Seasons

Jimbob0704

Re: Seasons

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Yeah princess it was me who was being unrealistic with my expectation, I just thought with rakhin now working with giants it would have come sooner but I was totally wrong but still, I won't be buying fs21 till seasons is released because without it I doubt it will have anything that will draw me to it, like 19 atm hasn't got enough to keep me compared to 17 with seasons, none of what I wrote here has in anyway put a black mark on realismus, without them I doubt I'd even play FS
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I wasn't taking a shot at u Jimbob.. it was a general statement.. I cant personally imagine the amount of work and trial and error that has gone into either version of seasons, 17 or 19.. in fs17 I switched to pc so I could learn to mod.. and I devoted a reasonable amount of time to it.. I created one map from scratch and while it wasn't "perfect", it was nicely detailed and it fit my play style perfectly.. I also completely rebuilt a couple maps and created a couple mods like my heart weight pack.. I created these things all for myself so there was no real pressure.. but even at that.. the amount of time I invested into these small mods was insane.. it was frustrating and confusing at times while also being so rewarding to see my creations come to life.. and even better was when they did what they were designed to do.. but it wasn't easy.. and it took so much time.. I can only imagine writing scripts that don't exist yet.. completely changing most of the base functions of an entire game.. the scale of that is so much larger than anything I attempted.. to someone even half as talented as the guys (and girls?) who comprise RM, the work and challenge would seem staggering.. I just wish people would be patient u know?.. also for the record.. I stopped modding after fs17.. I spent so much time learning and then creating a handful of personal mods for 17 that "playing the game" meant testing the mod(s).. I lost all enjoyment for this game and decided that I wouldn't do that to myself for 19.. there is a slew of talented modders in the community and I think I will get by nicely this time around just enjoying and appreciating their work.. maybe fs21 will change my mind but as of now the only things I do aside from play the game is slight edits of existing stuff to make my farming experience more legit from my own perspective
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:58 pm If somebody had have told me that when I bought 19 it would take a year before seasons would come out for it I wouldn't have bought the game, I would have just waited till the release of seasons then buy it, that's what I'll be doing for fs21
I learned on 17 to wait a few months and let everyone work out the bugs in the game, which was my plan on 19 also but that turned into almost a year because I had to buy a new computer to run it. I'm behind but I'm fine with that, all the big bugs in 19 are dealt with and there are lots of mods out. :-) I won't be in a hurry to buy 21 now either.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.