Autodrive Mod

Doc3d

Re: Autodrive Mod

Post by Doc3d »

IseOlen wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:25 am How good is AD with taking into account trailer weight+road conditions? That is something CP doesn't do - you have to create routes based on "worst conditions".
It will automatically slow down in turn and intersections, but you set the speed and that is maintained, so if you set 70km/h, it will try to keep that speed, regardless of load or condition. So you can set it to a more realistic value, like 30 or 40km/h or whatever you want.

In CP I tend to drive carefully and use the ‘from recording’ setting. That usually works, but there is no such setting in AD
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

AD Course Editor..need some pointers if possible

Load Config: AD config XML in the save game folder?
Load Map: tried the farm zip(Oakfield..no go on that)

Thanks
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

alpha117 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:46 am AD Course Editor..need some pointers if possible

Thanks
Load Config: AD config XML as you said
Load Map: Open the map .zip and look for the preview picture file. It should be the one you see when you open the in-game map.
It's a .dds extension file if I remember correctly, probably the biggest size in the folder. Copy it somewhere and select it from there.
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

cheers George
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

I've looked, but cannot find it.. :confusednew:
Pict

Post by Pict »

alpha117 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:46 am AD Course Editor..need some pointers if possible

Thanks
Like I said above, the editor takes a little more to set up than AD itself. With that in mind I was thinking about putting together some simple picture tutorial with some tips to help anyone struggling to get it set up.

For now with regards to your questions;

Load Config:When you start out with AD and record anything, you need not just to update AD with the little circular arrows button, but you also need to save your game. If not all is lost.

So in your save game folder you will find the AD .xml needed for the AD editor. It's recommended that you copy this to another folder to work on it in the editor.

Load Map: The "map" AD editor is looking for, is the pda_map_H.dds that you see in game where you buy land ans so on. This file is found in FS19_Oakfield.zip\maps\ , but AD editor cannot read it as a .dds file, but needs it to be converted to .png first. This is where it gets to be slightly complicated :)

Fortunately "yankee42" has developed an editor for CP, https://github.com/yankee42/courseplay-osm-converter/ already encountered this problem and made a java scrip program to do the converting called courseconvert.jar , I think it even extracts the pda from that map .zip too, but I just do that myself. A direct link to download "yankee42's" cool little courseconvert.jar program here if you struggle to find it on the main site above https://github.com/CourseplayPathEditor ... y-Editor-6

Once you have your AD .xml copied from your save game and your pda converted to .png in your new work folder, open AD editor and load both files.

You will need to maximize the window and scroll on the map with your mouse wheel to get everything in sync. The buttons look like the are still pressed but work none the less.

I will try to attach a converted pda for you to get you going, no idea if it will work :)

Edit, doesn't want to work...will try and figure a way of doing it...

Take #2 :)

Ok I tested this out and it works. Here's what you have to do...

Click on the thumbnail below, then right click on the pda and selct save image as, then name it Oakfield.png and put it in your AD editor work folder we made above earlier :)

NB you can name it as you like, but you must use the .png or it won't work. Good luck.

george.earlslight

Pict wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks

The "map" AD editor is looking for, is the pda_map_H.dds that you see in game where you buy land ans so on. This file is found in FS19_Oakfield.zip\maps\ , but AD editor cannot read it as a .dds file, but needs it to be converted to .png first. This is where it gets to be slightly complicated :)

https://www.aconvert.com/image/dds-to-png/
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

First class as always

thanks
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

OK, created a PNG using George's link
loaded both files into editor and all I get is a white screen
george.earlslight

alpha117 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:43 am OK, created a PNG using George's link
loaded both files into editor and all I get is a white screen
If you open the png, do you see the map you'd see in-game?
Try to load the xml again, press the full screen button on the window, resize the window not necessarily in that order, try to play around a bit.
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

1.0.4.1 has been released

Now using editor OK, but cannot load 4X maps into the editor, anyone had any luck with 4X maps and the routes?

Thanks
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Next question is how do you link the CoursePlay field course for the 'refill/unload'.

So, in CP during the filed work it want to refill, how do you link to CP; so that CP then uses AD for the refill.
Yes, I've turn on 'use AutoDrive' in CP GUI

Thanks
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Got this reply from OPA -ANDRE over on CP GITHUB...

As you say refilling, I assume you want to fertilize / lime your field…
First make sure you're using the actual versions of the CP & AD mods.
You already should have created an AD network created with defined named network points to your field and to your refilling station. In AD select Mode 5 (loading course - its the next one after "combine unload"). In the upper line you select your stop point near the field, in the lower line you select your loading station (for example fertilizer sellpoint or silo) and depending of your used equipment what you want to refill (fertilizer, lime, seeds, etc.). Now start running the AD course. If your vehicle attachments (seeder, fertilizer etc.) are currently completely empty, it will drive to the refill Station, refill and then drive to your field Destination. If it's not empty, it will drive directly to your field.
When arriving at the field destination, AD will wait - so this time you'll have to switch off AD.
Now use CP to create your field work route. Before starting the course, select in the CP Options menu that you want to use AD for refilling.
Now start the CP fieldwork course.
What will happen:
CP is doing the fieldwork. As soon as your implements are empty, CP will "internally" make a note of the actual fieldwork position and will switch on AD automatically. AD will then check for the closest AD waypoint in its driving network and steer directly to it. As it reaches the network it then will drive its own route from it to the refill Station, refill and drive back to the field destination. Then it will signal that it reached "the end" of its course. CP will then take over again, driving straight from this point to the before noted fieldwork position and continue with the fieldwork.
Two notes:
1. Make sure in your AD driving network that you are able to reach the network from any place / location in the field without obstacles being in your way. The same of course applies for the way from the fieldborder (AD field destination point) to any location within the field.
2. Plan your setup on beforehand because when you run into problems (for example obstacles in the way during the time while CP is using AD for refilling) then stop CP first, before stopping AD. Otherwise if you just stop AD manually, CP will interpret this as "refill done" and will use a straight way from the current position of your vehicle back to the current field work points.

...AD +CP works perfectly together, what a great combination
Nokiafyr28

Post by Nokiafyr28 »

I got this Issues om My dedicated server
XML file 'AutoDrive_Ravenport_init_config.xml' is too big. Size 0.34 MB (max. 0.25 MB)
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Using loading wagon with CP to load grass. How to unload using AD?