can you use straw bales with open pastures?

ilovetrains

can you use straw bales with open pastures?

Post by ilovetrains »

I have used straw bales with the in game cow barns, I think I was using the feedbales mod, but the open pastures will NOT take baled straw. Is there a work around?
Flat Stanley

Re: can you use straw bales with open pastures?

Post by Flat Stanley »

If you have Global Company main mod, you can activate the 'cut bale' mod and try that.

No guarantees that it will work though.
Flat Stanley
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I don’t think the cows in the pastures require straw? The maps I am on give no manure or slurry whenon pasture, so what would you need the straw for...?
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Doc3d wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:22 pm I don’t think the cows in the pastures require straw? The maps I am on give no manure or slurry whenon pasture, so what would you need the straw for...?
Interesting. There may be more than one "open pasture" mod. The one I looked at featured both a slurry and manure trigger, with the in game images for both. The ground was simple dirt texture.

The triggers would not accept bales for straw, period, end. And it would only accept a single bale for feed. I ended up just using different cow enclosures.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Since patch 1.4.1 Giants changed the feeding bales feature, earlier you could drop a hole bale and it would fill the food, now it only takes as much as actually needed, so your bale might have worked, but lost part of its content.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Flat Stanley wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:00 pm If you have Global Company main mod, you can activate the 'cut bale' mod and try that.
Does the "bale cut" option work for you? - I have a problem with it - when approaching the bale, the cut option does not appear in the menu...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Lucass wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:33 am
Flat Stanley wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:00 pm If you have Global Company main mod, you can activate the 'cut bale' mod and try that.
Does the "bale cut" option work for you? - I have a problem with it - when approaching the bale, the cut option does not appear in the menu...
Have you selected the option in the global co menu, as i think you have to tick a box like you do for the other features which are not active in default.
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:35 am
Lucass wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:33 am
Have you selected the option in the global co menu, as i think you have to tick a box like you do for the other features which are not active in default.
Of course.
Maybe mod conflict...?
Lucass

Post by Lucass »

Interesting. I placed one (bought) bale of straw - which I want to cut - in a machine shed near the standing bales of silage and hay (on the Marwell Manor map, if it matters). I will try to set this bale in another place.