Bregentved Gods (One of Europes biggest farms)

valhalla75

Bregentved Gods (One of Europes biggest farms)

Post by valhalla75 »

Hi Community,

Im going to make my comment in english, to reach more users and perhaps skilled map modders.

We have for a long time thought about getting Bregentved Gods Estate to the Farming-simulator brand game, "Gods" is a name we use in Denmark when its a major agri-farm, it simply means BIG. Bregentved also own agri in Poland and a major solarpark in Vandel located in Jutland. Bregentved Gods Estate is a large agricultural and forestry business, based in Central Sealand in Denmark, near the town of Haslev. The estate covers 6,519 hectares, of which 3,465 hectares consist of agricultural land and 3,054 of forest. Both agricultural and forestry land use is driven with a focus on sustainability and climate-friendly production of food and energy.

Our history : We have to go all the way back to 1319 to find the first mention of Bregentved. King Erik Menved bestowed the seat farm to Ringsted Abbey, though they didn't keep Bregentved for long. By 1364, the estate had come into private hands and experienced a chequered history over the next 400 years, through many different noble families. Among others, the estate was a stable-house for Frederick IV in 1718, and served as a barracks with a staff and 250 horses. In 1718, Frederick IV purchased the estate, and by 1746, Bregentved was bestowed upon Frederick V to his prime minister and closest advisor A.G. Moltke. Since then, the estate has remained in the family. Today, Bregentved is run by Count Christian Moltke and Count Frederick Moltke as one of Europe's largest agricultural enterprises with a staff of around 35.

Bregentved's main building can be found in the centre of the park. This striking structure consists of 3 wings of two floors with distinctive copper spires. The south and east wings were designed by Axel Berg and built in the neo-rococo style in 1890. The north wing is from around 1650 and was built along with the Baroque chapel in 1735. Today, the Moltke family lives in the main building of the estate, where there is no public access.

Our main crops : wheat, barley and winter oilseed rape as well as rye grass seed. Most of the straw from the harvested crops are mulched. Approximately 10% of the straw is salvaged and used in the estate's own straw burners that produce heat for drying grain and heating Bregentved's manors.

Our biggest tractor : Bregentved Agriculture has large and effective machines that can handle all the key agricultural tasks. Of the machines, one can find the largest tractor in John Deere's inventory, namely, the 560 horsepower John Deere 9560R, which pulls the 12 metre Horsch cultivator. Four Class Lexion 700 series with wide MacDon, chaserbins from Hawe and John Deere 8000 series, just to name a few.

Click here to visit Bregentved Gods estate : http://www.bregentved.dk/index.php/bregentved-home
kahfs

Re: Bregentved Gods (One of Europes biggest farms)

Post by kahfs »

I would love to see a map from Denmark.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
wombles

Post by wombles »

There was me thinking that all you Danish dudes done, was row about in long boats with axes and pointy hats, terrorising coastal folk ;). Joking aside that's a lovely looking spot, can't wait to google videos on it later, and I hope some talented mapper makes this for you Danish virtual farmers.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

The most talented modders coming from germany tho.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

6,000 acres you say? That's nothing compare to where I live where a small farm is around 10,000 acres and the biggest one is 3 million!
G'day
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:38 am 6,000 acres you say? That's nothing compare to where I live where a small farm is around 10,000 acres and the biggest one is 3 million!
He said 6000 hectars which is around 14000 acres.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

...and it’s in Denmark. The whole country is about the size of a large American field. :mrgreen:

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. I’m Norwegian and we always take digs at the other Scandinavian countries when given half a chance. (And the other way around as well, of course)
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Granted I am not Danish myself (Norwegian, like Doc3d), but I have never heard the Danish word "gods" used to mean "big". Traditionally, it means "estate", which also makes alot more sense in a name like "Bregentved Gods".
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I was thinking the same thing, oLavEmil. Estate is more appropriate
I didn’t see the link until I thought of the word in Norwegian rather than English. (And the capital G didn’t help :))
Mundeling

Post by Mundeling »

Doc3d wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:06 am ...and it’s in Denmark. The whole country is about the size of a large American field. :mrgreen:

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. I’m Norwegian and we always take digs at the other Scandinavian countries when given half a chance. (And the other way around as well, of course)
Thats not right i dont think that A large american field is 6 million hectars ( 12 million acres )
Mundeling

Post by Mundeling »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:38 am 6,000 acres you say? That's nothing compare to where I live where a small farm is around 10,000 acres and the biggest one is 3 million!
6000 hectares* its around 14.000 acres