Post by BreadedVirus »

ross4481 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:37 pm Hi hope FS21 will be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjktKhNkiao
No chance
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Farming Girl

Re: About FS21

Post by Farming Girl »

Ok so with FS21, If indeed it is 21 and not 22, the next generation of consoles will be out, however most people will still have there current versions i would have thought, so how big of an improvement we see i'm not sure.
Tec Radar

Microsoft officially announced its next generation hardware, in the form of the enigmatic Project Scarlett, during its E3 2019 conference. Due for release "Holiday 2020", Project Scarlett is apparently four times more powerful than the Xbox One X with the ability to run games at 120FPS and potentially 8K
And although the detail on Forza is very high, all they have to consider is moving cars, FS has a lot more in the game, such as loads of equipment, growing crops animals and so on, this all puts a bigger drain on resources of your hardware, and as the game is limited by console, you may have to wait until the next generation of FS after 21 to see it make use of the new capabilities of the consoles.

However it would be nice to have that detail! when you look at the progress of games in the last 10 years im sure it will come in time, and be even better that that as well
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Traditionally, every second release has been a graphics overhaul, and the other seconds have been featured overhauls. Of course both have been updated in all releases, but they have alternated on which gets a major bump. FS19 was a graphics release, which, if following this formula, means that FS21 should primarily focus on some major feature(s). Could also make sense, as the new generation consoles will be more settled by the time FS23 will be developed.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

I really NOT hope for a FS21 at all, because when everything is on top like in fs17 a new game came in half finished and without offcorse no mods. And mods testing stops for the older game. Fs17 was really becoming great with so may great stuffs and then 19 came and took it all over. I have gone back an forward between theese but when mods for fs17 stops the game dies a bit ( im on console ) .. so no i really hope fs19 will stay for 4 years and not 2 years this time
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

FS will never look or perform like that unless another company took over.
Excuses include:
Company too small.
Consoles are too cheap to handle it.
This game is already state of the art and done the only possible way in this day and age.
They're not as big as RockStar and don't have the resources.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No no no! Hopefully it wont be taken over
eric21

Post by eric21 »

BearClaw wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm I really NOT hope for a FS21 at all, because when everything is on top like in fs17 a new game came in half finished and without offcorse no mods. And mods testing stops for the older game. Fs17 was really becoming great with so may great stuffs and then 19 came and took it all over. I have gone back an forward between theese but when mods for fs17 stops the game dies a bit ( im on console ) .. so no i really hope fs19 will stay for 4 years and not 2 years this time
Fs17 started pretty rough too
jzilla

Post by jzilla »

I'd prefer they optimize the current engine before trying to upgrade it again.

Also would prefer gameplay gets overhauled way before graphics do.
ross4481

Post by ross4481 »

jzilla wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm I'd prefer they optimize the current engine before trying to upgrade it again.

Also would prefer gameplay gets overhauled way before graphics do.
It's a very good idea, indeed i advised the FS19 developers to remove all shadows or fade them when rains o it's cloudy, because the "truth" is in the details. Also because this update should be easy to do and it makes a lot of realism, decreasing GPU effort.