Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 76

reallogger

Re: [REQUEST] Add another fuel usage mode

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:18 am Besides, it wouldn't hurt anybody to just add another option to the fuel usage for players like us.
+ 1
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

SJ_Sathanas wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 am I've ran a harvester to empty, had it shut down and was forced to refuel it in the field. Can't quite recall what it was, I think one of the forestry machines.
I've had the Lindner tractor do that too on my most recent save, so they can definitely run out. Had to lease the fuel trailer to refill it.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

If you quit and restart the game when you run out of fuel, you get %10 on your tank automatically.
PS5 / FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

reallogger wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:47 am
RODHA wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:18 am Besides, it wouldn't hurt anybody to just add another option to the fuel usage for players like us.
+ 1

:biggrin2:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Seasons is doomed :o: :o: :o: :o:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

I think we all can live with hurting theSeb a bit for having another fuel usage option :coolnew:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I shall prepare a motivational speech in the style of Boris to explain why this must not be so.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:34 am I shall prepare a motivational speech in the style of Boris to explain why this must not be so.
That's the fist time I have seen those two words together..Boris/motivational !
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:40 am
theSeb wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:34 am I shall prepare a motivational speech in the style of Boris to explain why this must not be so.
That's the fist time I have seen those two words together..Boris/motivational !
That's kind of the point. :biggrin2: :hi:
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I say keep it realistic the default setting works fine
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The maint. is what needs adjusting, not the fuel...
PC gamer.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

For me, I'm not overly concerned about he fuel usage per se...my bigger issue is the fuel usage/maintenance ratio. Realizing that seasons may change this, the current game is a bit odd. A lot of things are geared towards the fact that a year can be completed in 24-48 game hours. In that sense, the maintenance is somewhat realistic. But, then the fuel usage is off.

Tillage maintenance is ridiculous. Tilling a single field can basically use up the entire equipment maintenance bar. A place-able maintenance item helps but it would be far better to have a portable maintenance trigger. A toolbox at minimum. A tool that works like the chainsaw would be nice. A truck or trailer would be very nice.

Its difficult to travel the farthest from home and have a tillage tool basically stuff out because it is so far to drive back. To add, there is no maintenance bar for the attachment, just the tractor. To go even further, it would be nice to scroll thru the items that are at the maintenance trigger point. Case in point...a header on a trailer. The trailer, which never needs much maintenance, is usually the only option.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I have over 500 hundred hours in game and i have have refueled only few times.
Why?

I play almost everyday, but not much, 2-4 hours per day, i play only one map at time, usually 200 hours per map and i have lot
of machinery, they tank will stay at 10% all the time, because when i quit and restart the game when i never run out of fuel,
i get 10% on my tank automatically.

For example, i have 20 hours on Deutz Fahr 9 series, never fueled this one, never will, i most likely switch to next map or
sell it before it will run empty.

So basically, on my perspective the fuel is not inside the game at all and just a feature that is not used, like DEF.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya pretty much, get rid of that “feature” completely. Then add another usage mode to make fuel usage something you actually have to deal with. Make the high mode like 200%.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

DeereJason wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:25 pm ...A tool that works like the chainsaw would be nice...
This is an excellent idea, one of the best I've read in my short time on this forum. I'm not a farmer, but many videos of real farmers I've seen show them tinkering with stuff in the field, be it bending a tine on a tedder back in to place or kicking a recalcitrant pin or whatever.

I realise there are portable toolboxes and field service wagons, but scrolling forward on the mouse button and seeing a spanner appear in your hand rather than a chainsaw...

Would this be possible as a mod? If so I will have to learn how to mod, if not, (In best Captain Picard voice) Make it so GIANTS! Please :biggrin2: