Oakfield farm and water pump

User avatar
hun3
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:43 am

Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by hun3 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:57 am

Does the Seasons provided water pumps work on this map? So far I tried the horse pen and the cow and not filling up the water.

Does anyone else made it work?

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by Doc3d » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 am

It won’t fill until you have animals there. Have you bought your cows/horses yet?

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by FarmerLee73 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:51 am

This is a good question! I would also like to know if the animal fields/pens work with seasons or if you have to add the "default" pens for them to work?

Update - Just tried in the sheep pasture and does not work, yes it has animals in it.

User avatar
BoxTunnel
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 10:26 am
Location: Wiltshire, UK.

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by BoxTunnel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Rahkiin has just stated in the Seasons thread that it is a bug in the map. Realismus and OxygenDavid are working to fix it in a future update.

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by Doc3d » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:01 pm

I am on a map using custom livestock pastures and pens, and I do get water from the water pump when installed

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by FarmerLee73 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:17 pm

But not that ones that are already on the map, right?

wombles
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:13 am

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by wombles » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:24 pm

I just tried the water pump on Oakfield and it's not working on that map, as stated above Realismus and Oxygen David is working on a fix. Do you guys/gals think it's worth the five grand price tag, ya still need a water bowser to fill it up the other 85%.

User avatar
hun3
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by hun3 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:00 pm

wombles wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:24 pm
I just tried the water pump on Oakfield and it's not working on that map, as stated above Realismus and Oxygen David is working on a fix. Do you guys/gals think it's worth the five grand price tag, ya still need a water bowser to fill it up the other 85%.
I think its worth it since one less thing to worry about. The pump will always keep your water at 15% or something like that. You buy the pump and forget about it.

I do bought the land and have animals but pump not working...I guess as others stated its a bug.

wombles
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:13 am

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by wombles » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:19 pm

hun3 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:00 pm
wombles wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:24 pm
I just tried the water pump on Oakfield and it's not working on that map, as stated above Realismus and Oxygen David is working on a fix. Do you guys/gals think it's worth the five grand price tag, ya still need a water bowser to fill it up the other 85%.
I think its worth it since one less thing to worry about. The pump will always keep your water at 15% or something like that. You buy the pump and forget about it.

I do bought the land and have animals but pump not working...I guess as others stated its a bug.
Is there any detriment to your animals being at 15% all the time, is 15% water enough for the animals? I don't really know, as I keep my animals at 70% or above ideally.

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by Doc3d » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:32 pm

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:17 pm
But not that ones that are already on the map, right?
Yes the ones put there by the map creator. Not using a placeable

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by Doc3d » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:36 pm

*)The amount of water does not matter. As soon as a cow drinks a liter, another is added by the pump so no, you do not need a trailer and fill it all the way up, as long as there is water there, your cows are fine, they really don’t care how deep the water runs, jus t that they can drink as much as they want, which they can..

*) to the best of my knowledge.
I haven’t used seasons long enough to be 100% sure, but it wouldn’t make any sense having the amount of water matter -as long as it never runs out, of course

wombles
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:13 am

Re: Oakfield farm and water pump

Post by wombles » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:49 pm

That's good to know Doc, five grand for the pump is a lot cheaper than a water bowser :).

Post Reply