Can anyone help with Courseplay installation problem?

LostManAbroad

Can anyone help with Courseplay installation problem?

Post by LostManAbroad »

I am really not understanding why this is not working. There is nothing particularly complicated about the installation process yet it still won't work.

I got the latest courseplay mod from https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay and I downloaded the file. In downloads I located the coursepla-master.zip file and I unpacked it. I then highlighted all the files within the folder and repacked them into a new zip file with 7-zip. I then renamed the file "FS19_courseplay" and finally I put the file into my Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods folder.

I then started the game. From the main menu, if I click on MODS, then I can see all mods installed on my game and it shows CoursePlay as being installed. If I open up my career save game however, it brings up the list of mods that I can activate and CoursePlay is not in the list. Why not? This makes no sense. From messages on github and numerous other mod sites I can see that other people have got this working. I cannot understand why it won't work on my game. Anyone?
juf.de

Re: Can anyone help with Courseplay installation problem?

Post by juf.de »

Visit the site again, open the "Releases" tab right below the "Join Github add-strip", open the "Asset" of the latest, click on "Courseplay_6_01_00283_3.zip" (or what the latest release is called,safe it, move it to your mod folder, and you are good to go. With this variant you do not have to rename and repack anything.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
LostManAbroad

Post by LostManAbroad »

Finally, I have a working CoursePlay. Thank you very kindly good sir!! Problem solved.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You mean in the mod folder? Yes, there must always be only one courseplay mod inside the mod folder. Personally I always rename the file to prevent bugs, e.g. Courseplay_6_01_00283_3.zip becomes Courseplay.zip and when Courseplay_6_01_00284_x.zip is released i rename it again to Courseplay.zip and replace the old file in the mod folder
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I never rename the Course_6_01_0283.zip or whatever the version number is. I just remove the older version from the Mod Folder to a separate Courseplay Backup Folder on another drive on my PC. That way should I encounter any problems with the latest or current version of courseplay I can always, quickly and easily switch back to the previous version and by keep the version number in the zip names, it's much easier to tell which that is. Also it's a very bad practice to rename any mod zip file, as you could end up breaking something, if the files inside, contain links that require to a specific folder address or file path.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
LostManAbroad

Post by LostManAbroad »

Okay, so yesterday I jumped the gun celebrating that courseplay works. It doesn't work. I thought it did because Courseplay now appears in my list of mods that I can activate when I load a save game. I activated the mod though and clicked on START and the game starts loading but then it just sits at the loading screen permanently and never actually starts. I don't know what to do.

EDIT: Okay so Courseplay works if I start a new game but for some reason it seems to mess up a lot of other features of the game. I opened the shop to buy a tractor but when I pick a tractor, I see the inside of the shop but where you normally see the tractor on display, I just get a loading icon that never actually finishes loading. Maybe I just need to try an earlier version of Courseplay because the current build seems to just mess up my game.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Try this, delete all your courseplay files from your PC. Download the latest version github zip file, locate the downloaded zip file right click and unpack here, go into the new unpacked courseplay file, highlight all and right click select send to zip. Rename zip file FS19_courseplay nothing else, put it into you mod folder.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

For me this sounds like you have some crappy mods in your mod folder. It would be best, if you a post your log.txt here, so we can figure out, what went wrong. A tutorial for that can be found in the link in my signature.
Playing on PC