Dixie Farmer

Re: Oakfield farm 19

Post by Dixie Farmer »

I’ll give that a go thanks.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

wicklow agri wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:50 pm
Dixie Farmer wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am Hi, I’m playing with Seasons and it’s now mid summer, the grass in the Cow’s field has fully grown but it’s not showing up as food on the animal page. Anyone else seen this?
yes had same problem... if you plow paddock and sow grass in it then it seems to work
I assume you mean, create field?
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

I thought that with seasons the animals used their paddock grass to *** their food and there was no user intervention to make that happen??
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

If you have TMR in the trough, the cows will eat that first. Then any Hay / Silage and finally grass. All three food types are not consumed at the same time. I would hazard a guess that grass in the paddock is only eaten as a last resort if other food types are not available.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
wicklow agri

Post by wicklow agri »

CombineBert wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:46 pm If you have TMR in the trough, the cows will eat that first. Then any Hay / Silage and finally grass. All three food types are not consumed at the same time. I would hazard a guess that grass in the paddock is only eaten as a last resort if other food types are not available.
yep...thats how it should work..but wasn't for me until i created field in paddock
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Was this on a standard placeable animal pen or a built into the map pen?

On built in pens and other animal placeables, I believe the map / mod needs to be configured in some way so seasons recognises it as a paddock.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

As long as the pen, standard or modded, has standard grass in it, no work should be needed. I am on a map where I thought it wasn’t working, because no grass showed up in the manager screen. Then I ran out of hay and all the grass showed up and is still there after I added more hay. So I think for it to show up you have to run out of any other food first.
wombles

Post by wombles »

On Oakfield I always create fields out of the sheep and cow pasture, they are a good size for silage fields. There's enough grass around the edges for the sheep and cows :).
wicklow agri

Post by wicklow agri »

Doc3d wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 pm As long as the pen, standard or modded, has standard grass in it, no work should be needed. I am on a map where I thought it wasn’t working, because no grass showed up in the manager screen. Then I ran out of hay and all the grass showed up and is still there after I added more hay. So I think for it to show up you have to run out of any other food first.
i put cow's in in mid summer ... full grass growth... no other food available and it still didn't work... plowed paddock ..planted grass and now it works perfectly.. it was the modded pen
Panda93

Post by Panda93 »

I could be wrong but if you have a lot of cows and there is not enough grass in the paddock to feed all of them, then it won't work and won't show up in the manager screen.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

..it's possible to have fun in single player?
drgarbanzo

Post by drgarbanzo »

bigsuirlife wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am ..it's possible to have fun in single player?
I think the biggest obstacle to having fun is the lack of fields that have contracting missions. I loved this map in 17 and understood the difficulty in getting the mission system to play nice with fields that aren't square. This doesn't seem to be an issue in 19 provided the field definitions are set up by the map maker.

The exact same issue made marwell kinda boring anf it'd be lovely to see an update that made all of the fields available with contracts. Its also a bigger iussue now that seasons has been released as a large majority of the fields are now either withered or harvested and don't change across the season making seem completely dull and lifeless.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

drgarbanzo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm
bigsuirlife wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am ..it's possible to have fun in single player?
I think the biggest obstacle to having fun is the lack of fields that have contracting missions. I loved this map in 17 and understood the difficulty in getting the mission system to play nice with fields that aren't square. This doesn't seem to be an issue in 19 provided the field definitions are set up by the map maker.

The exact same issue made marwell kinda boring anf it'd be lovely to see an update that made all of the fields available with contracts. Its also a bigger iussue now that seasons has been released as a large majority of the fields are now either withered or harvested and don't change across the season making seem completely dull and lifeless.
the big obstacle for me it's not properly the contract system, usually i don't use it often....
my problem it's the huge field that there're in this map :)

So i'm searching for a tiny maps (max 20/25 fields) only for a singleplayer and season rdy
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

bigsuirlife wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:21 pm
drgarbanzo wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm

the big obstacle for me it's not properly the contract system, usually i don't use it often....
my problem it's the huge field that there're in this map :)

So i'm searching for a tiny maps (max 20/25 fields) only for a singleplayer and season rdy
When the seasons ready Meadowgrove appears I would give that a look.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 pm When the seasons ready Meadowgrove appears I would give that a look.
seems interesting....