Autodrive Mod

Redrummed
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Autodrive Mod

Post by Redrummed » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:19 am

Hey, has many people on here used this mod, I have been reading the githib and looking at some videos on it, looks great. Would you recommend it?

I know it's time consuming to setup but once it's done it's done.

I am a vertern of courseplay, been there from the start, their mode 2 not working at the moment has pushed me towards autodrive. Although courseplay is still excellent for fieldwork.

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Doc3d » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:51 am

I have it in my modfolder, but haven’t gotten that into it yet. I think it works best with wide open spaces like the current American maps. I tend to play on quite tight and twisty maps, so I have found less use for it so far. I’m still trying to get into the habit of using it, just not there yet.

And the mod itself works pretty well once you get the hang of it

empcris
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:15 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by empcris » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:40 am

It's a bit complicated to do the routes, but you only do it once for the map you use, after which it's just convenient. There are several tutorials on youtube. For default maps, there are already some routes made

Dave-The Shires
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:33 am

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Dave-The Shires » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:56 pm

I was sceptical of autodrive too, but since giving it a go I use it a lot now. if you like automating routes with courseplay then you will like autodrive too. try it out on ravenport , a lot of the routes are on it included with the mod.

Pict
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Pict » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:52 am

Redrummed wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:19 am
Hey, has many people on here used this mod, I have been reading the githib and looking at some videos on it, looks great. Would you recommend it?

I know it's time consuming to setup but once it's done it's done.

I am a vertern of courseplay, been there from the start, their mode 2 not working at the moment has pushed me towards autodrive. Although courseplay is still excellent for fieldwork.
Yes, I've been using it a lot lately for the very reason that you mentioned and I highly recommend it. At this point it's worth noting that the authors of both Autodrive & Courseplay are now collaborating so that you can use both together in a way that they recognize and compliment each other, which is really good news, if not recent news as they have been doing this since May. See here https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues/3820

Autodrive is easy enough to use and as you are building a network you can start right away and expand your network as you expand your farm. There is also an editor that comes with Autodrive and although it's initially a little more difficult to get started with, it's super easy once you get going and really makes tweaking & polishing your nework a breeze compared to doing it in game.

What map/s are you using? I might have a basic network for you get started and mess around with.

IseOlen
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by IseOlen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:12 am

Using CP+AD - can I create a work order:
1. drive from home to field 1
2. use CP course 1_6m to work the field
3. drive to field 2
4. use CP course 2_6m to work the field
5. Drive from field 2 to home
so that I would set helper off from home and he would return after 2(or more) fields have been done?

Haven't tried AD as I don't see in which way is it better than CP.

Pict
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Pict » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 am

No you can't make that style of work order where multiple tasks are stacked one on top of another happen, as far as I am aware at the current time, at least without some input from you between tasks.

It would work for point 1 & 2. So you start at home (or anywhere you have an AD network) and tell the tractor to unload field 1 to X, it will drive to field 1 and look for the combine, that you need to have set up, either with the helper or CP. The tractor will then drive to field 1 and unload to wherever you told it to. Once that's done you would need to do the same for field 2.

Like I said, that's just as I understand it. If you want better info, best to ask the developer https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS19_AutoDrive or even get involved in the suggestions for improvement at github in the link above. I'm sure that linking tasks together like this would be possible, if not already done, they are the people to ask.

If you don't try it, it will be pretty hard to see where it is better or worse than CP. The CP people were open to ideas of having both working together, where CP did the field work & AD did the running around, so that tells a story of it's own I reckon.

As far as I can see, AD doesn't do field work, other than driving to a combine and unloading it. But it is better than CP on the road as it drives to the road conditions, whereas CP drives the way you drove the recording or at a set speed. This makes AD more universal for any vehicle and easier to record as you can run fast, slow or stop altogether without affecting the result.

Also AD forms a network that you can easily expand or edit. That's not remotely easy to do in CP, and the end result is not anywhere near as good.

It's worth bearing in mind that both are still in active development & both are being developed to compliment each other.

george.earlslight
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am
Location: Europe

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by george.earlslight » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:51 pm

Pict wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 am
It's worth bearing in mind that both are still in active development & both are being developed to compliment each other.
Autodrive is not in active development anymore.
https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS19_AutoD ... -464857742

Redrummed
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Redrummed » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Pict wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:52 am
Redrummed wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:19 am
Hey, has many people on here used this mod, I have been reading the githib and looking at some videos on it, looks great. Would you recommend it?

I know it's time consuming to setup but once it's done it's done.

I am a vertern of courseplay, been there from the start, their mode 2 not working at the moment has pushed me towards autodrive. Although courseplay is still excellent for fieldwork.
Yes, I've been using it a lot lately for the very reason that you mentioned and I highly recommend it. At this point it's worth noting that the authors of both Autodrive & Courseplay are now collaborating so that you can use both together in a way that they recognize and compliment each other, which is really good news, if not recent news as they have been doing this since May. See here https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay/issues/3820

Autodrive is easy enough to use and as you are building a network you can start right away and expand your network as you expand your farm. There is also an editor that comes with Autodrive and although it's initially a little more difficult to get started with, it's super easy once you get going and really makes tweaking & polishing your nework a breeze compared to doing it in game.

What map/s are you using? I might have a basic network for you get started and mess around with.
I am using " this is Ireland" map from contest, starting messing around with it last night, quite easy to setup routes. Can definitely see myself using it.
If courseplay and autodrive work together it has to be a winner

Redrummed
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Redrummed » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:50 pm

george.earlslight wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:51 pm
Pict wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 am
It's worth bearing in mind that both are still in active development & both are being developed to compliment each other.
Autodrive is not in active development anymore.
https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS19_AutoD ... -464857742
He is still active just not as much as before, courseplay integration is still ongoing

Redrummed
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Redrummed » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:01 pm

https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS19_AutoDrive/releases.

Nice update this evening from the author. Really liking this mod such ease to use

User avatar
alpha117
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by alpha117 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:59 am

Agree, just started with it yesterday, once you understand the process, its very good.
Can it do field courses aka CP?

Just setting up Oakfield, with all the routes. Turn off traffic while you do the setup is a good idea...lol!

Hopefully Farmer Klien, will do one of his fantastic 'how to' videos :coolnew:

george.earlslight
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am
Location: Europe

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by george.earlslight » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:34 am

alpha117 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:59 am
Agree, just started with it yesterday, once you understand the process, its very good.
Can it do field courses aka CP?

Just setting up Oakfield, with all the routes. Turn off traffic while you do the setup is a good idea...lol!

Hopefully Farmer Klien, will do one of his fantastic 'how to' videos :coolnew:
Open Felsbrunn with the Autodrive edit mode enabled, they have most routes already laid out of the box.
It will be easier to make your own routes once you understand how they did those.

As for fields, no. It's not a CP replacement. CP if best for fieldwork, AD for getting to places.
What it can do to help your fieldwork is take over reloading fertilizer/seeds/lime from CP. So when the implement is empty, AD takes over, drives to a loading point and then returns to the field for CP to take back control.
It can also be used to unload combines, which at the moment I prefer over CPs unfinished mode.

User avatar
alpha117
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by alpha117 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks for that George.

IseOlen
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by IseOlen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:25 am

How good is AD with taking into account trailer weight+road conditions? That is something CP doesn't do - you have to create routes based on "worst conditions".

Post Reply