Lag on 4x map a graphics card issue?

Deadeye

Re: Lag on 4x map a graphics card issue?

Post by Deadeye »

Napalm wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:35 pm
Deadeye wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:07 pm ......I see that Guil mentioned that it may be my processor. If that is the case I may be stuck, as a processor is not as easily replaced as a GPU.....
You will easily be able to upgrade to a Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 without issue as all the AMD boards are compatible.
Due to the recent release of the Zen2 Ryzen processors the 2xxx series of Ryzen CPUs have dropped in price.

I run a Ryzen 5 2600, Nvidia GTX1060 6GB OC and 16GB RAM and getting a constant 50-60FPS with everything on Max, that is also on some heavily modded maps although I have not tried a 4x map.
Interesting to know! Might have to give that a shot too. Just purchased a GTX 1660 6gb this morning. I'll see what that does first. Thanks all for the help. Happy Farming!
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
svkb

Post by svkb »

I find I'm a lot less tolerant of frame rate dips in this game than others. For example, I play battlefield with Ray Tracing on and get anywhere between 50-60 fps. I rarely notice when it goes below 60 but I know it does because I'm monitoring. However, in FS I can tell the instant it dips below 60 because the tire rotation "stutters" I find this extremely jarring and it COMPLETELY ruins the immersion for me.
So, I'm forever chasing the elusive 60 fps locked target. My rig should handle it easily, though the cpu is dated it's rarely running more than 70% on one core.
Some maps are worse than others. Some maps will get fps drops when doing a certain task like plowing or spreading lime/fertilizer. Others get drops when looking at heavily treed areas. Never in these instances are the pc resources being used to the fullest so it's a game/map design issue.

Very frustrating when a map you've been waiting for is not playable because of stutter. I don't blame the modder because it likely works fine in their rig. However, there are certain modders that have released several maps and every single one of them exhibit the same issue, so in those cases I suspect there is something that they're doing/implementing that doesn't play nice with the game engine.

So far the best 4x map that I've played for fps consistency is Midwest Horizon, but even that one has stutters when looking at certain spots.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
farmer hudson

Post by farmer hudson »

it could be the dynamic mud. there is a setting that you can turn off the mud. there is also a video on the farmer klein channel called map first impressions that explains all that
Guil

Post by Guil »

farmer hudson wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:51 pm it could be the dynamic mud. there is a setting that you can turn off the mud. there is also a video on the farmer klein channel called map first impressions that explains all that
Welcome to the forum, this thread was created long before the mud mod.
Strange first post tbh
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Ive done some testing on this topic and I my results were that it’s a game limitation. Trees are a main culprit but heavy script mods will also cause lag without maxing out your computer (if you have a capable pc).
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I have a pretty good PC and FS is the only game where i'm not able to keep a solid 60fps

This game is very badly optimized and only use 1 core..I really hope they will focus on this aspect for the next generation.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)