tractor wheel setups, do they make a difference?

p0wd3rp1l0t

tractor wheel setups, do they make a difference?

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

do different wheel setups (wide tires, duals, tracks) make a difference as far as traction or pulling implements is concerned? I just started playing fs19 and haven't had too much time to test it out a bunch. I know narrow tires doesn't damage crops, but as far as everything else as far as setups go, I have no clue if one is beneficial over another. thanks for any info-
Gaming PC
Sinclaircool

Re: tractor wheel setups, do they make a difference?

Post by Sinclaircool »

Well there's more tyre on the road or gravel or dirt so I can't see why this wouldn't be implemented
Don't leak mods
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

In real world, tires do make a difference, varying from application to geographical. Along with compaction to power to the ground
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I haven't checked into it in FS19 a lot, but I did in FS17.

The more tire to the ground doesn't necessarily translate more traction..as in real life, it could be the opposite. In order to increase traction, you need to add weight. Some vehicles have more base weight than others.

If you are driving fast, pulling a trailer and you cant control the turn, add rear wheel weights and try again. Weight, placement and tires all matter.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Unfortunately in the base FS19 we have now, I do not think wide or duals matter. In FS17 with MR mod, it did make a difference, but there is no MR for FS19 so as far as I know, it’s just make-believe as of yet.
Hopefully some great modder can make a mod that actually makes a difference, until then it doesn’t matter what setup you use (apart from narrow as pointed out)
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

From my experience different setups do have a slight difference, as stated narrows dont damage crop but also allow you to drive through crop at higher speeds than standards and also turn best. standards turn better than wides. weights tend to give more traction, tracks seem to transfer more power and give best traction.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

They make a difference on massive hills. I mainly use tracked or very wide tires on rogue river as the hills are mostly 45 degree angles. But it's not a huge difference
G'day
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

The FS19 game implements traction that increases with the total ground contact. It can also be scaled up /down in XML when using tracks for instance. You can check wheel slippage using the console command gsVehicleDebugPhysics.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I’ve never noticed this myself, and was used to MR if FS17, where the difference was very realistic but If they do make a difference I stand corrected
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

the only tractor where i noticed a difference was the 2wd T6 mod, it had little traction working on a small hill, so i had to switch over to regular duals to get it done.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

I always try to pick the tyre i would use in real life, that's why i sometimes have two of the same tractors with different tyre setups, as in RL you wouldn't swap the tyres all the time, you would have a tractor set up for a certain job in the season you are in, you may change lets say for winter work where the ground is a lot softer, or narrows when you are in spraying season. as them making a difference in game i do think they make a difference, this was noticeable for me on New Wood-Shire with the hills, i had to change to Dualie's to get more traction on the hills as single tyres were struggling.
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

i understand how the tire setups work in real life, i just wasn't sure if any of that transferred over to the game. i hate duals in the game because they can be a pain to use at times. i will try a few tire setups out to see if there are any differences. i am trying to pull implements that are slightly over my current tractors hp rating so looking for any edge i can get. thanks to all who had something positive to add to this-
Gaming PC
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

p0wd3rp1l0t wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:26 pm i understand how the tire setups work in real life, i just wasn't sure if any of that transferred over to the game. i hate duals in the game because they can be a pain to use at times. i will try a few tire setups out to see if there are any differences. i am trying to pull implements that are slightly over my current tractors hp rating so looking for any edge i can get. thanks to all who had something positive to add to this-
As I wrote earlier, it is indeed implemented in game. Again use gsVehicleDebugPhysics to observe wheel slip and how it gets less with more traction (duals etc).
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

p0wd3rp1l0t wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:26 pm i understand how the tire setups work in real life, i just wasn't sure if any of that transferred over to the game. i hate duals in the game because they can be a pain to use at times. i will try a few tire setups out to see if there are any differences. i am trying to pull implements that are slightly over my current tractors hp rating so looking for any edge i can get. thanks to all who had something positive to add to this-
Well Weights as said before will definitely help, try wide tires too if you don't like Duals. i don't like them either and only used when i have to
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding