So it sounds like weeds are an issue overall - even with herbicide spraying. Maybe I should hold off on messing with that default WEEDS_SCALE until they address it. FYI after looking through those growth LUAs that is still my best guess to increase the amount of weeds appearing.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Animal Pen Extension works fine. With the new update of it it can be used on mod pens too.
I didn't encounter any bugs regardin weeds. I had fields, where i had to use the weeder many times to get rid of it and i had fields where there was no weeds at all, both on the same savegame at the same time too.
When i used herbicide i didn't encounter any more weeds.
Playing on PC
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Updated Animal Pen Extension still cant be used on built in animal pens, for example, Oakfield farm :(
Even Season's Water Pump doesnt work on Oakfield (this is Season's issue, not map issue) so we need to use old traditional way, water trailer.