FDR Logging & Grizzly Mountain

Tylercheesey1986

Re: FDR Logging & Grizzly Mountain

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I'm persistent, found a few contact options. Maybe a patreon donation might nudge a reply
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

iB055 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:04 am Well that is unfortunate news about GM. I feel they could have at least corrected some of the issues before abandoning it but I do understand it is their choice. Seasons for consoles is still a ways off from really being a concern of mine in regards to GM although now learning that it will not be updated, I no longer have a reason to continue progress on GM as some of the issues are game breakers for me and my play style.

Don't get me wrong though I like Willamina for logging however I prefered the layout of GM for both logging and farming as well as the overall look and feel.
Please list the current issues you are having with the map. I want to make sure they are the same ones that I know about. IF the map was ever updated some of the fixes that I know of would required a new save game because FS19 saves them to the your savegame such as the land sculpting/placeable issues.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Got this response from FDR Logging himself.

http://www.fdrlogging.com/faq
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Obviously that is bleak news for Grizzly Mountain on console.
To give you some good news in the mist of all this...I'm a few weeks away from being done with Oasis Springs which is more farmer friendly in respect to multiple sell points being spread out across the map and a BGA has been added as well. It will be seasons ready even though snow in the desert is kinda weird. lol Join my discord to keep up-to-date with the status. :)
Tylercheesey1986

Thank you Catalyzer. Might stick with your maps from now, you seem to be more sympathetic to us console players
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
50-120 head.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:53 pm Thank you Catalyzer. Might stick with your maps from now, you seem to be more sympathetic to us console players
I try. :) All maps that I make will hit consoles eventually. If its decided to add scripts to it then that version of the map will be release on my discord for PC players but the base map will hit consoles first. Beta versions of the maps will be available for PC players to get feedback so when it hits console testing it will be less likely to fail.
Tylercheesey1986

Your a champion! Thank you for all your effort
50-120 head.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

No further discussion needed. This can be locked.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
MarkDeere205

Post by MarkDeere205 »

That was a great explanation by FDR. I think Giants should consider getting him on the payroll for all things logging.
I play on Xbox 1 in Michigan
wafflehatjoe

Post by wafflehatjoe »

Honestly the lack of replys from FDR is simply because hes answered all the questions about console 100 times. I understand not everyone has watched alot of his videos. It's not that he doesn't want to support console exactly. The way he explained it in a live stream during the making of grizzly mountain made a lot of sense to me anyway. the way FDR summed it up was that basically Giants/Sony/Microsoft as a whole want him to dumb his mods down to a lesser quality then he wants to release. And in order to make things console ready you have to submit the mod, wait for giants to tell you "Nope you need to change X,X,X,X and X things." you do the work resubmit and repeat that process. It takes alot of time to get something console ready. And as for his equipment, giants doesn't approve of the way his grapples work with physics. They want the wet noodle grapples like they have released as default. Iv tried the ones on the mod hub and they IMO are just eye candy, they look great but are not that functional.