fs 19 physics discussion

this_is_gav

Re: fs 19 physics discussion

Post by this_is_gav »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 am Add option in the settings menu: Advanced Bale Physics On/Off, problem solved.
It could work for PCs with proper GPUs and new-gen consoles.
No chance. For hundreds of bales we're not talking a little extra headroom or anything, for them to be truly dynamic and responding to things around them properly you'd probably need a second dedicated GPU just to process the physics.

Even basic dynamic objects are horrible performance *censored*. When BulletBill was making The West Coast for FS17 he had a lot of dynamic objects (objects which can be moved such as pallets and other decorative or junk items) but when he made many of them static performance improved massively. For proper bale physics we're not just talking dynamic objects (bad enough, hence the bale limit on consoles), but also where each of them can deform individually (like tyres do with weight).
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 pm
george.earlslight wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 am Add option in the settings menu: Advanced Bale Physics On/Off, problem solved.
No chance. For hundreds of bales we're not talking a little extra headroom or anything, for them to be truly dynamic and responding to things around them properly you'd probably need a second dedicated GPU just to process the physics.

Even basic dynamic objects are horrible performance *censored*. When BulletBill was making The West Coast for FS17 he had a lot of dynamic objects (objects which can be moved such as pallets and other decorative or junk items) but when he made many of them static performance improved massively. For proper bale physics we're not just talking dynamic objects (bad enough, hence the bale limit on consoles), but also where each of them can deform individually (like tyres do with weight).
I'm getting what you're talking about but I have no way to prove that it can or cannot be done, unless I find a demo of the exact thing we're talking about: ~100 simulated bales acting according to physics.
I can offer through the following videos from 2014, even if just for further couch programming discussion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffgRC3kvA_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMlBgj1LPo
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Ah yes, but remember those demonstrations are all that they have to do. The CPU and GPU has to cope with, you know, the rest of the game.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Guil wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:02 amBe my guest...
I love the game and how it is but the logging and forestrey machines the prosesers loaders and the grabs need to change or be reviewed for functional use a good role models would be fdr logging the logging for console would be more popular and less stressed
Xbox one
Guil

Post by Guil »

FDR mods are generally dreadful but that's just my opinion. Users on console think they are the be all and end all.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Guil wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:19 pm FDR mods are generally dreadful but that's just my opinion. Users on console think they are the be all and end all.
Im not saying that the models of the grabs and the functions on them
Xbox one
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:27 pm

I'm not a programmer, just spitballing here. But wouldn't you be able to program it as such to only have to handle bale physics when they are on screen and/or interacting with them. And ignore them when they are not? I suppose if you have literally tons of bales currently on the map it could be pretty hairy if they're all touching or something.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Jonny3355 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:23 pm
Guil wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:19 pm FDR mods are generally dreadful but that's just my opinion. Users on console think they are the be all and end all.
I have no idea why you qouted my post to begin with (it was in relation to someone saying a poll should be created) but I'm guessing you are only going from videos on Youtube and such? Have a look at some of the NMC mods and also the videos of him using them (I know there is more than one but can't remember the fella's name haha).
He uses grapples with ease as he uses a joystick and is good with it
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Guil wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:58 pm
Jonny3355 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:23 pm
I have no idea why you qouted my post to begin with (it was in relation to someone saying a poll should be created) but I'm guessing you are only going from videos on Youtube and such? Have a look at some of the NMC mods and also the videos of him using them (I know there is more than one but can't remember the fella's name haha).
He uses grapples with ease as he uses a joystick and is good with it
Not really the grabs and physics for logging is so stressful and its from my own experience your grabs are quiet flawed make different types of grabs and make the grab mor solid and actually get a bunch of logs without sliding out an the grab not grabing the log fully plese it is clear that itis a problem that others aswell have wanted to change
Xbox one
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Guil doesn't work for Giants.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Kimpak wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:37 pm I'm not a programmer, just spitballing here. But wouldn't you be able to program it as such to only have to handle bale physics when they are on screen and/or interacting with them. And ignore them when they are not? I suppose if you have literally tons of bales currently on the map it could be pretty hairy if they're all touching or something.
Almost certainly, yes. But then you would also get problems of sudden movement when you get within a certainly distance of bales and all of a sudden the game starts calculating them. Plus a lot of players would amass all or most bales within a small distance, as you're more likely to store a collection of different bales close to cattle in particular, so that wouldn't help anyway.

Perhaps it would be possible to lock them down in game, only moving them when a player interacts with them, a bit like how the straps work on trailers, but that would leave a lot of scope for occasionally having an unmovable concrete bale bug.
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

Dural is the best modder for farming simulator if its about making the gameplay more realistic.
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
yumi

Post by yumi »

CudoYT wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:31 pm Dural is the best modder for farming simulator if its about making the gameplay more realistic.
If only he could have been employed by Giants for this
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
CudoYT

Post by CudoYT »

He hadn"t be able to to bring the MR to the game, why? Giants is focussing to much on the arcade players
More Realistic players are "not wished" in this game
Lernt Modden/Mappen.
Lädt unregelmäßig Videos auf seinem YT Kanal hoch. :confusednew:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXJ4G ... t5YyhWyPBg[/youtube]
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I believe your statement is 100 percent false. Fs cares about every player group, but more realistic styles than not. That's why adub's mods have been denied because they are not realistic.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.