Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

1992Tadej1992
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by 1992Tadej1992 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:28 am

Oh I see. Thanks for clarification.

Flat Stanley
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by Flat Stanley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks Kahfs for that wonderful explanation.

I can't wait for the seasons version to come out.
Flat Stanley

DirectCedar
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:47 am

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by DirectCedar » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Flat Stanley wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm
Thanks Kahfs for that wonderful explanation.

I can't wait for the seasons version to come out.
I would also like to extend appreciation to kahfs for his work and his communication. It looks like a very cool and well thought out mod. Thanks for all your efforts *thumbsup*

User avatar
kahfs
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by kahfs » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi again.

Thank you for your kind words. Version 1.2.0.0 has just been released on www.modhoster.com a few minutes ago. There are 3 flavors with mod parameters typical for respectively Germany, UK, and US Heartland. If you find any issues, please send an e-mail. The address can be found at the top of each script.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of FS19_RealLifeNumbers

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by Doc3d » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Excellent!

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:12 am

Just had a very quick look at this as it does sound interesting, admittedly I have not read the manual yet however I notice it alters the price of "some" fields and not others, some fields that were over £2mil to buy are now just a few hundred pounds while other fields have not been touched. I assume that this mod must take some setting up?

EDIT: Had a look through the manual and can see the reason some fields are much cheaper are because the theory being that they are "rented" does this mean that the cost will be deducted from a players bank account on a yearly basis or is this just a case of a player getting a cheaper field and then using ones imagination and "pretending" it's rented?

User avatar
kahfs
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by kahfs » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:03 am

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:12 am
Just had a very quick look at this as it does sound interesting, admittedly I have not read the manual yet however I notice it alters the price of "some" fields and not others, some fields that were over £2mil to buy are now just a few hundred pounds while other fields have not been touched. I assume that this mod must take some setting up?

EDIT: Had a look through the manual and can see the reason some fields are much cheaper are because the theory being that they are "rented" does this mean that the cost will be deducted from a players bank account on a yearly basis or is this just a case of a player getting a cheaper field and then using ones imagination and "pretending" it's rented?
Hi FarmerLee73,
An annual, quarterly, or monthly fee would be the right thing. However, it is, as you suspect, total make-belief. So, if you play for more than one year on a map, you get the next rent period for free. Not perfect.

My implementations are limited by not having enough insight into the Farming Simulator software system. The documentation seems to get reduced each time there is an update to it, so I don't hold much hope that this will improve. My motivation was the need to balance prices on land and income and to offer some entry level approach when starting a new game. To me, it is important that a player experience a big part of a map, not just a couple of starter fields.

The purchase prices are reduced for all fields. The standard price per hectare is 60,000 per hectare. In this mod, the price depends on the country. In UK about 23,000 per hectare, in Germany about 25,000 per hectare and in the US Heartland 11,500 per hectare. Remember that you pay for the farmland area, not the field area.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of FS19_RealLifeNumbers

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:36 am

Many thanks for the clarification

wombles
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:13 am

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by wombles » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am

First of thanks Kahfs for the excellent mod, I too had been wondering about the field prices. Some are in the thousands and a couple where only a couple hundred quid.

User avatar
kahfs
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by kahfs » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:58 am

wombles wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am
First of thanks Kahfs for the excellent mod, I too had been wondering about the field prices. Some are in the thousands and a couple where only a couple hundred quid.
Hi wombles

Rent prices are a fixed fraction of the purchase price. Germany: 0.025, UK: 0.017, US Heartland: 0.033.

It is easy to change if you disagree with my numbers (taken from EuroStat and US department of Agriculture).
It is also easy to change what farmlands you would like to be rentable. Just change or add numbers in the list below. Be aware, that the numbers in the list is for farmlands, not fields. Pressing lAlt-rt will give you the list of both types of numbers (in the log file)
At the moment, you are only charged a rent once. But I got thinking that Seasons provides the concept of a year, and I can use this to nullify the rent agreement at the start of each year.

RealLifeNumbersInitialization.lua:

-- Field prices

RN.annualLoanInterest = 4; -- Annual interest rate on loans
RN.loanMax = 3000000; -- Max loan
RN.pricePerHa = 25000; -- GEO DE, purchase price of farmland per hectare
RN.rentPricePerHa = 0.025 * RN.pricePerHa; -- rent price of farmland per hectare

RN.rentedFields = { 5, 9, 14, 16, 20, 23, 28, 32, 38, 43, 49, 56, 60, 67, 73, 84}; -- Numbers for farmlands to be rentable
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of FS19_RealLifeNumbers

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:19 pm

kahfs wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:58 am

But I got thinking that Seasons provides the concept of a year, and I can use this to nullify the rent agreement at the start of each year.
Surely it would be better for the "tennant" to have the option to renew the agreement for another year rather than just be evicted for want of a better description !

Doc3d
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by Doc3d » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:52 pm

FarmerLee73 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:19 pm
kahfs wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:58 am

But I got thinking that Seasons provides the concept of a year, and I can use this to nullify the rent agreement at the start of each year.
Surely it would be better for the "tennant" to have the option to renew the agreement for another year rather than just be evicted for want of a better description !
You don’t get evicted, you just get the field for the low price and only pay once -so basically, you ‘rent’ the field, instead of buying but as of now, you only pay once, just like when you buy. I think what Kahfs is saying is that he will try to modify the script so that you are actually charged every year for the rent.

User avatar
kahfs
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:08 am

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by kahfs » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Doc3d wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:52 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:19 pm
kahfs wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:58 am

But I got thinking that Seasons provides the concept of a year, and I can use this to nullify the rent agreement at the start of each year.
Surely it would be better for the "tennant" to have the option to renew the agreement for another year rather than just be evicted for want of a better description !
You don’t get evicted, you just get the field for the low price and only pay once -so basically, you ‘rent’ the field, instead of buying but as of now, you only pay once, just like when you buy. I think what Kahfs is saying is that he will try to modify the script so that you are actually charged every year for the rent.
Yes, there is a parameter to each farmland named "isOwned" If this is "true" then you own/rent the farmland. If I switch this parameter to "false" at the end of the year, then you can use the usual tools in the game to either renew the lease or perhaps rent another field. I expect that winter crop would stay on the field, even if you don't have a rent contract for a short time.

I guess it is similar to a forced termination of leasing contract. However, I want to make as much use of built-in features as possible as this simplifies the implementation.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of FS19_RealLifeNumbers

1992Tadej1992
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by 1992Tadej1992 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:21 pm

That mod doesnt really work with the Holzer map.

Image

Image

There are many of unbalanced field prices like this. Is that normal?

User avatar
FarmerLee73
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Re: Profit/Selling Analysis, Vehicle Info, Mods, and more inside!

Post by FarmerLee73 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:32 pm

1992Tadej1992 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:21 pm
That mod doesnt really work with the Holzer map.

Image

Image

There are many of unbalanced field prices like this. Is that normal?
The ones that are cheaper are the rental prices, imagine your renting them!

Post Reply