Page 2 of 2

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm
by lady_drey
Nigel wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm
Why would you be on 96 day seasons with 2 fields?
My first thought would be that when you start out, it is all you can afford. 1.25 Mil is not enough to get a descent farm going if your maintenance costs are high. Add to that you have to repay $250,000.00 of your starting funds and in Seasons; 'interest' payments in Seasons are also quite heavy. So if you dont want to get sidled with interest payments in seasons, you pay back $250,000.00 immediately upon starting a new game and you only have 1 mil to buy everything with.

Then you have to plan for the inevitable ever growing property maintenance costs, let a lone equipment maintenance and leasing costs, fertiliser/seed/lime costs, etc... and it leaves very little after your initial purchases.

Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:07 pm
by Rasping rabbit
On fs17 with maintenance costs the amounts depended on the seasons length. So if you were paying £4.5k per day on 3 day seasons, you would pay half that per day on 6 day. Overall the cost per season was the same.

I think anyway, it’s been a while.

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 pm
by Crazof
lady_drey wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm
Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.


If you only make money one day a year then you are missing out on a lot of other things to do in this game

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 pm
by lady_drey
Crazof wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 pm
lady_drey wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm
Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.


If you only make money one day a year then you are missing out on a lot of other things to do in this game
Pretty sure you are not understanding the mechanics. Regardless, even if you accept contracts and use animals (which come with a whole new set of expenses), the property maintenance costs are still outrageously insane.

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm
by Nigel
lady_drey wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm
Nigel wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm
Why would you be on 96 day seasons with 2 fields?
My first thought would be that when you start out, it is all you can afford. 1.25 Mil is not enough to get a descent farm going if your maintenance costs are high. Add to that you have to repay $250,000.00 of your starting funds and in Seasons; 'interest' payments in Seasons are also quite heavy. So if you dont want to get sidled with interest payments in seasons, you pay back $250,000.00 immediately upon starting a new game and you only have 1 mil to buy everything with.

Then you have to plan for the inevitable ever growing property maintenance costs, let a lone equipment maintenance and leasing costs, fertiliser/seed/lime costs, etc... and it leaves very little after your initial purchases.

Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.
So....why would you be on 96 day seasons with 1 or 2 fields? 3, 6 maybe 9 days seems logical. 96 is beyond extreme for 2 fields.

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:57 pm
by lady_drey
Nigel wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm
lady_drey wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm
Nigel wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 pm
Why would you be on 96 day seasons with 2 fields?
My first thought would be that when you start out, it is all you can afford. 1.25 Mil is not enough to get a descent farm going if your maintenance costs are high. Add to that you have to repay $250,000.00 of your starting funds and in Seasons; 'interest' payments in Seasons are also quite heavy. So if you dont want to get sidled with interest payments in seasons, you pay back $250,000.00 immediately upon starting a new game and you only have 1 mil to buy everything with.

Then you have to plan for the inevitable ever growing property maintenance costs, let a lone equipment maintenance and leasing costs, fertiliser/seed/lime costs, etc... and it leaves very little after your initial purchases.

Remember, you only get one harvest per year per field. Essentially, you get one day out of 12 (with seasons set to 3 days) with which to make money.
So....why would you be on 96 day seasons with 1 or 2 fields? 3, 6 maybe 9 days seems logical. 96 is beyond extreme for 2 fields.
The mod indicates that the prices scale with the time duration's. You should be paying the same at the end of the year regardless of what Season duration you play on.

However, I am not on a 96 day 'season' (this is not possible); a 96 day 'year' is a 24 day 'season' (which is the max).
I am actually on a 3 day season (the minimum) which translates into a 12 day year.

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 am
by reallogger
As noted in the Seasons thread placeable maintenance costs was set too high and will be revised in next version.

Daily cost is normalized with season length though.

Re: Property maintenance cost

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:47 am
by Maikello
Nigel wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 pm

So....why would you be on 96 day seasons with 1 or 2 fields? 3, 6 maybe 9 days seems logical. 96 is beyond extreme for 2 fields.
I played in a 24-day season with two fields. I didn't hire workers. One field had 15 hectares and the other 30. In the meantime I have done missions in the field which is almost 90. :chinese: :lol: