Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

blue_painted

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by blue_painted » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:02 pm

@TobiHH and @Drmattymd

Yes it does, but only globally ... so that if you have a US map and a European map they will both have the same settings, unless you go and change them. What I'm asking for is the setting to go with the map, via the GEO.
Playing £300 PC with a £95 graphics card, £15 XBox controller and £65 SSD ... solid 60 fps

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Farmercaseih wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:40 pm
There is not a volume setting (liters/bushels)
That's so, there isn't ... I just keep thinking there ought to be!

Mind you, I'd like to be able to regionalise names as well ... "canola" becomes OSR, "corn" maize and so on. :)
Playing £300 PC with a £95 graphics card, £15 XBox controller and £65 SSD ... solid 60 fps

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 pm

blue_painted wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:02 pm
@TobiHH and @Drmattymd

Yes it does, but only globally ... so that if you have a US map and a European map they will both have the same settings, unless you go and change them. What I'm asking for is the setting to go with the map, via the GEO.
Don`t understand the problem. You can`t play two maps simultaneosly. So when you switch from a european to a US map, you switch the settings. Really no issue here.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 pm

TobiHH wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 pm
blue_painted wrote:
@TobiHH and @Drmattymd

Don`t understand the problem. You can`t play two maps simultaneosly. So when you switch from a european to a US map, you switch the settings. Really no issue here.
It's not a huge problem but it is untidy and it's unnecessary ... the GEO already carries a lot of geographical location information, sun angle and so could carry the other regional info. Ideally the localisation would be built into the map at game level, not needing Seasons GEO to sort it out. And while one can't play more than one map simultaneously, one can swap between save games and I do so.

girlie100

Post by girlie100 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:16 pm

TobiHH wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:09 pm
blue_painted wrote:
@TobiHH and @Drmattymd

Plus I don't want imperial measurements imposed on me
PC & Xbox One

Rahkiin
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer

Post by Rahkiin » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:33 pm

Currently the issue with using Bushels is that its not used for _all_ volume measurements. For example, you don't say 'I just put 100 bushels diesel in my tractor'. For that you use Gallons. Currently there is just 1 volume measurement we use everywhere and that is liters.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Rahkiin wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:33 pm
Currently the issue with using Bushels is that its not used for _all_ volume measurements. For example, you don't say 'I just put 100 bushels diesel in my tractor'. For that you use Gallons. Currently there is just 1 volume measurement we use everywhere and that is liters.
I hadn't thought of that ... but obvious when you see it!

Lygge

Post by Lygge » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:43 pm

TobiHH wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:09 pm
blue_painted wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am
One thing I'd love to see in GEO mods is setting the units for distance, volume and currency.

Obviously it's not important, but when playing on a USA map it's good to see dollars, and Euro on European maps, Fahrenheit and Celsius ... all those things :)
You can change the currency and distance in the general game settings.
For the temperature you can change that already in the seasons menu.
Oh thank for you allert. I try it *thumbsup*
Origin through player

Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:42 pm

It would be nice if they could put something like the unit convert mod into the next version of the game

Frag

Post by Frag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:17 pm

I saw that you guys are working on snow missions, which is awesome. Rahkiin told me earlier that it would require some map modification for the contracts. I guess it is to define the area where the snow contracts would be given (parking, streets, fields, ...)

I did not look at the code yet in the BETA branch, but I was wondering. Do you think it would be possible to have "generic town snow removing contract" where you would remove snow from the street along the street reference points (where the traffic move). By doing this, there might be a way to have those snow contracts work on any maps?

Just brainstorming here ...

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Just a random thought after reading a thread about fertilising started me thinking is there away for rewarding the use of manure and slurry when fertilising. As both methods are used to put back organic matter into the soil, no idea if it is possible or how easy it would be to implement if it was just throwing it out there.
I've recently switched to one of the beta builds and what you have done with the animal screen is fantastic, as ever many thanks for your hard work 👍

Frag

Post by Frag » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:54 pm

norfolk farmer wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:38 pm
Just a random thought after reading a thread about fertilising started me thinking is there away for rewarding the use of manure and slurry when fertilising. As both methods are used to put back organic matter into the soil, no idea if it is possible or how easy it would be to implement if it was just throwing it out there.
I've recently switched to one of the beta builds and what you have done with the animal screen is fantastic, as ever many thanks for your hard work 👍
Do you mean like a "Organic" bonus on money? Kinda like the idea, but I am not a real farmer, so I do not really know exactly what the "organic" tag would require.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Frag wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:54 pm
norfolk farmer wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:38 pm
Do you mean like a "Organic" bonus on money? Kinda like the idea, but I am not a real farmer, so I do not really know exactly what the "organic" tag would require.
I was thinking a yield bonus as you are putting more back into the soil. There is a good reason arable farmers will buy in manure.

JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:10 pm

The update for Seasons will come when Giants is finished testing it for console? If not rejected, maybe within a week?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding

girlie100

Post by girlie100 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:16 pm

I am running build 33 and on 3 different maps I have had zero patchy crop failure?

Perfect germination,growing and harvest.

I was originally running the Modhub version, updated to 30 then updated to 33. Don't know if this is because I updated during a save but it's happened on a brand new game only ever running 33?
PC & Xbox One