Seasons Mod

Doc3d

Re: Seasons Mod

Post by Doc3d »

Ok, so Roby1164, if I understand you correctly, you feel that seasons is unrealistic because it removes either slurry or manure, depending on straw or not, am I correct? If so, then I think you are entitled to your opinion and criticism. I did find it strange that you had to choose, as I also expect cows to produce both liquid and solids when in a stable so that criticism is fine. I don’t think it’s game-breaking and the positives far outweigh the negatives (in my opinion)
But I still think you are overly critical and exaggerate when you say it’s game breaking, that Giants are biased and the mod in not suited for the modhub. I think this is why you get so much negative response, as most users here feel that seasons really gives the game more of what it should have and is a very very well made mod. That you have to read the manual is also not a bad thing, since the mod is so big, it’s impossible to put every info into the mod description.

And again, just remove it if you don’t like it :)
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 am Nothing will be done because everyone considers seasons to be the missing link to complete this game, even though a lot of it remains incomplete.
If other mods don't work with seasons, then it's all the other modders fault, even the ones that came before.

Realismus will not bend to accomidate other modders, it's all the other modders job to conform to seasons. So, good luck with your criticism, it'll fall on deaf ears.
Oh god dude, you have really no idea what you're saying here. This really hurts.

You don't want to know the time I personally invest in helping others.. to implement mods correctly and even make things possible. I am not even speaking about making stuff Seasons compatible.

The problem being is dat most things aren't implemented in ways they should be causing it to conflict with Seasons (and also other mods) cause we literally touch everything.
If it's done right there's no problem.. so what you're basically saying is dat we have to build in all kinds of hacky exceptions cause other implementations are lacking simple good overwrites of vanilla functionality.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

I’ve personally changed Seasons code to make it work better with maps from Oxygendavid. We also add new checks when things are not as we expect it to be on some maps.

There is no way for us to add compatibility to some script mods without breaking more of them. We already follow best practices when it comes to script modding.

But there are some limits as to what we can check for. And it takes time to update our mod on modhub.
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

really a great work guys..really i don't know why people are way too toxic in this time.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Best. Mod. Ever! Please ignore the haters. I'm using seasons properly for the first time and can not conceive of going back to the vanilla game now. It is an incredible piece of work and I thank you.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Roby1164 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:27 am it was refused, also because it modified the game parameters, while here you defend a mod that totally modifies the game, and I repeat in a way, not correct.
This is completely false, it was refused because you literally downloaded the zip rahkiin made and uploaded to the thread, and then you tried to submit that very zip to modhub.
John Deere 86

Post by John Deere 86 »

Ok so I'm new to the forums and this makes me laugh and angry at the same time, your complaining about a mod that has been in development for a while now, if your not happy with a mod why download it? I personally dont agree with the auto load trailers but I'm not going complain about it, to the guys at Realismus Modding, I thank you all for your hard work, and as a console player myself I look forward to the game changing mod, I know it's a long way from consoles (assuming that is) but keep up the great work you all do
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Wopster wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:32 am
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 am Nothing will be done because everyone considers seasons to be the missing link to complete this game, even though a lot of it remains incomplete.
If other mods don't work with seasons, then it's all the other modders fault, even the ones that came before.

Realismus will not bend to accomidate other modders, it's all the other modders job to conform to seasons. So, good luck with your criticism, it'll fall on deaf ears.
Oh god dude, you have really no idea what you're saying here. This really hurts.

You don't want to know the time I personally invest in helping others.. to implement mods correctly and even make things possible. I am not even speaking about making stuff Seasons compatible.

The problem being is dat most things aren't implemented in ways they should be causing it to conflict with Seasons (and also other mods) cause we literally touch everything.
If it's done right there's no problem.. so what you're basically saying is dat we have to build in all kinds of hacky exceptions cause other implementations are lacking simple good overwrites of vanilla functionality.
I reread what I said and it sounds a bit off from what was meant. That's the problem with reading rather than hearing.
I'm sure everyone appreciates you helping others, and I apologize for my comment in that regard because I wasn't aware.

I think what I said is true though, most people consider seasons the missing link. All other mods will likely be uninstalled before seasons when players have to make the choice. That is actually meant as a compliment to realismus for putting out the ultimate mod.
As for wishing the OP luck with his criticism, it wasn't meant as a dig toward anyone. Just letting him know he was a minority when it comes to complaining about seasons. Better for him to uninstall rather than to subject himself to other people.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:54 pm

I reread what I said and it sounds a bit off from what was meant. That's the problem with reading rather than hearing.
I'm sure everyone appreciates you helping others, and I apologize for my comment in that regard because I wasn't aware.
Glad to hear, yes writing with emotion is hard. :mrgreen:
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

Roby1164 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:54 pm I read your post, where you tell to contact the modders, to report bugs or other, but, I don't find it right that a mod, be approved and released in the Modhub, when it destroys the game, penalizes other modders, modifies the parameters of the game coming out from reality, etc ..

Well they have always stated that the mod will use parameters coming straight from reality. It doesn't destroy the game but merely makes it more realistic and challenging. It doens't penalize other modders, but is merely incompatible with other modders maps etc because well they add and change so much basegame stuff and that is not uncommon for big mods like this, if you want examples go no longer than Nexus mods for any elder scrolls game or fallout game, you need so many mod patches etc to make mods play nice with eachother for those games because they got so many big and indepth mods.

They have publicized the mod, focusing on the fact of the seasons, but have neglected to say that they would have left the game unrealistic, with changes to the parameters, like that of removing potatoes and beets from the food of pigs, the production of liquid manure blocked if you put the straw in the stable, but without this the animal production decreases and manure is not produced, and much more,

In real life, or at least on any farms I have worked, if you only use straw for bedding as in straw everywhere then you don't produce slurry because well the straw kinda absorbs that in which case you only produce manure. If you don't use straw(you still do but only like a handful each day in each cow booth) then you cna't really produce manure but instead you can produce tons of slurry. They removed the ability to use potatoes/sugerbeets for pigs because well it's not very common to use potatoes in pig feed on major farms anymore at least not in my experience.

but also signals the matter, they do not want to know, besides bringing the various modders of the maps to integrate it, to then find itself with maps, which give 1000 problems and become unplayable ...

Well with such big changes to base game stuff and by adding so much they kinda have to tell other modders that in order for their maps to work they need to follow a simple guide that the modding team have provided on how to make maps compatible.

Ok to have the seasons, beautiful snow and wait for the harvest, the correct period, but respecting the other parameters of the game, as well as the other modders ...

I feel like they have respected the base game stuff as well as other modders as well as they can with a mod of this scale so yeah
My best advice you would be to either read all their blogs or remove the mod and play the game as it is without seasons :)

I hope this answers any issues you might have with seasons

Edit: forgot to say that thanks to our dear realismus team for again pushing out a mod that really changes how the game is played and gives me and plenty of other people another reason to keep playing
Frick

Post by Frick »

No idea to get upset. You can never please everyone. I think you do a GREAT job, so all I can say is keep it up!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Roby1164 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:07 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:01 pm I find it funny that the OP talks about seasons being unrealistic because potatoes and sugar beets got removed from the pigs diet, when I have never fed pigs those crops ever in real life.
Of course, if you really ever had and fed mailai, at the farmer's level, you wouldn't give them potatoes and beets, since they are expensive and make less, better stuffed with drugs or artificial foods, to fatten them ......
All species of Suidae (Pigs, Wild boar, etc.), feed on tubers in nature, such as potatoes, turnips, etc.
Not sure what at a farmer's level means, but we don't feed them artificial food either. I'm sorry pigs in nature would eat anything, plus we are taking about pigs on a farm not in nature, so your point is irrelevant.

P.s thanks realimus for your work along with all modders. This game is so much better because of you guys. Thanks giants for all of your hard work too. I really enjoy the game. It is nice and relaxing to play.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Critizing Seasons is fine really. It is what it is and certainly not everyone likes it. We are perfectly fine with that, but don't think there is much coincidence in the design or features (the coincidence lies in the bugs :D). That being said we do changes if needed. It's not like everything is perfect.

Specifically about this discussion. What is hard to agree to is when saying Seasons is game breaking cause not agreeing with a certain feature or that a third-party mod that does not read game data correctly breaks his game when installed together with Seasons. If we had been approached with a bit more curiosity rather than claims and accusations this could have been a different story.

What is puzzling to me is that OP has released his own version (and I hope he got permission to do so) of this third-party mod that broke his game... He could have simply said that he had a way to fix it. :confusednew:
John Deere 86

Post by John Deere 86 »

I'd suggest we all ..... the OP, like the Sony drama going on, I wouldnt criticize any mods of any nature, I'm all for realism, if people wish to use a mod that makes life easier go for it, and dont be silly and try take someone elses work
Guil

Post by Guil »

John Deere 86 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:52 pm I'd suggest we all ..... the OP, like the Sony drama going on, I wouldnt criticize any mods of any nature, I'm all for realism, if people wish to use a mod that makes life easier go for it, and dont be silly and try take someone elses work
Read the rules again please.