No
18%
No preference
7%

Total votes: 85

OleStringBean55

[REQUEST] Irrigation Systems In Farming Simulator 2021

Post by OleStringBean55 »

Please add irrigation systems i think it would be a good addition and add an option where you don't have to use irrigation systems
Edit by Guil, added poll.
Cowboy5130

Re: [REQUEST] Irrigation Systems In Farming Simulator 2021

Post by Cowboy5130 »

I foresee guil being in this thread in the near future
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Who dare summon me haha. What's wrong with the thread?
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

You should have made this a Poll thread, I'd vote for irrigation for sure.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Irrigation systems are still rare in central europe, which is where most of the players live. But global warming will fix this for sure and when these systems finds its ways to germany and neighboring countrys, i'm sure they will find their ways into the game all by itself.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I vote irrigation too.
The only thing on my place that is green is where our Southern Cross Sx20 & Sx50 irrigators reach.
Can't remember what rain feels like, had to sell off this years wieners way early to scratch through till spring IMHO they are to small but we don't want to lose breeders
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Guil

Post by Guil »

I've added a poll so go forth and vote.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

juf.de wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:54 am Irrigation systems are still rare in central europe, which is where most of the players live. But global warming will fix this for sure and when these systems finds its ways to germany and neighboring countrys, i'm sure they will find their ways into the game all by itself.
Seeing how about every single global warming prediction ever made was completely wrong and even the nut jobs that were pushing it changed the name to global climate change due to the decade long cooling period we entered after the craze started... Umm no... AS for climate change, yea, it's been happening since the earth was formed and will continue to happen until the sun burns itself out, we have very little influence on it and like every other species that has ever existed we will either evolve and adapt or go extinct. The earth and the climate don't care either way...
PC gamer.
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

I would love to irrigation, it would be a fun addition. It's in another farm game i play, rather interesting but lots of work on a large farm. But rain is a great help.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
hellfarmbruce

Post by hellfarmbruce »

Think it would be an awesome idea. Opens up the ability for someone to craft any number of dry, temperate maps. Bit further north than my fellow Aussie poster above, but travel a fair bit through regional Queensland and New South Wales, where there is a lot of irrigation. A placeable pump adjacent to the highest point of a ploughed/cultivated field would be the simplest and open up furrow irrigation. In the future the pump could also be the trigger for other irrigation mods placed adjacent. From there, there's a whole new world for modder's such as placeable centre pivot paddocks, irrigators, aquaculture and different crops such as rice (Claas India has some interesting machines). Would have to be tied to paddock moisture in Seasons. With an annual water allocation, could also bring in water management as part of the game. The "other game" has some interesting regions, irrigation and crops.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Nobody does not use it in northern countries, why? Because most of the time we got so much rain that we have the wet crop problems, not drought.
But it would fit well into addition to Seasons mod, for southern countries. For example Estancia Lapacho and Australian maps would get great benefit from it, because
the Seasons mod brings in the drought and you can avoid crop death by using irrigation.

So i voted yes! Let's hope Giants will make cooperation with Realismus and will bring the irrigation mod into the game one day.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I vote yes. Up until now, it is rather pointless for the game. But, seeing is how the team behind Realismus Modding added the drought system to Seasons 19, and... it keeps killing my crops and I can't do anything about it. I would love to be able to fight against the droughts and give my crops the water they need, so they can stay alive.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Yes because you can't grow crops without water. It also means rain is actaully a useful asset not just aesthetics even though in 19 you barely get rain. Meaning if you get enough rain you don't need to use the irrigators
G'day
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Would love to see irrigation in the game.
Especially for growing potatoes etc. Have tried a mod in FS19 but as in FS17 it stops working after the first game restart.
With the future soil (ground) water factor in seasons. It could well be integrated in the game with regards to moisture content instead of the current fertiliser effect when using the mod currently.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

IceUul wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 am Nobody does not use it in northern countries, why? Because most of the time we got so much rain that we have the wet crop problems, not drought.
But it would fit well into addition to Seasons mod, for southern countries. For example Estancia Lapacho and Australian maps would get great benefit from it, because
the Seasons mod brings in the drought and you can avoid crop death by using irrigation.

So i voted yes! Let's hope Giants will make cooperation with Realismus and will bring the irrigation mod into the game one day.
You do see irrigation systems in Northern countries esp like Denmark, Netherlands and the UK