Required for harvesting potatoes.

faruk9154

Re: Required for harvesting potatoes.

Post by faruk9154 »

eric21 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:37 pm Yes that's true, here is latest https://www.grimme.com/uk/products/kart ... -kartoffel
Giants don't care about potatoes.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

GrimGandalf wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:47 pm I’d like to see the Ventor 4150. It would more than double our current harvesters capacity, And it’s a massive machine.
I want it too.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Also, I'd be interested to see some smaller potato machinery. For small maps, the current equipment is still too large for maps such as meadow grove, where you'd struggle to get any of it through 😂
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

reallogger wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 pm A tater DLC would be cool. Potatoes receive too little love in this game. The lack of support to this thread is proof enough :neutralnew:
I agree, along with Beets as well. An 3M is a little small for Potateos! And the Implements are small for Beets
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I know Ropa was looking into possibly a 12 row header, but I don’t think they ever made one for beets. The machines we have in game are pretty much the biggest in the world. As for potato’s they could add some bigger capacity machines for sure but it seems like nothing is bigger than 4 rows. The truth is when doing these crops you just have to increase the amount of machinery if you want more. Time saving is very costly with these crops.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
ItsHarryUK

Post by ItsHarryUK »

Sure is cost more but always worth it sometimes.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I believe it was in either FS13 or FS15 there was a mod for the Techron harvesters for both beets and potatoes that had a header that expanded from 4 rows to 6,8,10, or 12 rows. I had a map that I used three with 12 row capacity on a large map--was awesome. Too bad we don't have that anymore. I also just used AI on that map for the harvesters and did all the transporting myself--kept me quite busy. I think the map was a Kansas map--mostly flat and huge fields.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

i would farm nothing but potatoes in this game if i could be unfortunately there are so many issues that it is impossible.

- Lack of equipment, processes and textures to create the seed beds
- no de-stoners
- Texture doesn't follow the planter
- no decent trailed harvester. In fs17 there was a Grimme GT170 mod which was great.
- Currently you cant top at the same time as harvesting with the trailed harvesters because the topper is always on the wrong side or you have to drag the wheel of the harvester over the un-harvested seed beds.
- no grading table
- no paletised bagged end product
- after you have stacked 40 or so of boxes/pallets together, the game can't handle it even though i have a way above spec pc.

would love to see this aspect of the game sorted out.
Samson_32

also improvments to be made to planting

Post by Samson_32 »

first of all fs only has an 4 row planter and a 6 row planter which folds out it would be nice to have an 6 row and 8 row planter from Grimme and maybe an 12 row planter from Spudnik with an option of 75cm row spacing and 90 cm row spacing which means you should be able to buy your tractors with different row spacing and it would be nice to get skinny duels if you play the realism mod when the potatos plant come just out the ground you should be able to use an power hiller to help with the future weed situation.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Welcome to the forum Samson_32!
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Coldlandlord wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:53 pm i would farm nothing but potatoes in this game if i could be unfortunately there are so many issues that it is impossible.

- Lack of equipment, processes and textures to create the seed beds
- no de-stoners
- Texture doesn't follow the planter
- no decent trailed harvester. In fs17 there was a Grimme GT170 mod which was great.
- Currently you cant top at the same time as harvesting with the trailed harvesters because the topper is always on the wrong side or you have to drag the wheel of the harvester over the un-harvested seed beds.
- no grading table
- no paletised bagged end product
- after you have stacked 40 or so of boxes/pallets together, the game can't handle it even though i have a way above spec pc.

would love to see this aspect of the game sorted out.
Theres a potato trailer mod which boxes appear when harvester is unloading
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

eric21 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:33 am
Coldlandlord wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:53 pm
Theres a potato trailer mod which boxes appear when harvester is unloading
this sounds interesting, do you have a link or mod name to search?
PC & Xbox One