Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Lucass

Re: Seasons mod (op updated re: bug reports)

Post by Lucass » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:21 pm

I see. Thanks.

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Question for RM team:
Are we gonna get fixes for these issues in the near future?
viewtopic.php?t=151879

Its very annoying that we cant spread lime after harvest, soil with PCF doesnt recognize it.
I am on latest build 37 and this is still an issue.

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Lone Oak, field 22 (originally grass).
I bought this field, mowed the grass. Then I plowed it, limed it and planted the grass again - if I remember correctly at the end of summer. Now I have the last day of autumn and the grass growth is only 33%. Field is 100% fertilized.
Indeed, all summer and autumn there was very little rain and the soil was 9% moisture most of the time.
I have 6-day season.
I sowed grass on version 1.0.1.0. and I switched to beta build 37 in the 5th day of autumn but grass is still 33% growth (however last night was raining, soil is over 30% moisture).
Is it normal that grass is only 33% growth after such a long time?

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Grass growth is kinda bugged atm, even with latest build 37.
I recently reopened issue on gitlab about that and it is confirmed bug with high priority, so hopefully they will fix it soon.
https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... issues/365

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Lucass wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm
I have been playing Lone Oak for some time, with Seasons and the US Midwest GEO.
Those who use this GEO probably know that the information about frost and drought resistance for the first few crops is all green.
After uploading Seasons to build 37, this resistance became varied.
I do not understand why this was changed by the Seasons update, if GEO (I suppose) is responsible for these parameters, which I haven't updated.
Someone could look at it? ;)

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Maybe Seasons control that Geo mod, because its made by RM team, so that geo mod could be exception.
But its fixed anyway.

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:12 pm

What's going on with Grass Drying at the moment? This is something I'm having an issue with on a few maps. The latest being my Fenton Forest save where I'm playing with 6 Day Seasons. I mowed a grass field on Day 4 of Summer. On Day 5 of Summer I Tedded the Grass Swaths. On Day 6 of Summer I windrowed the Tedder Grass. At 10pm on this day the Grass still hasn't turned into Hay. I've not had any rain. Temperatures have been constantly in the High 20s, and on the Seasons Menu Drying Potential is showing as a + symbol. Yet still I can't get Hay to naturally occur on my fields.

At this point I'm seriously considering installing a Grass Dryer Mod on my saves, as trying to get Hay is a nightmare. On my Lone Oak save with 3 Day Seasons the Grass on the fields rots and disappears before it turns into Hay.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Twitch Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.twitch.tv/cwattyeso :this:

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:17 pm

In real life, it takes forever, if never, if you windrowed the wet hay (grass), then it won't every get dry. Maybe that's the issue you are having that you windrowed it too soon.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:21 pm

bojanh66 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:22 pm
Maybe Seasons control that Geo mod, because its made by RM team, so that geo mod could be exception.
But its fixed anyway.
If I remember correctly, these incorrect information about resistance were to be corrected in this GEO... and now the Midwest GEO (update) is in testing.
I'm curious what has finally been improved.
If only this - the question is whether it will need to be updated if the beta version of Seasons fixed it :)

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:03 pm

Lucass wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 pm
Lone Oak, field 22 (originally grass).
I bought this field, mowed the grass. Then I plowed it, limed it and planted the grass again - if I remember correctly at the end of summer. Now I have the last day of autumn and the grass growth is only 33%. Field is 100% fertilized.
Indeed, all summer and autumn there was very little rain and the soil was 9% moisture most of the time.
I have 6-day season.
I sowed grass on version 1.0.1.0. and I switched to beta build 37 in the 5th day of autumn but grass is still 33% growth (however last night was raining, soil is over 30% moisture).
Is it normal that grass is only 33% growth after such a long time?
Installed beta 38, then 39 nad grass is still 33% :( (1st day of winter now).
I hope it will be better next year...

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Grass doesnt grow during winter, it will stay at 33% until mid spring.
Fast forward time to the next summer and it should be 100% growth.

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:42 am

I understand that during winter grass does not grow, but as I mentioned, I sowed it at the end of summer.
Perhaps this is because it was quite dry all summer and almost all autumn.
Ps. How long (in Seasons) the grass growth?

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:26 am

It grows through transitions, each transition increase growth by 33%.
For example, it will be ready 100% at early summer,once you harvest it at early summer, it will be ready to cut again in early autumn (early summer 100%, you harvest it, it goes back to 0%, then mid summer 33%, late summer 66%, early autum 100%),then again, once you harvest it at early autumn, it will be ready again next year at early summer. (grass doesnt grow after its being harvested in autumn)
IF you are on PC, download Fast Forward mod x6000 and try to fast forward and see if grass grows.

Dont fast forward too much, give it some time to sync, fast forward only 1 day (24 hours) then wait and repeat this, you should be able to see grass growth.

OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:31 am

Sounds correct to me. The grass needs one transition to go from brown to green, then grow to 33% on the next transition. You only get two transitions from late summer to end of autumn.

Apparently grass growth is under development, so I hope we will at least be able to have two 100% mows per year in the future.

Lucass

Post by Lucass » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:02 am

bojanh66 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:26 am
It grows through transitions, each transition increase growth by 33%.
For example, it will be ready 100% at early summer,once you harvest it at early summer, it will be ready to cut again in early autumn (early summer 100%, you harvest it, it goes back to 0%, then mid summer 33%, late summer 66%, early autum 100%),then again, once you harvest it at early autumn, it will be ready again next year at early summer. (grass doesnt grow after its being harvested in autumn)
IF you are on PC, download Fast Forward mod x6000 and try to fast forward and see if grass grows.

Dont fast forward too much, give it some time to sync, fast forward only 1 day (24 hours) then wait and repeat this, you should be able to see grass growth.
So... maybe I was wrong writing that I sowed the grass at the end of summer, but it was at early autumn :hmm: Now, I'm not sure.
However, even if I sowed in early autumn, it should grow to 66% to late autumn - right? ...unless the reason is actually too much drought.
Thank you for explanation bojahn66