How does the AI Helper feature work

Dagrump

How does the AI Helper feature work

Post by Dagrump »

I have used the AI helper in both FS17 and FS19 and sometimes observed unusual behavior. Now with FS19 it seems maybe more. Last night I bought a Saphire GE 601 cultivator and the first turn around on a field the AI helper got lost. I reset the tractor and implement and started it back down field and the same thing happened for the next turn around. I sold the implement and bought a Rau Unimat 660 set it up in the same field and it worked as expected. Both mods were downloaded from Giants Modhub.

My question is: Does every implement carry a set of parameters that the AI Helper function reads to determine turn around moves? It certainly needs to know operational speed, width etc but is there also something that tells the AI how to turn in the implement?

This is really for my own curiosity but would explain some crazy behavior I have observed in a variety of different mods. Thanks in advance to all the experts.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
JohnDeere77

Re: How does the AI Helper feature work

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Dont know exactly, but for me it always helps to do edges first, and wide enough so the AI do have space to turn. And if the field is odly shaped or have «odd» directions I try to fix this as well in order to make it easyer for AI
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Guil

Post by Guil »

I had problems with that saphire cultivator on mercury farm so uninstalled it
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:47 am Dont know exactly, but for me it always helps to do edges first, and wide enough so the AI do have space to turn. And if the field is odly shaped or have «odd» directions I try to fix this as well in order to make it easyer for AI
Agreed. I also do the edges first with special attention to the field ends and usually do at least two swaths with whatever the implement happens to be for turning. I also break down odd shape fields in sections to be able to use the standard AI helper. In the case I described in my op it was a straight forward oblong field with square corners - nothing tricky except ditches filled with water at one end I was trying to avoid.

I am hoping that the Extended AI mod makes it to Modhub soon - I really used that a lot on FS17. There are two versions available from various other mod sites but I have not had good luck with them yet - kind of buggy.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan