Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 76

redglasses

[REQUEST] Add another fuel usage mode

Post by redglasses »

Back when the game was being hyped up, on stream they were yr alking about how the fuel usage was much more then in previous titles. They talked about how after one bailing mission they had nearly run out of fuel. This of course turned out to be a clear lie. I think we need another mode in the game for fuel usage, something like a high mode. What do you guys think?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
dapals51

Re: [REQUEST] Add another fuel usage mode

Post by dapals51 »

Need a mod for repairs more than fuel imho
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

One thing plus another thing does not equal lie. What if they found when testing, that most people found increased fuel usage to be arbitrary or adding nothing to the game and left it out? No lie. And given you have the same evidence as I do. My assertion is just as likely to be correct as yours. Only mine is an example, not a statement of fact based upon nothing more than a feeling.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Go from the two fuel usage settings today to three:
Low (50%)
Realistic (100%)
High (150%)
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

malachi6 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:24 pm One thing plus another thing does not equal lie. What if they found when testing, that most people found increased fuel usage to be arbitrary or adding nothing to the game and left it out? No lie. And given you have the same evidence as I do. My assertion is just as likely to be correct as yours. Only mine is an example, not a statement of fact based upon nothing more than a feeling.
I'm sure it would add alot to the game. They call it a simulator but you can go an entire year without refueling. Ok dude.
My Discord
garyst

Post by garyst »

Cultivated with a JD 8r the other day for about two hours with the meter on dead empty and the tractor never stopped going. After saving the game and coming back on the next day the meter added a little bit of fuel to the tractor. Think it is impossible to run anything out of fuel thus meaning the thundercreek trailer and any other fuel refill mods are pointless on this game. Wish giants would fix this, or like you said a modder figures out how to make equipment run out of fuel faster.
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

redglasses wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:30 am I'm sure it would add alot to the game. They call it a simulator but you can go an entire year without refueling. Ok dude.
It may alter the game, agreed. Doesn't alter the fallacy of your opening statement though.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

They would also need to rebalance the economy around fuel usage and generally re-think what's going on with it.

Fuel cost per acre vs crop income per acre is an issue.

Another issue would be tool size vs work time. Using a 3m cultivator for 2 hours vs using a 6m cultivator for 1h.
On the same tractor, you would need more power to pull the 6m, so more fuel.
What if you used a 100hp tractor on the 3m and a 300hp on the 6m?

I think that those are realism vs gameplay questions more than anything else.
Surely a good thing to work out in my opinion, but I doubt it would happen in FS19.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

redglasses wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:30 am
malachi6 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:24 pm One thing plus another thing does not equal lie. What if they found when testing, that most people found increased fuel usage to be arbitrary or adding nothing to the game and left it out? No lie. And given you have the same evidence as I do. My assertion is just as likely to be correct as yours. Only mine is an example, not a statement of fact based upon nothing more than a feeling.
I'm sure it would add alot to the game. They call it a simulator but you can go an entire year without refueling. Ok dude.
You can? I play on large maps with large fields at 1x speed. I end up having to refuel at the end of a day if the machine has been working the whole day which is pretty realistic. The fuel usage does not scale with time setting, which makes sense if you consider the game.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Oh I can, I don't play huge fields. Note: I don't have seasons yet so a year is about 10 hours of gameplay for me. I'm not saying remove the normal setting just saying add another one.
My Discord
Guil

Post by Guil »

Seasons or not, 1x is 1x.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Guil wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 am Seasons or not, 1x is 1x.
Yup. That’s exactly it. 10 hours is pretty much what a machine is designed to run for on a tank.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I also fast time in there aswell. Usually play on 5x then sleep nights. One whole cycle takes about 3 days for me. I don't fill up once in those three days. Usually a tank will take me longer then those 3 days.
My Discord
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

dapals51 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:22 pm Need a mod for repairs more than fuel imho
The good old toolbox is in testing for console!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
iB055

Post by iB055 »

GenXFarmer wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:29 am Go from the two fuel usage settings today to three:
Low (50%)
Realistic (100%)
High (150%)
These would be ideal settings provided the usage was adjusted accordingly for each setting.

Another thing to address would be if the vehicle is low on fuel when you save & quit and restart later they always load with more fuel than they had prior to quitting.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro