Oakfield farm 19

Dixie Farmer
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by Dixie Farmer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:47 pm

I’ll give that a go thanks.

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 pm

wicklow agri wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:50 pm
Dixie Farmer wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am
Hi, I’m playing with Seasons and it’s now mid summer, the grass in the Cow’s field has fully grown but it’s not showing up as food on the animal page. Anyone else seen this?
yes had same problem... if you plow paddock and sow grass in it then it seems to work
I assume you mean, create field?

User avatar
alpha117
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by alpha117 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:36 pm

I thought that with seasons the animals used their paddock grass to *** their food and there was no user intervention to make that happen??

CombineBert
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by CombineBert » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:46 pm

If you have TMR in the trough, the cows will eat that first. Then any Hay / Silage and finally grass. All three food types are not consumed at the same time. I would hazard a guess that grass in the paddock is only eaten as a last resort if other food types are not available.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons

wicklow agri
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by wicklow agri » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 pm

CombineBert wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:46 pm
If you have TMR in the trough, the cows will eat that first. Then any Hay / Silage and finally grass. All three food types are not consumed at the same time. I would hazard a guess that grass in the paddock is only eaten as a last resort if other food types are not available.
yep...thats how it should work..but wasn't for me until i created field in paddock

CombineBert
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by CombineBert » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Was this on a standard placeable animal pen or a built into the map pen?

On built in pens and other animal placeables, I believe the map / mod needs to be configured in some way so seasons recognises it as a paddock.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by Doc3d » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 pm

As long as the pen, standard or modded, has standard grass in it, no work should be needed. I am on a map where I thought it wasn’t working, because no grass showed up in the manager screen. Then I ran out of hay and all the grass showed up and is still there after I added more hay. So I think for it to show up you have to run out of any other food first.

wombles
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:13 am

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by wombles » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 pm

On Oakfield I always create fields out of the sheep and cow pasture, they are a good size for silage fields. There's enough grass around the edges for the sheep and cows :).

wicklow agri
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by wicklow agri » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Doc3d wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 pm
As long as the pen, standard or modded, has standard grass in it, no work should be needed. I am on a map where I thought it wasn’t working, because no grass showed up in the manager screen. Then I ran out of hay and all the grass showed up and is still there after I added more hay. So I think for it to show up you have to run out of any other food first.
i put cow's in in mid summer ... full grass growth... no other food available and it still didn't work... plowed paddock ..planted grass and now it works perfectly.. it was the modded pen

Panda93
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by Panda93 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 pm

I could be wrong but if you have a lot of cows and there is not enough grass in the paddock to feed all of them, then it won't work and won't show up in the manager screen.

bigsuirlife
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by bigsuirlife » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am

..it's possible to have fun in single player?

drgarbanzo
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 13, 2019 3:53 am

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by drgarbanzo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm

bigsuirlife wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am
..it's possible to have fun in single player?
I think the biggest obstacle to having fun is the lack of fields that have contracting missions. I loved this map in 17 and understood the difficulty in getting the mission system to play nice with fields that aren't square. This doesn't seem to be an issue in 19 provided the field definitions are set up by the map maker.

The exact same issue made marwell kinda boring anf it'd be lovely to see an update that made all of the fields available with contracts. Its also a bigger iussue now that seasons has been released as a large majority of the fields are now either withered or harvested and don't change across the season making seem completely dull and lifeless.

bigsuirlife
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by bigsuirlife » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:21 pm

drgarbanzo wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm
bigsuirlife wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am
..it's possible to have fun in single player?
I think the biggest obstacle to having fun is the lack of fields that have contracting missions. I loved this map in 17 and understood the difficulty in getting the mission system to play nice with fields that aren't square. This doesn't seem to be an issue in 19 provided the field definitions are set up by the map maker.

The exact same issue made marwell kinda boring anf it'd be lovely to see an update that made all of the fields available with contracts. Its also a bigger iussue now that seasons has been released as a large majority of the fields are now either withered or harvested and don't change across the season making seem completely dull and lifeless.
the big obstacle for me it's not properly the contract system, usually i don't use it often....
my problem it's the huge field that there're in this map :)

So i'm searching for a tiny maps (max 20/25 fields) only for a singleplayer and season rdy

norfolk farmer
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by norfolk farmer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 pm

bigsuirlife wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:21 pm
drgarbanzo wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm
bigsuirlife wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am
..it's possible to have fun in single player?
I think the biggest obstacle to having fun is the lack of fields that have contracting missions. I loved this map in 17 and understood the difficulty in getting the mission system to play nice with fields that aren't square. This doesn't seem to be an issue in 19 provided the field definitions are set up by the map maker.

The exact same issue made marwell kinda boring anf it'd be lovely to see an update that made all of the fields available with contracts. Its also a bigger iussue now that seasons has been released as a large majority of the fields are now either withered or harvested and don't change across the season making seem completely dull and lifeless.
the big obstacle for me it's not properly the contract system, usually i don't use it often....
my problem it's the huge field that there're in this map :)

So i'm searching for a tiny maps (max 20/25 fields) only for a singleplayer and season rdy
When the seasons ready Meadowgrove appears I would give that a look.

bigsuirlife
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by bigsuirlife » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm

norfolk farmer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 pm
When the seasons ready Meadowgrove appears I would give that a look.
seems interesting....

Post Reply