Seasons Mod

OlavEmil

Re: Seasons Mod

Post by OlavEmil »

I believe daylight is controlled by the GEO (at least, I hope it is). Evening time seems perfectly right for where the standard GEO is placed, central (?) England. Personally, I would prefer it to be even later, and having the north horizon never actually going dark mid summer, but that of course fully depends on where you live and what you are used to.
DRandi

Post by DRandi »

Ohhhh Norway.... someday hope to visit, and back to reality. Had to buy new shoes for the 11 year old. So much for travel savings.

I kinda agree. I’m not thinking of this from my perspective, but rather the stereotypical daytime, night time perspectives. Geo mods would give extended or reduced daylight hours to represent different norms. I will say it’s not really a big deal. Just a thought.

I live in the south east USA. Farming is year round the only seasons here are hot, and really hot and humid.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Yeah, and the big light in the sky go off at 5 pm. I lived in Tx. for a year. Big change from Northern Europe, especially in the summer. Sun is up at 4 and go down around 10.30-11pm where I live (Oslo) But winters are the opposite, where we get sunlight from 9 am- 3.30-4 pm
Up north you get midnight sun where it never sets in the summer(I’ve worn shades at 2am when I was in the army up there), and no sun at all in the winter. Might get twilight around noon, then it goes dark again..
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

theSeb wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:24 pm I struggle to understand what some people actually want or are suggesting in their ‘constructive criticism’. 🤔
Don't worry about it mate, the silent majority playing FS with Seasons love it, and don't have time to moan on the forum as we're too busy planning, planting, weeding, fertilizing, feeding, fattening, buying, selling and basically virtually farming.

Love your work, but now have to get back to the pigs!

BoxTunnel, maybe just one more tractor?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

hi everyone.. ok so I bought a bunch of the expensive pigs and ive had them for about.. idk.. 3 months (1 season) or so.. they still aren't worth a whole lot but I kinda figured they wouldn't be yet.. but.. then I realized that I don't really know how long I should keep them.. I know their value changes through the year but idk when is the best age to sell them.. would I breed them to make the money back? or will they be worth more once they r older and fatter? yea I know.. I sound like a noob.. but I figured the nice changes to the animal system warranted doing something I otherwise might not.. some solid pig advice would be awesome lol.. I hadn't really planned on breeding as im playing a small map with small pins and stuff so im really hoping that I can buy a "lot" of them, fatten them up and sell them for some nice profit.. thanks in advance for any help!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Giuh

Post by Giuh »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:06 pm hi everyone.. ok so I bought a bunch of the expensive pigs and ive had them for about.. idk.. 3 months (1 season) or so.. they still aren't worth a whole lot but I kinda figured they wouldn't be yet.. but.. then I realized that I don't really know how long I should keep them.. I know their value changes through the year but idk when is the best age to sell them.. would I breed them to make the money back? or will they be worth more once they r older and fatter? yea I know.. I sound like a noob.. but I figured the nice changes to the animal system warranted doing something I otherwise might not.. some solid pig advice would be awesome lol.. I hadn't really planned on breeding as im playing a small map with small pins and stuff so im really hoping that I can buy a "lot" of them, fatten them up and sell them for some nice profit.. thanks in advance for any help!
I think the best way is buying female pigs (Yorkshire or the Spotted) and just breed them, make them fat and selling.
PrincessJessi84

ok that works I guess lol.. idk exactly how many pigs my stall holds but I can make this work.. I already have females.. do I have to do anything else to make them breed? srry for the silly questions and more sorry if this has been answered which im sure it has.. I searched first.. there r only about a million threads on seasons and half of those mentioned pigs without answering my questions lol
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Just make sure they are fed and happy and eventually they will magically be insiminated and pregnant. Not sure how many piglets each produces, in RealLifeNumbers mod this was set to around 14 piglets per female, but don’t think it’s that high in seasons. Hopefully it’s more than 1 piglet as that would be less than realistic.
It may also take a while before they show as carrying. On the map I am currently playing, I’ve had sheep since early spring, it is now mid summer and no sheep are pregnant yet.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

The litter size in Seasons will vary. Yorkshire will have the largest litters in average.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Box tunnel the silent majority??? I think you'll find the major majority of fps players don't have seasons
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
PrincessJessi84

thanks for the tips guys.. I have Yorkshire pigs.. not a lot yet.. I only got 1 trailer load so far.. they aren't pregnant yet (I don't think) but im looking forward to piglets! also looking forward to winter.. ive got a shed full of firewood to part ways with.. I built a new shed for next years wood but I cant justify moving it all from one shed to another lol.. thanks so much Realismus Modding!!! looking forward to the slurry spreading fix in the next update so I can start putting slurry down but otherwise so far so good! so another kinda silly question.. my pin only holds 50 or 100 I think (yall know how I love tiny maps lol) and ive got 9.. ive only got 2 arable fields and 2 grass fields.. so.. how many pigs would u guys recommend as a base? I figure I have my 9 and maybe keeping their first litters for my breeding stock and selling anything over that for bacon? just curious to how other pig farmers would start off in my situation as I don't plan on buying any new fields or anything for a few years to come because I want to get a few cows first to make better use of my small grass fields
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Giuh

Post by Giuh »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:59 pm idk exactly how many pigs my stall holds but I can make this work..
I recommend you the mod AnimalScreenExtended to check how many animals you've got in a pen and what's the maximum it can hold.

Also, I think pigs give birth in spring and autumn, so expect new piglets around that time of the year.
Guil

Post by Guil »

What is the slurry spreading issue? I've been using it fine in Fenton forest with seasons.
PrincessJessi84

oh.. well there is a bug reported that I have had happen to me where nothing happens when u spread slurry.. in fact.. on one field it didn't do a single thing.. then on my second field it just didn't change the texture to show I had worked.. so I searched through the GitHub thingy and found that some people had already reported it and Realismus has already been able to reproduce and confirm the bug and have logged it in with other known bugs.. idk if I can spread manure.. there is no indication that I cant except.. I don't have any poo
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Is there a plan to bring seasons geo paraguay mod from fs17 to fs19?