Autodrive Mod

alpha117

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by alpha117 »

IseOlen wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:26 am Using loading wagon with CP to load grass. How to unload using AD?
1. You must have an AutoDrive network
2. unload target also on network

Once this is done then change the AD mode to 'Deliver' , then start AD.

NB this will only 'deliver' the product to the target.

Also the current version of AD is V1.0.4.4
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

So basically I can't use AD to unload and return to field so CP can continue fieldwork? Isn't that the whole point of using CP+AD?
I've created extensive AD network with all the silos/sellpoints targeted.
So far I would say:
1. AD is good for getting to target X.
It's useful but unfortunately that's about it.
Problems/shortcomings:
1. Targets are problematic - in case the (un)loading target is small, you will have problems with different size equipment - trailer/seeder/fertilizer etc has to be precisely on loading point when tractor stops at target.
2. When combining CP+AD for fieldwork+loading/unloading you will have problems when AD takes over and goes straight to nearest network point (other side of the wall for example). When using just CP the unloading course always starts in specific place and CP drives tractors to it nicely.
3. Traffic is problematic - it sometimes just stops around AD-driven vehicle. Sometimes the car in front of AD-vehicle stops so AD-vehicle is just blocked.
4. I could not figure out how to connect two-way lines in AD.
5. When AD vehicle reaches destination you get a message but no shortcut to get to vehicle (CP-messages are clickable). Annoying, when you have lots of vehicles, so TAB-ing is tedious.
There's potential, but seems a bit unfinished atm.
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

CP + AD works perfectly together: follow this:

Got this reply from OPA -ANDRE over on CP GITHUB...

As you say refilling, I assume you want to fertilize / lime your field…
First make sure you're using the actual versions of the CP & AD mods.
You already should have created an AD network created with defined named network points to your field and to your refilling station. In AD select Mode 5 (loading course - its the next one after "combine unload"). In the upper line you select your stop point near the field, in the lower line you select your loading station (for example fertilizer sellpoint or silo) and depending of your used equipment what you want to refill (fertilizer, lime, seeds, etc.). Now start running the AD course. If your vehicle attachments (seeder, fertilizer etc.) are currently completely empty, it will drive to the refill Station, refill and then drive to your field Destination. If it's not empty, it will drive directly to your field.
When arriving at the field destination, AD will wait - so this time you'll have to switch off AD.
Now use CP to create your field work route. Before starting the course, select in the CP Options menu that you want to use AD for refilling.
Now start the CP fieldwork course.
What will happen:
CP is doing the fieldwork. As soon as your implements are empty, CP will "internally" make a note of the actual fieldwork position and will switch on AD automatically. AD will then check for the closest AD waypoint in its driving network and steer directly to it. As it reaches the network it then will drive its own route from it to the refill Station, refill and drive back to the field destination. Then it will signal that it reached "the end" of its course. CP will then take over again, driving straight from this point to the before noted fieldwork position and continue with the fieldwork.
Two notes:
1. Make sure in your AD driving network that you are able to reach the network from any place / location in the field without obstacles being in your way. The same of course applies for the way from the fieldborder (AD field destination point) to any location within the field.
2. Plan your setup on beforehand because when you run into problems (for example obstacles in the way during the time while CP is using AD for refilling) then stop CP first, before stopping AD. Otherwise if you just stop AD manually, CP will interpret this as "refill done" and will use a straight way from the current position of your vehicle back to the current field work points.

...AD +CP works perfectly together, what a great combination

V1.0.4.4 solved the AI traffic issue

How to connect together 2 way routes: both end of the single connection have to be connected so it makes a two way and not a single way. Also the AD editor is easier and quicker to see and make changes to the network,especially at junctions where it can look 'messy', but in the editor it makes it clearer to 'see' and clean up

Also bear in mind that AD 'is not in active development', but there have been a few updates over the last few days, also both teams are working together in getting both AD and CP working better together.
Balu_

Post by Balu_ »

@IseOlen: all your complaints with AD are already fixed/improved. Just make Sure to use the latest Versions of AD and CP.

AutoDrive will also use pathfinding when leaving the field to refill/unload. It was simply not used by CP until about Yesterday :-)

And regarding different sized equipment: AD will refill/unload at any trigger while approaching (20m) the target destination. So you only have to consider the absolute longest vehicles when creating a destination. No need to be precise.
Balu_

Post by Balu_ »

Oh and switching to the vehicle which has just arrrived/printed a message is also possible, If you assign a key for it.

The thing that is mostly missing from the mod is a thorough readme/Tutorial :-)
Redrummed

Post by Redrummed »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:40 am
alpha117 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:46 am AD Course Editor..need some pointers if possible

Load Config: AD config XML in the save game folder?
Load Map: tried the farm zip(Oakfield..no go on that)

Thanks
Load Config: AD config XML as you said
Load Map: Open the map .zip and look for the preview picture file. It should be the one you see when you open the in-game map.
It's a .dds extension file if I remember correctly, probably the biggest size in the folder. Copy it somewhere and select it from there.

Where do i find the editor application??? I have checked through the folders of autodrive and cannot see and application for map editing???
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

You are already on it over on GITHub
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

If you want to use the AD editor you MUST have JAVA installed
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

CoursePlay can now use the AutoDrive Network all from the CP GUI...just gets better and better
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Never used AutoDrive, looks like I will need to give it a try.

I was sure that CP was superior to AD...and that there was no need for both.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

AutoDrive: very good for setting up a road/track network

CoursePlay: For Fieldwork and all the other first class modes it uses
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I will probably find it by myself, but is autodrive can replace Combi Mode in CP?

IE : Tractor drive to combine and unload to silo? or AD will only be to start from the field to the silo?
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
x3SGTEx

Post by x3SGTEx »

You'll have to make points for autodrive to function in that way.

Set one point to the field the combine is working on and a point to the silo.

Set the tractor that'll be running back and forth to combine mode and it will wait for the combine to call it at your field point.

As a note it's set to see combines up to 300 meters. So depending on your field. It may get out of reach to see the combine calling it. You can edit the file to increase its look out range.
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller
Redrummed

Post by Redrummed »

alpha117 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 pm AutoDrive: very good for setting up a road/track network

CoursePlay: For Fieldwork and all the other first class modes it uses
Top notch stuff. Been on it all weekend, so easy to set up courses now. Love that you can add to your network so seamlessly.
x3SGTEx

Post by x3SGTEx »

You can just click the X on it.

Left alt + 0 to bring it back up
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller