Sick animals on Seasons

Lincsfarmboy

Sick animals on Seasons

Post by Lincsfarmboy »

Hi everyone,
Just like to say what a BRILLIANT mod Seasons is, an absolute game changer, best thing since sliced bread etc etc. Brilliant just brilliant.

Anyway playing on Oakfield 19 by the also brilliant Oxygen David, Seasons 1.0.1.0., New save game, 6 days per season, start from scratch.
First year, last day of summer I bought 12 Ayrshire cows and now I am day 2 of spring, 11 of them are pregnant and putting on weight, but one is not gaining weight and so will not get pregnant. So do you people think I should sell her as barren or give her longer to put on weight?
Also in the field are 18 Limousin bullocks who are fattening up nicely, all are fed on total mixed ration. 82% health.
reallogger

Re: Sick animals on Seasons

Post by reallogger »

One animal not gaining weight? That sounds awfully strange. It might happen that it takes a bit of time before they all get pregnant. Regarding weight gain, keep in mind that weight is including the fetus so after giving birth the weight will drop a bit. But with time your cows should all gain weight. The rate of weight gain depends on what you feed.
Lincsfarmboy

Re: Sick animals on Seasons

Post by Lincsfarmboy »

Thank you for your Quick reply.

Started the game up tonight and guess what, that cow is now pregnant, 0.8 year till calving.
Another question. How old will breeding stock get before they are to old to breed or die?