Platinum expansion

Syd11@live.com

Platinum expansion

Post by Syd11@live.com »

Hi. I play on console and I don’t really want to pay £20 to get the expansion. So I was wondering if there will be claas mods coming to console or will I have to buy it to get claas?
IceUul

Re: Platinum expansion

Post by IceUul »

Claas mods will come, but not same machinery what is inside the DLC.
DLC content is protected, so players can't modify them and them upload modified mods again.
So basically if you want to get these machines, you need to buy them.

If some player submit they Claas mod for console testing, Giants might accept it... but
most likely these are different machines. For example, if modders submit this mod to console testing, then most likely you
will soon see it on consoles:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Plus it may take awhile for Claas mods to come out and Giants dlc always is high quality
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Also while modders will be able to make Claas mods for console, there is no guarantee that they will make them. Although in my opinion it is likely.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:16 pm Its pretty much going to be the same as it is with John Deere mods, sure its possible but theres no guarantee that anybody will make them
Exactly, no guarantees, for example we do not have much JD mods on Consoles:
2x Tractors
Modified T560 harvester
One seeder
And lot of... forestry stuff.

But there are so much JD mods out there, that did not pass or not submitted to Consoles.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Not much? Theres about 6-8 JD mods on console. New Holland has about 2..
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

eric21 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:34 pm Not much? Theres about 6-8 JD mods on console. New Holland has about 2..
14 JD mods already on Consoles and only 4 New Holland mods, i did not include the Giants mods!
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

:hi: I haven't seen not even one word about a map in the Platinum expansion, is it going to include a map? In the past the Gold or Platinum DLC's had a new High Quality map. The only promotional info I've heard about is the inclusion of Claas equipment. What a Rip Off if Giants changes their content standard after people like me already paid for the season pass fully expecting a Giants quality map.
Guil

Post by Guil »

No there is no map but no other expansion has had close to 35+ vehicles/equipment before either.
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

Thanks for the clarification Guil, now I know I wasted my money. I play on the PS4 and don't use any of the other DLC stuff or the JD equipment included in the vanilla FS19 because of the high slot counts. I do understand that the models are very detailed with high poly counts and beautiful paint schemes. But I play on a 1080p, 55in, LCD television from my Lazy-Boy recliner in my living room, not on a 4k computer monitor while my nose is touching the screen. So the super high quality and high slot count stuff is useless to me because I can't see any difference anyway. But they do limit me as to how I can lay out the map ( cow pasture, horse corral, sheep area, pig enclosure, chicken coop ) as well as the arable farm. If I use the high slot count equipment the slots are all used up before I can get all the necessary items. Therefore I only use the stuff with lower slot counts. Bottom line is I wasted my money and will NEVER by a season pass again. I really don't think I'll waste my money on FS21 because the trend I see Giants taking is to cater to high end PC users and screw over the console people.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

SkyBurner JB wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm Thanks for the clarification Guil, now I know I wasted my money. I play on the PS4 and don't use any of the other DLC stuff or the JD equipment included in the vanilla FS19 because of the high slot counts. I do understand that the models are very detailed with high poly counts and beautiful paint schemes. But I play on a 1080p, 55in, LCD television from my Lazy-Boy recliner in my living room, not on a 4k computer monitor while my nose is touching the screen. So the super high quality and high slot count stuff is useless to me because I can't see any difference anyway. But they do limit me as to how I can lay out the map ( cow pasture, horse corral, sheep area, pig enclosure, chicken coop ) as well as the arable farm. If I use the high slot count equipment the slots are all used up before I can get all the necessary items. Therefore I only use the stuff with lower slot counts. Bottom line is I wasted my money and will NEVER by a season pass again. I really don't think I'll waste my money on FS21 because the trend I see Giants taking is to cater to high end PC users and screw over the console people.
You don't always get what you pay for. It'd be nice if they would let people know what was going to be included in a season pass up front so you could determine if it would be worth it to you. Some people will love the extra machines, while others will wait for similar mods.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

SkyBurner JB wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm Thanks for the clarification Guil, now I know I wasted my money. I play on the PS4 and don't use any of the other DLC stuff or the JD equipment included in the vanilla FS19 because of the high slot counts. I do understand that the models are very detailed with high poly counts and beautiful paint schemes. But I play on a 1080p, 55in, LCD television from my Lazy-Boy recliner in my living room, not on a 4k computer monitor while my nose is touching the screen. So the super high quality and high slot count stuff is useless to me because I can't see any difference anyway. But they do limit me as to how I can lay out the map ( cow pasture, horse corral, sheep area, pig enclosure, chicken coop ) as well as the arable farm. If I use the high slot count equipment the slots are all used up before I can get all the necessary items. Therefore I only use the stuff with lower slot counts. Bottom line is I wasted my money and will NEVER by a season pass again. I really don't think I'll waste my money on FS21 because the trend I see Giants taking is to cater to high end PC users and screw over the console people.
Wait till past comes out and FS came out on PC first
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

There’s always the chance that you won’t get what you’re hoping for when buying a seasons pass. It’s a gamble YOU take.

I wasn’t happy about the Anderson and “John Deere” cotton DLC’s. But oh well, I didn’t cry about it either. The way I saw it, was... extra equipment you can chose to play with.

But this Platinum expansion...?
Who cares about Anderson and the McCormack cotton DLC’s?! We’re getting over 35 vehicles and equipment from CLAAS!

This season pass was totally worth it already.

And who knows what else we’re getting
Ignorance is bliss
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

It's not even about GIANTS trying to screw console players. It's a culmination of generally weaker hardware on console and GIANTS not optimizing the game very well. At the end of the day, isn't the issue you have partly because of the way YOU choose to play? Not entirely GIANTS' fault. Neither is it yours.

edit: Removed First paragraph of original post.
Last edited by Deadeye on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
FS19Fordawin

Post by FS19Fordawin »

I’M SOO EXCITED FOR FACT SHEET FRIDAY!
:gamer: